Can somebody explain

Started by cromwell, August 30, 2022, 07:24:21 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 31, 2022, 02:16:53 PM
So you think them snivelling and can't answer why Maggies sell off was and is a disaster.

I am terribly sorry Ollie, I keep forgetting that thinking is not your strong point.

I think think that one of the reasons the poor are poor is that instead of doing some something about being poor they prefer to snivel.

How the Divine Margaret comes into this I do not know, but you are a good lad and I will excuse your tendency to allow your thoughts to wander
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2022, 11:56:49 AM
I don't object to supporting the poor and the sick, I just object to feeling sorry for the sniveling bastards.
So you think them snivelling and can't answer why Maggies sell off was and is a disaster.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on August 30, 2022, 07:47:54 PM
Who objects to supporting the genuinely poor or sick?

I don't object to supporting the poor and the sick, I just object to feeling sorry for the sniveling bastards.
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quite a lot of people actually if their convenient default assumption is that most of them are not genuine. Even if they are.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Baff on August 31, 2022, 03:45:35 AM
There are objections to both.

For myself if a company needs a bail out and that can save a company, no problem.
If the company provides critical infrastructure. Gas, oil, healthcare, weapons... Losing it may cost more than the price of keeping it going.

But as a general rule I do not trust the government to be able to save a failing company any more than I trust them to deliver my money to poor people or use it to turn around their lives.
And that doesn't answer the question at all.

I"ll make it clearer they aren't supplying an essential at all they are middlemen,so before Saint Maggies sell (rip) off you got your electricity or gas from you regional board a bill at the end of each quarter and rates per unit were the same across the board people on low incomes didn't pay a different higher rate.

So post sell off we were told this would bring benefits which amounted to a plethora of middle men companies who took direct debits and used your accounts as their own and some with abysmal customer services uncontactable and lied to customers regarding smart meters and their payments.

Some disappeared with millions of customers money in credit,a few questions why since there was a regulator were  they allowed to do that? Why are we made to pay for this in increased standing charges on meters,I paid a thousand pounds for gas to be installed which included the meter,effectively it's mine so why do I have to pay for it to stand there.

The standing charge per day to pay for this debacle has increased more on the electric meters because everyone has electric don't they along with the billions on smart meters that soon failed or many did not want.

So taking all this in to account anyone defend/extol the virtues of privatisation which are often owned by foreign/govt owned companies over the previously publicly owned for consumers,I won't hold my breath.

Baff

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2022, 07:24:21 PM
Why there are objections for supporting the poorest people in society yet we the public are expected to pay for failed badly run companies?

There are objections to both.

For myself if a company needs a bail out and that can save a company, no problem.
If the company provides critical infrastructure. Gas, oil, healthcare, weapons... Losing it may cost more than the price of keeping it going.

But as a general rule I do not trust the government to be able to save a failing company any more than I trust them to deliver my money to poor people or use it to turn around their lives. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2022, 07:46:53 PM
If badly run companies go bump hundreds potentially lose their jobs.
The government helped everyone out with 80% furloughs during Covid. What happened? The minute furlough was over, people went back to work and 100% wages you all starting screaming Triple Lock and wanted your pensions to go up 20%. Madness
Please explain why a middle man energy companies failure is being paid for by everyone else  and to add insult to injury octopus will take it on if the govt gives them a massive bung well when I say govt I mean us.
That depends on the decision made on who is genuine.

T00ts

Why there are objections for supporting the poorest people in society yet we the public are expected to pay for failed badly run companies?

Nick

If badly run companies go bump hundreds potentially lose their jobs. 
The government helped everyone out with 80% furloughs during Covid. What happened? The minute furlough was over, people went back to work and 100% wages you all starting screaming Triple Lock and wanted your pensions to go up 20%. Madness 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell