Main Menu

EU fuel pricing

Started by Nick, August 29, 2022, 06:24:55 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2022, 04:47:48 PM
Let's look at your G7 spending shall we.

USA doesn't have an NHS, it's insurance based.

Canada pays roughly the same % GDP as the U.K. but their GDP is way less than the U.K. so they pay less.

Japan has a sort of NHS but it only applies to those who work full time, the rest have to pay a third of the cost.

Italy pays 3% less %GDP.

Germany and France pay a bit more than us but now they both will be picking up the UK's missing £13 billion into the EU coffers we will see how much they pay.

Your point crumbles immediately on inspection yet again.

No it does not ,all of these countries other than Italy spend a higher % of GDP on health . Most are producing better results than us right now. And France and Germany, definitely are. And going back a bit higher GDP has happened most years for many years under both Tory and Labour, only Tories have not raised the percentage regardless, so that was a none starter

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2022, 04:47:48 PMCanada pays roughly the same % GDP as the U.K. but their GDP is way less than the U.K. so they pay less.
Ridiculous. Same percentage of GDP but their GDP is lower because their population is lower.

If you want to make a valid point instead of a nonsensical one, try and find the figures for spending per head in both countries.

Otherwise you are simply making pitifully obvious propaganda.

As for your point about the USA not having an NHS because it is insurance based, it is still an alternative health system often favoured by types like you but which costs a vastly greater percentage of GDP, whilst leaving millions without health cover. And you want that for us?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: Good old on September 01, 2022, 04:06:04 PM
Shows how much you actually pay attention, I have been bringing the G7 into this all along, one of my first examples was based to some degree on this very issue.
average increase spending on the NHS curtailed off from 2010. Since it's inception the average increase spend was over 4%, in the period shown the average was 1.6% this had never happened before and 1.6% was below inflation. If this had not happened the NHS would have been estimated to be £50 billion better off in that period . If you can be bothered to scroll down the BMA  information supplied it shows this clearly. Maybe if you got off your high horse you might do better , but being staunchly Tory always seems to make that hard to do, and seeing  most things as nonsense seems to come naturally.
https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/nhs-delivery-and-workforce/funding/nhs-funding-data-analysis
https://www.nhsconfed.org/news/health-leaders-warn-inflation-wiping-out-large-parts-nhs-budget
Let's look at your G7 spending shall we.

USA doesn't have an NHS, it's insurance based.

Canada pays roughly the same % GDP as the U.K. but their GDP is way less than the U.K. so they pay less.

Japan has a sort of NHS but it only applies to those who work full time, the rest have to pay a third of the cost.

Italy pays 3% less %GDP.

Germany and France pay a bit more than us but now they both will be picking up the UK's missing £13 billion into the EU coffers we will see how much they pay. 

Your point crumbles immediately on inspection yet again.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on September 01, 2022, 03:34:42 PM
Well of course they won't because it might point out they have been had and they couldn't believe being so smart that could ever happen, they do the having, so to speak.

One things for sure sheep we won't get the correct figures. But most of it it went to middle men and outright fraudsters, in some cases reportedly on friendly terms with the people signing cheques.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2022, 03:06:58 PM
Goal post move number 3, let's bring the G7 into it, even though none of them excluding the U.K. pay into the NHS.

And no, I didn't mention inflation, I didn't need to, the graph on post #44 states it is spending in REAL terms, that means inflation is factored in.

Have you actually got anything sensible to add or are you just going to keep posting nonsense?

Shows how much you actually pay attention, I have been bringing the G7 into this all along, one of my first examples was based to some degree on this very issue.
average increase spending on the NHS curtailed off from 2010. Since it's inception the average increase spend was over 4%, in the period shown the average was 1.6% this had never happened before and 1.6% was below inflation. If this had not happened the NHS would have been estimated to be £50 billion better off in that period . If you can be bothered to scroll down the BMA  information supplied it shows this clearly. Maybe if you got off your high horse you might do better , but being staunchly Tory always seems to make that hard to do, and seeing  most things as nonsense seems to come naturally.
https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/nhs-delivery-and-workforce/funding/nhs-funding-data-analysis
https://www.nhsconfed.org/news/health-leaders-warn-inflation-wiping-out-large-parts-nhs-budget

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on September 01, 2022, 01:41:24 PM
Sheep old boy , they won't want to talk about that.

