So it's Truss

Started by T00ts, September 05, 2022, 02:10:51 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Well it seems Truss had a good first day. Parliament rocked as she routed Starmer at PMQs and she was neat, tidy and business like and clear in her answers. By all accounts making Labour look dowdy and fusty. More than that she has told No10 to get their act together, find their ties and dress in a business like manner. No more open neck shirts and general dishevelment. A good start. Now she needs to have a very hard look at the Civil Servants who are apparently thwarting Government policies. It is important for all MPs to know that their backroom boys are servants to us the electorate not their own ideals.

Oh yes - I can hear the detractors carping that looks mean nothing but looks are first impressions and you only get one of those. 

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2022, 08:24:10 AM
Because they become better off and associate with, work alongside, and live amongst other better off people and tend to absorb their self-interested outloooks. They also know what is good for themselves financially and this subverts any more youthful ideals they might once have espoused.

Someone whose ideals are not in their own best interests is far more likely to be putting their ideals first and self interest second than someone whose supposed ideals change to reflect their self interest. And it is often the latter that explains why some move to the right with age. Me, me, me is after all far more readily identified with right wingers than left, who tend more often to espouse the common good.
Well personally being a populist our need is people learning to think for themselves which is actually the last thing the whole system wants; in fact they spend most of their time trying to destroy it.
So I take it as a victory when people say you are ungovernable. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2022, 08:24:10 AM
Because they become better off and associate with, work alongside, and live amongst other better off people and tend to absorb their self-interested outloooks. They also know what is good for themselves financially and this subverts any more youthful ideals they might once have espoused.

Someone whose ideals are not in their own best interests is far more likely to be putting their ideals first and self interest second than someone whose supposed ideals change to reflect their self interest. And it is often the latter that explains why some move to the right with age. Me, me, me is after all far more readily identified with right wingers than left, who tend more often to espouse the common good.
I regret how the mutuals were sold off and they're still trying it today with the few left over,profit is not a dirty word if it's earned legally and dues paid.

I don't know why the mutual idea and cooperatives can't be updated.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on September 06, 2022, 02:12:33 PM
But it is true that many who are persuaded when young to left leaning and Libdems are - find that life's experiences allow them to change their view.  :)

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 07, 2022, 04:38:49 AM
The membership  have voted for the wrong person ,the Westminster party wanted Sunak  so  how long before the vote of no confidence ?

The place is a complete madhouse anyway, they all have exactly the same plan Labour, Conservative and Lib Dems yet are trying to tell the faithful they don't. When we told them months ago, they would borrow and debt just worded for the faithful. 

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on September 06, 2022, 04:22:50 PM
I suspect that Boris will live very happily outside No 10 and before long there will be a further incarnation of him with a much larger payoff and less stress.
Probably. A lucrative career combining speaking tours and being a columnist and political commentator probably, possibly the odd directorship too perhaps.

But at least he won't be running the country, so thank heavens for that mercy.

Not sure Truss is really any better though but time will tell on that one.

It seems to me right now that the party is engaged in the long term process of gifting the next election to Starmer, least deserving Labour leader since at least as far back as Blair.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on September 06, 2022, 10:39:30 AM
LOL well she is the face of the Westminster party now, so I guess we will be having another round of pure pantomime.
The membership  have voted for the wrong person ,the Westminster party wanted Sunak  so  how long before the vote of no confidence ?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on September 06, 2022, 12:13:47 PM
Someone want to let me know what's going on, I haven't a clue, been flying and this doesn't help.

Something to do with Mbapp'e having confidence that Pogba was telling the truth that he didn't set the witch doctors on him

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 06, 2022, 01:41:02 PM
Kind of. She however is a bit more of a coat turner than most given her record. But we have her and I guess we have to hope she doesn't bankrupt the nation too much with her weathercock behaviour. Two more years and we can have Labour.

Anyway Borky, you owe me a score.

You haven't told us the difference in plans yet they are all borrow and debt.

B0ycey

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 06, 2022, 04:20:47 PM
It should be noted that Liz Truss is mainly there to pave the way for the return of Boris Johnson.

Then Brexit will be vindicated. Union Flag
Pave the way for Johnsons return?? She is replacing him. He could have just stayed on without the circus. He certainly was clinging on as much as he could. Besides, I thought you Brexiteer keep saying Brexit hasn't been achieved. Is the idea of keeping the clown who didn't deliver vindication to you?

T00ts

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 06, 2022, 04:20:47 PM
It should be noted that Liz Truss is mainly there to pave the way for the return of Boris Johnson.

Then Brexit will be vindicated. Union Flag
I suspect that Boris will live very happily outside No 10 and before long there will be a further incarnation of him with a much larger payoff and less stress.

HallowedBrexit

Then Brexit will be vindicated. Union Flag

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on September 06, 2022, 01:30:41 PM
That's a bit rich, when your post ,indicated that being a Lib- Dem with her views is a mistake, and that somehow becoming a Tory was because she grew up, unlike many others. We know very little for sure Toots , but that sounds very much as becoming a Tory probably means unlike others you have grown up. Someone gets diminished there don't you think?
You are right and I apologise. But it is true that many who are persuaded when young to left leaning and Libdems are - find that life's experiences allow them to change their view.  :)

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on September 06, 2022, 01:36:27 PM
You mean she is a politician?

And she has realised that power lies with the Tory grass roots, which doesn't like taxes or the EU, which makes her a good PM until another one turns up.
Kind of. She however is a bit more of a coat turner than most given her record. But we have her and I guess we have to hope she doesn't bankrupt the nation too much with her weathercock behaviour. Two more years and we can have Labour.

Anyway Borky, you owe me a score.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on September 06, 2022, 01:25:51 PM
Error of her ways?

About the only time she spoke sense. But in any case she is a Weathercock. She sides on wherever the wind blows.

You mean she is a politician?

And she has realised that power lies with the Tory grass roots, which doesn't like taxes or the EU, which makes her a good PM until another one turns up.
Algerie Francais !