Main Menu

EU fuel pricing

Started by Nick, August 29, 2022, 06:24:55 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just think of the fun coming our way, trying to make that into votes on the day.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sean

In broken tory Britain , the UK is facing the highest price rises in Europe. Vote Labour at the next election to stop this tory madness , and take our country back into the EU where we belong.

Millions of people in the United Kingdom are steeling themselves for colossal rises to their energy bills over the next few months, a coda to a year already marked by record price increases.

But UK energy prices are now higher than in comparable economies like France and Italy, analysts told CNN Business. And Brits have suffered much bigger price increases than in most European countries, including Germany, where decades of energy policy has been turned on its head by the Ukraine war.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/19/energy/energy-prices-uk-europe-explainer/index.html

Sean

LAB: 41.0% (+8.1) CON: 31.8% (-12.9) LDM: 11.9% (+0.1) GRN: 5.6% (+2.SNP: 4.2% (-0.1) RFM: 3.2% (+1.1)

How far will the Conservative vote fall if the UK has a cold winter this year?

Sean

Good to see President Von Der Leyen saying the EU Commision are going to invest 300 billion Euroes in Green Energy such as solar , wind ,Hydropower  ,to accelerate the switch away from reliance on Gas . With the UK facing the worst price increases in Europe under this disgracefull conservative shambles of a government. It should provide Keir with even more votes and momentum to make our Labour party the next UK government , and take us back into Europe. Brexit has been a disaster.

Sheepy

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 29, 2022, 07:08:43 AM
Well said, Nick. Union Flag

Luckily, we are a sovereign and independent coastal state and have our own natural gas resources so I expect our energy prices to stay where they currently are.
Thankfully we have left this shameful "EU".

Dancing

Cannot say I am bothered Hallowed, I have just been washing the off-grid camper down and they can all do one. I did tell Barry when things got rocky I will have room for him, but he said he is rich and not bothered either. Personally, I like depriving them of the pleasure of keeping hostages.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

HallowedBrexit

Well said, Nick. Union Flag

Luckily, we are a sovereign and independent coastal state and have our own natural gas resources so I expect our energy prices to stay where they currently are.
Thankfully we have left this shameful "EU".

Dancing

Nick

Imagine if we were still in the EU right now, we would be wide open to any dirty tricks the EU is about to play. This is when you are going to see just how big Germany's influence over the rest of the block is Gerry, whilst they come up with some lopsided sharing scheme to pull Germany out of the clagg as it weans itself of Russian gas. Electricity prices inside the EU now up ten fold. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62710522
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.