Pfizer Vaccine No Longer Considered Safe For Pregnant Women

Started by Scott777, August 31, 2022, 09:12:59 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 01, 2022, 06:22:25 AM
There may be many who had poor experiances of the vaccine but on balance which is the important thing it has helped combat covid more than it has hurt us as a population

That's not the important thing.  Why would you lump together elderly people with children?  Why would you give it to kids, just because it might combat Covid for the elderly?  There is no reason to apply a blanket solution.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 01, 2022, 06:22:25 AM
I would imagine the balance of catching covid and possible side effects has now come down in favour of not taking this vaccine . They haven't said its not safe ,they are saying they don't have enough data to approve it for pregnant women .

Having said that I wouldn't take any Pfizer vaccine after the last one sent my immune system haywire

I don't agree with all of that, but I'll take what I can.  Anyone saying it was better not to take it, 2 years ago, was ridiculed.  I did say it could harm your immune system at the very start.  That was from people like Prof. Dolores Cahill (she's just a far right conspiracy theorist, who ran a high level security lab for years at the Max Planck Institute  😉). 

The thing about calling it not safe (for pregnant women): if they don't know it's safe, and there is a known potential for serious side effects, then it is by definition not safe.  For example, if your friend has a box, and the box is moving, and he says there's an animal inside, it's either a pet hamster, or an angry rattle snake - if you don't have enough information to know which one it is, then would it be safe to put your hand in the box?  Being "not safe" is not the same as being "harmful".  It's the lack of knowing that makes it unsafe.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

I would imagine the balance of catching covid and possible side effects has now come down in favour of not taking this vaccine . They haven't said its not safe ,they are saying they don't have enough data to approve it for pregnant women .

Having said that I wouldn't take any Pfizer vaccine after the last one sent my immune system haywire . There may be many who had poor experiances of the vaccine but on balance which is the important thing it has helped combat covid more than it has hurt us as a population 

Scott777

Government now say pregnant women should not be vaccinated due to it not being safe, based on insufficient safety data.  That's only now, after it was considered safe for them throughout the rollout.  Presumably everyone can see that the reason is nonsense.  If there is not enough safety data now, then there cannot have been safety data before, and yet they were approved for pregnant women.

Maybe the deniers can explain what has changed to now decide it is not safe.  Maybe they can also explain how the blanket mantra "safe and effective" can be reconciled with this new decision.  And finally, if the safety status for pregnant women can change, then maybe the deniers can explain why it cannot change for everyone else.  That would be nice.

"it is considered that sufficient reassurance of safe use of the vaccine in pregnant women cannot be provided at the present time"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-for-covid-19/summary-public-assessment-report-for-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine