Boris to use farewell tour to defend record

Started by patman post, August 30, 2022, 04:16:50 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 31, 2022, 03:16:53 PMIt's you who is acting like some sort of diva. What point is there in discussions with his successors?
Insult me if it makes you feel better but it doesn't change anything. The point would be trying to find common ground on some measures to help so that something could have been implemented by now. Instead of getting paid to do nothing.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on August 31, 2022, 02:07:56 PM
Don't be so melodramatic. It is most unbecoming and unconvincing.

I have no desire to see Johnson or anyone else swing, just recognising that his time is up is good enough for me.

And if he truly has kept his word, past performance would suggest that it is probably a rather novel experience. Which in the end is what has brought his prime ministership down. Even his own MPs could stomach no more obvious lies.

Actually doing the job he is paid for whilst he is still in it would be nice. Discussion with his possible replacements to ascertain which measures they could both agree jointly to support and then announcing and implementing them would have been a more constructive use of his time.

But it seems you'll give him a free pass on almost everything.

A fairwell tour? lol

OMG he is not some kind of rock star.
It's you who is acting like some sort of diva. What point is there in discussions with his successors? Both are miles apart in their intentions. Where would that get us? He is doing the job as far as he is allowed. He didn't set the rules for these last weeks. The Gov is recessed, they are all on their hols. Boris couldn't do anything without recalling parliament anyway and I bet the MPs who have so cheerfully stabbed him in the back won't want to return. 

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on August 31, 2022, 12:25:33 PM
That's ridiculous. What do you really expect him to do when he was specifically told that he could nothing substantial ahead of the election? You have 2 potential PMs at this time both of whom have given us to understand that their plans oppose each other. For goodness sake the man has kept his word but still it's not enough for those who would prefer to see him swing.
You're behaving like a Boris groupie, fervently believing he can do no wrong!!!

When has he ever taken notice of what he's been told to do — especially if it involved him in any unglamorous effort or work — unless to ignore it would lessen his income?

That's why he's been on his self-publicising tours to Ukraine — surely you'd judge putting the UK more  front and centre into the firing line with Putin was a substantial act?

Although, I suspect, he probably looks on it more as a chance to receive the 'Order of Liberty' medal and be honoured with a Hollywood walk-of-fame style flagstone...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2022, 05:11:00 PM
Failed on Covid? 😂
Yes, failed on Covid. Johnson refused to bring in lockdown until two weeks after it would have been most effective — allowing it to rampage throughout the UK. This was despite the advice of his medical and scientific team, which was taking note of the evidence of Italian hospitals being overwhelmed by Covid victims in early 2020.

Now we're hearing from government excusers that the lockdown caused more harm than benefit, and shouldn't have happened, and all because the government was too ready to follow scientific advice.

The point is Johnson, the government, disregarded the urgency, and delayed for a crucial amount of time. Science cannot be blamed if the government refused to accept advice until too late.

And the Johnson led government also unlawfully allowed patients to be discharged from hospital into care homes at the onset of the pandemic, which resulted in many elderly and vulnerable residents dying from non-symptomatic transmission of coronavirus.

This proved claims that a "protective ring" was put in place for the most vulnerable was a lie...
https://www.itv.com/news/2022-04-27/discharging-patients-from-hospitals-to-care-homes-during-pandemic-unlawful

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2022, 02:15:12 PMBut if he decides to make a comeback I reckon that he is in with a chance.
Only if his party are stupid enough to commit political suicide by letting it happen.

Most of them loved Thatcher in her day but they never made that mistake.

When your time is done your time is done.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on August 31, 2022, 01:59:12 PM
His time is done, just as it was with Thatcher and Blair when their tenures came to an end. Putting him back in charge would be political suicide. Would the Tories seriously be that stupid? I doubt it. The man is utterly discredited.

And some kind of farewell tour for himself truly is an obvious case of perverted priorities right now.

Oh balls.

Boris is the comeback kid and has survived numerous attempts by most everybody to write him off. He might decide that writing books and giving after dinner speeches is more fun and profitable than being PM. In that case it will be goodbye Bojo and hello to whatever dreary clown is currently running the country. But if he decides to make a comeback I reckon that he is in with a chance.
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 31, 2022, 12:25:33 PM
That's ridiculous. What do you really expect him to do when he was specifically told that he could nothing substantial ahead of the election? You have 2 potential PMs at this time both of whom have given us to understand that their plans oppose each other. For goodness sake the man has kept his word but still it's not enough for those who would prefer to see him swing.
Don't be so melodramatic. It is most unbecoming and unconvincing.

I have no desire to see Johnson or anyone else swing, just recognising that his time is up is good enough for me.

And if he truly has kept his word, past performance would suggest that it is probably a rather novel experience. Which in the end is what has brought his prime ministership down. Even his own MPs could stomach no more obvious lies.

Actually doing the job he is paid for whilst he is still in it would be nice. Discussion with his possible replacements to ascertain which measures they could both agree jointly to support and then announcing and implementing them would have been a more constructive use of his time.