Well of course they won't because it might point out they have been had and they couldn't believe being so smart that could ever happen, they do the having, so to speak.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Good old on September 01, 2022, 02:23:14 PM
So no other G7 nation had an increase in GDP ,? Really ?it's to frigging simple you better go off and tell them they are doing it wrong.  Because they didn't let that little matter curb their percentages. I see there is no mention of inflation in your accounting. The amount of pounds spent is more, the value of those pounds is not, and that could have been solved by increasing the percentage of GDP spent . Your hopes for me are as they are.  I feel there is no hope for you quiet honestly so is there more of any use to be said.?
Goal post move number 3, let's bring the G7 into it, even though none of them excluding the U.K. pay into the NHS. 

And no, I didn't mention inflation, I didn't need to, the graph on post #44 states it is spending in REAL terms, that means inflation is factored in. 

Have you actually got anything sensible to add or are you just going to keep posting nonsense?

Good old

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2022, 02:03:58 PM
That's because GDP increased faster. If you can't grasp that fact there is no hope for you.

If you spend 10% of your £1000 wage on food you spend £100 of food shopping.
If you get a 5% pay rise and increase your food shop to £102 you only spend 9.7% on food but you spent more. It's very simple.

So no other G7 nation had an increase in GDP ,? Really ?it's to frigging simple you better go off and tell them they are doing it wrong.  Because they didn't let that little matter curb their percentages. I see there is no mention of inflation in your accounting. The amount of pounds spent is more, the value of those pounds is not, and that could have been solved by increasing the percentage of GDP spent . Your hopes for me are as they are.  I feel there is no hope for you quiet honestly so is there more of any use to be said.?

Nick

Quote from: Good old on September 01, 2022, 01:46:35 PM
If only it was neat, it would be neat if  the 12 % figure  didn't obscure the fact that the percentage of GDP spending on health was down over the whole nine year period up to covid.
That's because GDP increased faster. If you can't grasp that fact there is no hope for you. 

If you spend 10% of your £1000 wage on food you spend £100 of food shopping. 
If you get a 5% pay rise and increase your food shop to £102 you only spend 9.7% on food but you spent more. It's very simple. 

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on September 01, 2022, 01:19:48 PM
Now that, was neat

:)

If only it was neat, it would be neat if  the 12 % figure  didn't obscure the fact that the percentage of GDP spending on health was down over the whole nine year period up to covid. 

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on September 01, 2022, 01:31:09 PM
Go on, I will give you another lifeline, where exactly did those billions go? exactly mind you.
Sheep old boy , they won't want to talk about that.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2022, 12:45:39 PM
So we get abusive now do we, just cause you can't prove your point.
And now you move the goalposts to spend based on %GDP.

If the real value of spend on the NHS went up but the %GDP went down, that tells us 3 things.

1. The Tories spent more on the NHS.
2. The Tories significantly increased GDP.
3. Labour couldn't run an economy if their lives depended on it.

3 FACTS so don't bother posting some out of date stat that proves black is white.

Being a time traveller you should be able to do so much more 😂
Spending went up it had to just to keep up with inflation. But it didn't keep up with inflation. So value lost.
Only Covid boosts the spending in value. 
Our spending in comparison to GDP on health has fallen in comparison with nearly every other G7nation. Obviously it matters to them , and is significant to the performance of their systems, just not ours according to you.
Labour , haven't produced the mess we are in now . I don't trust your judgement.
The data I posted is factual evidence of spending to inflation covering the first nine years of Tory rule , totally relevant to Tory treatment of NHS funding in the period and as such the basis for its present condition regardless of the the yet to be recorded  funding put in in response to Covid, or going forward ,a figure that as it will be competing with massive inflation will probably not touch the sides. 

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on September 01, 2022, 01:19:48 PM
Now that, was neat

Gerry must have dropped his calculator and someone else found it 😆 

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on September 01, 2022, 12:17:56 PMOnly Covid has stirred your pots
Go on, I will give you another lifeline, where exactly did those billions go? exactly mind you.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2022, 12:52:59 PM
So now your link has incorrect figures does it, cause that's what Borky has used.

Now that, was neat

Algerie Francais !