Main Menu

The Nordic model?

Started by Sheepy, September 10, 2022, 07:38:39 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 12, 2022, 12:47:56 PM
Immigration is not intrinsic to the nordic or any other model but is an independent political issue experienced by most countries.

Funny, when it goes bottom up, it was nothing wrong in the ideology. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Immigration is not intrinsic to the nordic or any other model but is an independent political issue experienced by most countries. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 12, 2022, 09:12:48 AM
Nick, it is the rich who encouraged the illegals to come by hiring them in the first place. Trump Towers was built by illegal migrants. The only reason we have sanctuary cities is because there was such an extent of illegal hiring that spanned decades that it was impossible to deport so many working people without collapsing local economies and that maybe it was time to get them on the tax register. Migrants crossing the border was largely ignored until Trump got in power because those who benefited from it were also huge donors to both parties. If you were going to arrest the true culprits of illegal migrants you wouldn't be going to the traffickers but the top 1% in America. Marx covered it to some extent where capitalism actually requires migration given a high labor force drives down wages. And boy did the capitalists jump on that.

Which just encouraged even more, so I guess you are up against the wall on this one Boycey and its all the fault of the evil capitalists who took advantage of your weak political psychology. When it seems to me you are all backing the same horse. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2022, 08:21:56 AM
The US has tried everything to stop illegal aliens from working in the black economy, how you think they encourage it I don't know. I believe Obama had an amnesty for all illegals allowing them to come out of hiding? He wanted them to enter the tax system.
Nick, it is the rich who encouraged the illegals to come by hiring them in the first place. Trump Towers was built by illegal migrants. The only reason we have sanctuary cities is because there was such an extent of illegal hiring that spanned decades that it was impossible to deport so many working people without collapsing local economies and that maybe it was time to get them on the tax register. Migrants crossing the border was largely ignored until Trump got in power because those who benefited from it were also huge donors to both parties. If you were going to arrest the true culprits of illegal migrants you wouldn't be going to the traffickers but the top 1% in America. Marx covered it to some extent where capitalism actually requires migration given a high labor force drives down wages. And boy did the capitalists jump on that.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:13:58 PM
By my logic I am telling you they aren't related. No bigger Capitalistic nation than the US who until recently were more than happy to allow all the Mexicans to work for cheap labor undercutting the working classes and having Poles build their towers. And the UK or course also have border problems despite their tax cuts. Why? Because open borders is a political policy not an economic one.
The US has tried everything to stop illegal aliens from working in the black economy, how you think they encourage it I don't know. I believe Obama had an amnesty for all illegals allowing them to come out of hiding? He wanted them to enter the tax system. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:36:07 PM
Well then you're wrong given one is a political policy and the other is an economic model then. I won't repeat or respond again.

I very much doubt it, when it is written in black and white for you. Anyway, enough of your squirming for a while, I don't much care about your beliefs as long as you see where you went wrong.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 11, 2022, 12:31:17 PM
I just pointed out they are directly related by the failing Nordic model.

Well then you're wrong given one is a political policy and the other is an economic model then. I won't repeat or respond again.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:27:26 PM
Well, I told you they aren't related. One is a political policy and the other is an economic model. I guess that is why I wasn't interested the first time you posted the article given even free market capitalism is suffering from political turmoil as of late.
I just pointed out they are directly related by the failing Nordic model. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 11, 2022, 12:17:46 PM
But you are missing my original point, that you in your haste of political ideology missed all the things that would bring it down, now you put the blame where you like, but I say your political ideology is poorly thought out and you cannot admit why it is failing.

Well, I told you they aren't related. One is a political policy and the other is an economic model. I guess that is why I wasn't interested the first time you posted the article given even free market capitalism is suffering from political turmoil as of late.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:13:58 PM
By my logic I am telling you they aren't related. No bigger Capitalistic nation than the US who until recently were more than happy to allow all the Mexicans to work for cheap labor undercutting the working classes and having Poles build their towers. And the UK or course also have border problems despite their tax cuts. Why? Because open borders is a political policy not an economic one.

But you are missing my original point, that you in your haste of political ideology missed all the things that would bring it down, now you put the blame where you like, but I say your political ideology is poorly thought out and you cannot admit why it is failing.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 11, 2022, 11:42:10 AM
So, by your logic you are all bankers as well as you have strongly supported it, I did say bankers.
LOL why does Guido keep turning up? not like he is part of a populist movement, is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 11:35:15 AM
Open borders is a political policy and not an economic one Sheepy. Perhaps we should blame the bankers for the channel boat crossing under your logic.
So, by your logic you are all bankers as well as you have strongly supported it, I did say bankers.
LOL why does Guido keep turning up? not like he is part of a populist movement, is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 11, 2022, 08:38:12 AM
A stab in the dark, but I guess they don't want to talk about it because we have told them all along open borders and mass immigration especially of the illegal kind would be their downfall.

Open borders is a political policy and not an economic one Sheepy. Perhaps we should blame the bankers for the channel boat crossing under your logic.

Sheepy

Quote from: Sheepy on September 10, 2022, 07:38:39 PM
Surge in gang violence threatens to unseat Sweden's Left-wing government (msn.com)
After hearing many of our left-wing posters telling us of its great advantages, it seems they have missed a few things.

A stab in the dark, but I guess they don't want to talk about it because we have told them all along open borders and mass immigration especially of the illegal kind would be their downfall.

Sheepy

Surge in gang violence threatens to unseat Sweden's Left-wing government (msn.com)
After hearing many of our left-wing posters telling us of its great advantages, it seems they have missed a few things.