But it seems you'll give him a free pass on almost everything.

A fairwell tour? lol

OMG he is not some kind of rock star.

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2022, 01:03:47 PM
Stop whining.

Boris got us out of the EU, pissed away a fortune on that flu nonsense and that should be enough to excuse a couple of pints with his mates, but clearly not from you.

The point is, you don't count because you won't vote for him whatever happens. But a lot of those folk in the West Country might, so he is not on a farewell tour but on a trip to remind the troops that if Truss and Sunak screw up (which is not beyond the realms of possibility), he will be waiting in the wings.
His time is done, just as it was with Thatcher and Blair when their tenures came to an end. Putting him back in charge would be political suicide. Would the Tories seriously be that stupid? I doubt it. The man is utterly discredited.

And some kind of farewell tour for himself truly is an obvious case of perverted priorities right now. 

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on August 31, 2022, 12:13:32 PM
We have a cost of living crisis of unprecedented proportions. Inflation heading to 18 percent, interest rates rocketing, everyone getting poorer, unaffordable food and fuel bills, recession looming, and what is Spaffwaffle doing? What are his priorities? After two back to back holidays, a frigging farewell tour? Really?

What a perverted set of priorities by someone giving us the two fingered salute.

Stop whining.

Boris got us out of the EU, pissed away a fortune on that flu nonsense and that should be enough to excuse a couple of pints with his mates, but clearly not from you.

The point is, you don't count because you won't vote for him whatever happens. But a lot of those folk in the West Country might, so he is not on a farewell tour but on a trip to remind the troops that if Truss and Sunak screw up (which is not beyond the realms of possibility), he will be waiting in the wings.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on August 31, 2022, 12:13:32 PM
We have a cost of living crisis of unprecedented proportions. Inflation heading to 18 percent, interest rates rocketing, everyone getting poorer, unaffordable food and fuel bills, recession looming, and what is Spaffwaffle doing? What are his priorities? After two back to back holidays, a frigging farewell tour? Really?

What a perverted set of priorities by someone giving us the two fingered salute.

srb7677

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 30, 2022, 08:35:30 PMThe best you'll get out of me
I don't think so, I think you have a lot more to give.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 30, 2022, 08:35:30 PM
Meh.

Boris had controversies before he was PM and frankly hasn't the personality to be any good. The best you'll get out of me is that he probably did want to do better than he did and unlike Tories in general, I do think he wanted to "level up" society. But he could never read the room, could never think before he spoke, could never tell the truth, was a hypocritic and was generally considered a joke by our allies at a time we needed a serious figurehead.

Soon BoJo won't be PM and I guess then time writing about how useless he was will be pointless. He will have his supporters, especially on here who will ignore his terrible Premiership. I won't forget how bollocks he was in a hurry but he'll get a nice cushy job in NATO or the UN like Blair did and I guess he'll do fine whatever.

You know I speak the truth though and you are probably right they will line up a cushy number for him and plenty of money to keep him happy, that is how they roll. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 30, 2022, 08:20:54 PM
Say what you like about Boris, but he isn't underneath a nasty piece of work, like plenty of them are, he can be self-centered which was probably the end of him.

Meh.

Boris had controversies before he was PM and frankly hasn't the personality to be any good. The best you'll get out of me is that he probably did want to do better than he did and unlike Tories in general, I do think he wanted to "level up" society. But he could never read the room, could never think before he spoke, could never tell the truth, was a hypocritic and was generally considered a joke by our allies at a time we needed a serious figurehead.

Soon BoJo won't be PM and I guess then time writing about how useless he was will be pointless. He will have his supporters, especially on here who will ignore his terrible Premiership. I won't forget how bollocks he was in a hurry but he'll get a nice cushy job in NATO or the UN like Blair did and I guess he'll do fine whatever.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 30, 2022, 07:48:50 PM
About the only time I ever wrote something positive about Johnson was at the start of the pandemic when the UK and Sweden were on the right track before the clown bottled it. And yes, UK had the most deaths despite everything because half measures were as good as doing f**k all. Vaccinations turned out to be a waste of time as they had like 3 months immunity, couldn't handle new variants and required f**king boosters every other week. I didn't say Brexit caused his demise, I said his partying did which was him basically doing things he told everyone else not to do, he trebled the national debt, caused the beginning of inflation, locked us down a second time when it was Christmas during businesses busiest trading month, was a pussy when it came to standing up to Whitty and paraded around models that said that if we didn't all hammer the doors shut and drink holy water we all going to die by the end of the month. And don't get me started on Barnard Castle, policing BLM compared to Everard, masks, 2 meters whilst being to meet up at work without any of these things. Johnson behind the wheel was a f**king F. Would Starmer have been any better? Probably not but we will never know. Either way if anyone thinks Johnson had a good Covid response they need locking up in the asylum.

Say what you like about Boris, but he isn't underneath a nasty piece of work, like plenty of them are, he can be self-centered which was probably the end of him.