So it's Truss

Started by T00ts, September 05, 2022, 02:10:51 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on September 06, 2022, 10:48:09 AM
Easily said but do you know that for sure? It's just unkind and another chance to diminish someone.

That's a bit rich, when your post ,indicated that being a Lib- Dem with her views is a mistake, and that somehow becoming a Tory was because she grew up, unlike many others. We know very little for sure Toots , but that sounds very much as becoming a Tory probably means unlike others you have grown up. Someone gets diminished there don't you think?

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on September 06, 2022, 10:04:42 AM
We all make mistakes when young I don't see why that should be held against anyone particularly as she has seen the error of her ways - the problem is so many never grow up! :P

Error of her ways?

About the only time she spoke sense. But in any case she is a Weathercock. She sides on wherever the wind blows. 

At the time she was a Lib Dem and in those days you have to be anti monarchy. When Cameron was PM you had to be a remainer and when Johnson got in power you had to be a Leaver. And it got her the top job. So I guess it worked. But it isn't maturity. It is having a degree in brownoseship.

patman post

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 05, 2022, 09:02:54 PM
Liz Truss will be our new iron lady and I couldn't be happier.

It's time to take the fight to the EU.

Union Flag
Is Joe Lycett posting on here now...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Someone want to let me know what's going on, I haven't a clue, been flying and this doesn't help. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 06, 2022, 10:48:09 AM
Easily said but do you know that for sure? It's just unkind and another chance to diminish someone.
Sure Toots, but like I was saying weeks ago, what time does the borrowing start in earnest? as that is what the Westminster party do. The only difference is how they cover it with their own particular brand of voter. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on September 06, 2022, 10:23:29 AM
If only I had known that to grow up , I needed to be a Tory.  Don't know about grow up , she knows when to change direction if it helps her serve her ambition.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on September 06, 2022, 10:23:29 AM
If only I had known that to grow up , I needed to be a Tory.  Don't know about grow up , she knows when to change direction if it helps her serve her ambition.
LOL well she is the face of the Westminster party now, so I guess we will be having another round of pure pantomime. 

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on September 06, 2022, 10:04:42 AM
We all make mistakes when young I don't see why that should be held against anyone particularly as she has seen the error of her ways - the problem is so many never grow up! 
If only I had known that to grow up , I needed to be a Tory.  Don't know about grow up , she knows when to change direction if it helps her serve her ambition.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 06, 2022, 08:54:49 AM
Well if I was monarch I'd have my iPad on the table full volume as she arrives to be asked to be pm playing this. :D

https://youtu.be/2qfg1AQnWIM
We all make mistakes when young I don't see why that should be held against anyone particularly as she has seen the error of her ways - the problem is so many never grow up! :P

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on September 06, 2022, 08:54:49 AM
Well if I was monarch I'd have my iPad on the table full volume as she arrives to be asked to be pm playing this. :D

I doubt they are bothered; Charlie will call the British people names behind our back and give one of his globalist speeches which he will be crowned King of the world. Unless of course somebody comes along and steals his thunder.

cromwell

Well if I was monarch I'd have my iPad on the table full volume as she arrives to be asked to be pm playing this. :D

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2022, 07:32:13 PM
So is anyone prepared to give her a chance to see what she can do? 
Yes ,she starts with a clean slate 
Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2022, 07:32:13 PMYou wanted Boris out
No 'we' diddn't
Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2022, 07:32:13 PMMay was a waste of space
No argument there
Sunak was questionable to many
Wrong timing ,he went to soon and ran out of gas . 
All anyone ever does is moan. You are all like a really bad hair day.  Ungovernable!
Thats because we are old people , we like moaning ;)

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 05, 2022, 07:42:51 PM
I told you before T00ts, her policies are bollocks. You don't even need an ounce of sense to know giving rich people a tax cut right now when you are considering huge borrowing will be a mistake. It is also a mistake to rule out a windfall tax. An attitude like Thatcher globally will go down like a lead balloon and I can foresee friction within Europe especially in regards to the Irish protocol. I don't need a hurricane to blow over to know it will cause havoc and be a disaster like I know I don't need Truss in Downing Street to know she'll be a disaster also. She will have two years tops given she is Johnson without the charisma and as it happened May wasn't too bad for a Tory, it was her back benchers that were the problem. May was at least respectable, I doubt Truss will be.

Not like the EU would try and steal the narrative though, I wonder if Vlad has worked out yet why we did our best to leave the EU?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/we-face-many-challenges-together-world-leaders-react-to-liz-truss-victory/ar-AA11ujGt?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1f1eb651d9904e9ead44e90c9e409ac8

Sheepy

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 05, 2022, 09:02:54 PM

Union Flag

Well, all good then hallowed, we will soon hear your orders from Downing Street. 

HallowedBrexit

Union Flag