So in honour of the new PM, how about a public holiday

Started by Borchester, September 05, 2022, 09:19:00 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2022, 10:05:42 AM
How about giving Truss the knees up she deserves then?

We'll all nip round to Downing Street bringing our own bottles and cans, get shitfaced, draw spectacles on the portrait of Boris Johnson and a toothbrush moustache on John Major's, pee all over the rose bushes in the back garden, and throw up in the corner of the cabinet room.  All whilst partying to the dulcet tones of Money for Nothing by Dire Straits.

Sounds good and the sort of thing Boris would enjoy, so don't forget to invite him :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2022, 10:05:42 AM

We'll all nip round to Downing Street bringing our own bottles and cans, get shitfaced, draw spectacles on the portrait of Boris Johnson and a toothbrush moustache on John Major's, pee all over the rose bushes in the back garden, and throw up in the corner of the cabinet room.  All whilst partying to the dulcet tones of Money for Nothing by Dire Straits.
;D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 05, 2022, 09:57:30 PM
Christ Steve, you could do dreary bastard for Britain.

Ok, how about we all have a few days off, oxen roasted in the street, music, dancing, a few bob for the oldies and presents for kiddies and fireworks and bonfires and such for everyone except Steve.

He can do the cleaning up

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on September 05, 2022, 11:08:23 PM
Oh God. Another bundle of leftie laughs.

Tell you what, how about a holiday and a party for every one except you, Good Old and Steve?

There might be something said  for going down the drain laughing. You say it that's all.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on September 05, 2022, 11:08:23 PM

Tell you what, how about a holiday and a party for every one except you, Good Old and Steve?
Stuff your Bank Holiday. 8)
Its a day off work most self employed people can do without . Its not that we want to work more than three days a week but we want to work on days that suit us , play golf when the rest of you are at work ,have a beer without druken hoards six deep at the bar and pushchairs tripping us up on the way to the bogs .

No not for me Borky , I'll take my days off when it suits me ,  Im open to an invite to the party though , I'll check my dairy;D when it arrives . 

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 05, 2022, 10:35:42 PM
There's talk already of a four day week so what's to celebrate with a holiday.

I don't see her as the second coming though to be fair this is a decades cross party problem.

What sort of dimwits sold off the North Sea assets to the private sector,have steadily shut all gas storage till we have none,neglected to ensure energy security in any other sector that would be and of course is criminal negligence.

No there's many at fault from thatcher onwards,all arrogant tossers whose first consideration should've have been the people and country,sadly they weren't.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on September 05, 2022, 10:00:15 PM
More than a few days off work is going to be the case if her and her government don't get right on top of the energy crisis . The effect this is going to have on businesses seems to be being played lower key than on private users. Disposable income is going to go down, drastically for many, that has to have repercussions for business, but extortionate energy costs for those businesses will threaten their existence, in turn if they employ jobs go,in turn crisis gets worse, less and less money about.  A few hundred quid every now and again won't stop this happening, only a massive investment to takeover and completely alter the energy set up will do. We will see but she doesn't appear to be anywhere near doing that.
There's talk already of a four day week so what's to celebrate with a holiday.

I don't see her as the second coming though to be fair this is a decades cross party problem.

What sort of dimwits sold off the North Sea assets to the private sector,have steadily shut all gas storage till we have none,neglected to ensure energy security in any other sector that would be and of course is criminal negligence.

No there's many at fault from thatcher onwards,all arrogant tossers whose first consideration should've have been the people and country,sadly they weren't.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on September 05, 2022, 09:19:00 PM
and a few days off work?

Or in my case, since I am retired, a handsome wedge of cash?

To be honest, this new lass seems a bit dour and not everyone's cup of tea, but that is no reason not to have a bit of a knees up, oxen roasting in the streets and folk getting shitfaced, falling down the stairs into puddles of their own vomit and thinking, carrots, I don't eat bloody carrots.

So, how does everyone feel?

More than a few days off work is going to be the case if her and her government don't get right on top of the energy crisis . The effect this is going to have on businesses seems to be being played lower key than on private users. Disposable income is going to go down, drastically for many, that has to have repercussions for business, but extortionate energy costs for those businesses will threaten their existence, in turn if they employ jobs go,in turn crisis gets worse, less and less money about.  A few hundred quid every now and again won't stop this happening, only a massive investment to takeover and completely alter the energy set up will do. We will see but she doesn't appear to be anywhere near doing that. 

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 05, 2022, 09:27:08 PM
Whilst every working person would welcome another paid day off, it is an added cost that businesses could do without right now.

And we could do with a better cause than Truss.

Christ Steve, you could do dreary bastard for Britain.

Ok, how about we all have a few days off, oxen roasted in the street, music, dancing, a few bob for the oldies and presents for kiddies and fireworks and bonfires and such for everyone except Steve.

He can do the cleaning up
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 05, 2022, 09:19:00 PM
and a few days off work?

To be honest, this new lass seems a bit dour and not everyone's cup of tea, but that is no reason not to have a bit of a knees up, oxen roasting in the streets and folk getting shitfaced, falling down the stairs into puddles of their own vomit and thinking, carrots, I don't eat bloody carrots.

Whilst every working person would welcome another paid day off, it is an added cost that businesses could do without right now.

And we could do with a better cause than Truss.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

and a few days off work?

Algerie Francais !