How about making the Queen PM?

Started by Borchester, August 30, 2022, 02:02:25 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on August 31, 2022, 08:15:59 AM
Sadistic lot ain't they? they are out to destroy her, not the first time.
She is a devious 🐄. Inviting an A list talk show host to her wedding, who'd she had never met before, with the intention of setting up a million pound interview to slag of the royal family. Hope she gets what's coming to her. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

I think it would be a better idea to make Ken Livingstone PM.  He would be the perfect antidote to Boris Johnson and it would bring things full circle neatly.  And we'd even still have unpredictable high-drama politics for the media to feed on.  This could be done in two stages - first stage to make the Queen PM and then include the immediate handover to Livingstone in the small print on the official document she signs.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

srb7677

So we make the Queen Prime Minister without any of us ever having been told what her opinions are about anything? Makes sense. If your first language is Orwellian doublespeak I suppose. Not to mention the constitutional difficulties that would ensue.

Still, there is serious talk of Rees Mogg being made minister for levelling up, an absurdity of almost comparable dimensions but one touted as being seriously considered. Are the Tories actively trying to do everything they can think of to lose the Red Wall again?

Perhaps they should promise if reelected to reintroduce the Poll Tax, slash the state pension, privatise the NHS, and start charging people market rates for using it? Maybe appoint Gary Glitter to the House of Lords as a Tory peer as an added extra?

If they really want to gift the next election to the wholly undeserving Starmer, why not go all in?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2022, 02:46:50 PM
Have you seen her latest nonsense? "Harry told me he lost his dad after the incident"............... Some time passes.............  "Erm, gulp, I was talking about my dad"

Sadistic lot ain't they? they are out to destroy her, not the first time.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 30, 2022, 04:17:08 PM
Queen as PM would be like Biden as President. They seem like OK figures to begin with until you realise they are a chilli dog from death. She couldn't even stay away for her platinum Jubilee and skipped three days of it so she could have a good nap. She's OK for a pre recorded message I guess every so often, but not for much else due to age. And Charles, Phillip, Camella, William, Anne under any kind of government capacity apart from the occasional trip to Fiji and opening of a new supermarket sends shivers down my spine. Replacing one load of Etonites with another is the definition on madness in every sense of the word.
Even worse Charlie is a very nasty piece of work. He doesn't even manage to hide it well.

Sheepy

I reckon its brilliant anyway, Hollywood royalty versus old money royalty, a fight to the death.

B0ycey

Queen as PM would be like Biden as President. They seem like OK figures to begin with until you realise they are a chilli dog from death. She couldn't even stay away for her platinum Jubilee and skipped three days of it so she could have a good nap. She's OK for a pre recorded message I guess every so often, but not for much else due to age. And Charles, Phillip, Camella, William, Anne under any kind of government capacity apart from the occasional trip to Fiji and opening of a new supermarket sends shivers down my spine. Replacing one load of Etonites with another is the definition on madness in every sense of the word.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2022, 03:50:46 PM
And apparently Camilla asking whether the boy would have a Ginger Afro, which I think is a perfectly lighthearted quip, wish I'd thought of it myself.
Charlie is squealing like a girl already; he should have thought about that when his new wife was on the sherry insulting her and as yet not born children and telling him he shouldn't marry an actress, now he has to rely on trying to belittle her even more. She is full on wild now.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 30, 2022, 03:45:36 PM
I am proud to say I haven't, indeed i haven't followed or heard about a single word.

Last i heard about her was an arsebook post featuring Prince Philip giving his grandson some relationship advice....
And apparently Camilla asking whether the boy would have a Ginger Afro, which I think is a perfectly lighthearted quip, wish I'd thought of it myself.

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 30, 2022, 03:45:36 PM
I am proud to say I haven't, indeed i haven't followed or heard about a single word.

Last i heard about her was an arsebook post featuring Prince Philip giving his grandson some relationship advice....
She is full on scorned now and if I was them, I would learn to duck.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2022, 02:46:50 PM
Have you seen her latest nonsense? "Harry told me he lost his dad after the incident"............... Some time passes.............  "Erm, gulp, I was talking about my dad"

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 30, 2022, 03:10:41 PM
Seems ok.

Once Charles is in Number 10 he will be too busy thatching the roof with organic hippies to bother the rest of us.

Whenever there is a wedding, funeral or such the royals pop down to Harrods and buy new kit. And the day afterwards they return the stuff with a charming note saying that it did not quite fit. Harrods never complains at it just goes to show that the nation's finances will be safe in Kate's hands.

There is nothing wrong with telling foreigners to F-off and Meghan can do that as well as anyone else.

Harry went through Eton and got some very sad A levels. As such he must by now realised that education continues throughout life, not just the few years most of us sit dozy in front of a blackboard.

Health - Anne. Blimey, you have something there. She would save the NHS a fortune. No one would dare to get sick with her around.

:)
What's the difference? they spend most of their time adding to or working out new ways to keep their fortunes intact, while doing the odd bit of waving for the plebs and the rest of the time stagger around drunk. Would we even notice?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on August 30, 2022, 02:16:55 PM
So this is the scenario.

Queen becomes the next PM, she hasn't got long so does the role then passes to her son? He is apparently the opposite to his Mother in almost every way. Would this give then Meghan a route to the Cabinet table? I can see it now.

PM
- The Queen then Charles
Treasury- Kate - she is quite canny with using her frocks more than once
Foreign affairs - It has to be Meghan, she seems totally suited to a life of diplomacy
Home Office - William, he cares for the disadvantaged, and might even fly a few immigrants away himself in his helicopter
Education - Harry - he might understand where it fails
Health - Anne, she will stand no nonsense from this self indulgent organisation

I guess it's a start.

Seems ok.

Once Charles is in Number 10 he will be too busy thatching the roof with organic hippies to bother the rest of us.

Whenever there is a wedding, funeral or such the royals pop down to Harrods and buy new kit. And the day afterwards they return the stuff with a charming note saying that it did not quite fit. Harrods never complains at it just goes to show that the nation's finances will be safe in Kate's hands.

There is nothing wrong with telling foreigners to F-off and Meghan can do that as well as anyone else.

Harry went through Eton and got some very sad A levels. As such he must by now realised that education continues throughout life, not just the few years most of us sit dozy in front of a blackboard.

Health - Anne. Blimey, you have something there. She would save the NHS a fortune. No one would dare to get sick with her around.

:)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on August 30, 2022, 02:16:55 PMForeign affairs - It has to be Meghan, she seems totally suited to a life of diplomacy

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on August 30, 2022, 02:02:25 PM

To be honest, I reckon most of us don't give a stuff who takes over as long as he or she leaves us alone and keeps taxes down.

Rees Mogg does not seem to want the job, so how about making the Queen PM?

Most of us just want to be left alone, which is pretty much Betty Windsor's forte. Apart from smiling and waving, she doesn't seem to do a lot. And she is as tight as a duck's bum, so there is no danger of any tax rises.

What is your opinion?
So this is the scenario. 

Queen becomes the next PM, she hasn't got long so does the role then passes to her son? He is apparently the opposite to his Mother in almost every way. Would this give then Meghan a route to the Cabinet table? I can see it now.

PM
- The Queen then Charles
Treasury- Kate - she is quite canny with using her frocks more than once
Foreign affairs - It has to be Meghan, she seems totally suited to a life of diplomacy
Home Office - William, he cares for the disadvantaged, and might even fly a few immigrants away himself in his helicopter
Education - Harry - he might understand where it fails
Health - Anne, she will stand no nonsense from this self indulgent organisation

I guess it's a start.