Corbyn refused

Started by T00ts, September 11, 2022, 08:58:59 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on September 12, 2022, 09:23:29 AM
Corbyn has become an irrelevance. I'm sure the Royal Family will persist without his support or respect.
In essence I agree. Like all former leaders he is essentially yesterday's man. 

What difference would it make whether he attends or not? And why should anyone even care either way? Unless a cheap attempt to score political points one way or another.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Corbyn has become an irrelevance. I'm sure the Royal Family will persist without his support or respect.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:50:10 PMdespite the system needing changing, I do support democracy in principle given I support majority rule.
I agree with you.

The problem with FPTP is that it is rarely majority rule. It tends to be minority rule, with single parties having sometimes large majorities with the support of only a minority of the electorate. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 11, 2022, 09:49:12 AM
I didn't like nor vote for Corbin  but he is entitled to his views and let's face it he's never hidden them.

Considering this which I posted in another thread Truss is a hypocrite

Anybody want to execute her?

Truss isn't a hypocrite, just a politician.

And Corbyn's problem is not that he is for or against the monarchy, but that he loves being in opposition, which is fine if you are 13 years old, but not so good if you are trying to run the railroad.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:50:10 PM
In one sense I agree with you Sheepy. It is certainly true in the sense we had less than 50% of the electorate who voted Tories with a majority voting the Remain parties meaning the majority didn't get their wish in the last election. FPTP is in my opinion is very anti Democratic and the fact we don't have electoral representation is a scandal in democracy given some votes are worth more than others. But even so, despite the system needing changing, I do support democracy in principle given I support majority rule.
Still trying that old Chesnut then, but you forgot to mention those who didn't turn out for the Westminster party but that the referendum had a massive turnout, now they are not turning out for any of them in any numbers. Straight back to hiding behind politicians, we are doing something about that.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 11, 2022, 12:40:28 PM
But then Boycey you are kind of I want my cake and eat it type of person. Democracy in its true form doesn't work like that. we already know we don't have a democracy in any real sense of the word. It is governed by globalist idealists and greed.

In one sense I agree with you Sheepy. It is certainly true in the sense we had less than 50% of the electorate who voted Tories with a majority voting the Remain parties meaning the majority didn't get their wish in the last election. FPTP is in my opinion is very anti Democratic and the fact we don't have electoral representation is a scandal in democracy given some votes are worth more than others. But even so, despite the system needing changing, I do support democracy in principle given I support majority rule.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:33:41 PM
I would have accepted May's deal the same way I have accepted Johnsons. I think May's deal would have been better for the UK given it would have sorted out the Irish border issue but the Brexiteers kept on voting it down.

As for complaining about Brexit, I don't really write about it anymore. Those who keep saying Brexit hasn't been fulfilled are Brexiteers on this forum.

But then Boycey you are kind of I want my cake and eat it type of person. Democracy in its true form doesn't work like that. we already know we don't have a democracy in any real sense of the word. It is governed by globalist idealists and greed. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 11, 2022, 12:26:45 PM
Which you decided you wouldn't accept, so don't moan when politician's feck it up on purpose, when you had every chance to get behind direct democracy.

I would have accepted May's deal the same way I have accepted Johnsons. I think May's deal would have been better for the UK given it would have sorted out the Irish border issue but the Brexiteers kept on voting it down.

As for complaining about Brexit, I don't really write about it anymore. Those who keep saying Brexit hasn't been fulfilled are Brexiteers on this forum.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:20:06 PM
The UK has representation democracy and not direct democracy. The referendum caused what was known as a paradox when two democracies contradicted each other. It was the Brexiteers who were anti Democratic anyway given there was no manifesto on what Brexit entailed. There was poor May trying to get her deal through parliament and Brexiteers kept voting it down.
Which you decided you wouldn't accept, so don't moan when politician's feck it up on purpose, when you had every chance to get behind direct democracy.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 11, 2022, 12:06:12 PM
But then, when we set out to change that, you went off your nuts because you lost, then went back to hiding behind politicians.

The UK has representation democracy and not direct democracy. The referendum caused what was known as a paradox when two democracies contradicted each other. It was the Brexiteers who were anti Democratic anyway given there was no manifesto on what Brexit entailed. There was poor May trying to get her deal through parliament and Brexiteers kept voting it down.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 11, 2022, 12:02:21 PM
The day the lady spoke sense Cromwell. The UK is the most undemocratic Democracy there ever is and I only wish she spoke about the House of Lords who are even worse than monarchy given they actually have power to change the elective representations will.

But then, when we set out to change that, you went off your nuts because you lost, then went back to hiding behind politicians. 

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 11, 2022, 09:49:12 AM
I didn't like nor vote for Corbin  but he is entitled to his views and let's face it he's never hidden them.

Considering this which I posted in another thread Truss is a hypocrite

https://youtu.be/9QznBVLHQSQ

Anybody want to execute her?
The day the lady spoke sense Cromwell. The UK is the most undemocratic Democracy there ever is and I only wish she spoke about the House of Lords who are even worse than monarchy given they actually have power to change the elective representations will.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 11, 2022, 11:43:44 AM
The other and quite separate thing I would say is unlike several labour prime ministers, Corbyn, like Tony Benn, actually set his stall out for all to see.

Much of what he stood for is in my view worthy of nothing more than one of my rapier missiles straight up the arse, but I do not believe he ever tried to hide those opinions, and for that, and that alone, I hold him in greater esteem than a few hundred others.
Exactly
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

The other and quite separate thing I would say is unlike several labour prime ministers, Corbyn, like Tony Benn, actually set his stall out for all to see.

Much of what he stood for is in my view worthy of nothing more than one of my rapier missiles straight up the arse, but I do not believe he ever tried to hide those opinions, and for that, and that alone, I hold him in greater esteem than a few hundred others.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on September 11, 2022, 08:58:59 AM
Apparently Corbyn would have automatically been invited yesterday to Charles' accession ceremony but turned down the invitation and goes to prove why he was not worthy to lead this country. The Queen's death has proved once again what the majority feel about the Monarchy. Thousands are expected to line the route today as her coffin starts its journey and I have no doubt that thousands and possibly millions will continue to turn out to see this final journey right up to her funeral next week.

Politicians of all colours were represented and showed their respect for a lady who served her whole life. Corbyn owed her that little bit of respect simply because of the position he held. It makes me wonder how he could possibly have run No 10 and fortunately even the Red Wall could see that and voted accordingly giving the Conservatives the biggest majority. We all dodged a bullet in that election.

Hang on, the guy did the totally right thing. He kept his mouth shut and stayed away like he should have. He could have done a Trevor Sinclair and promoted the Republic movement given there is a significant number of people out there who really don't give a shit. The numbers lining the streets don't even match those who marched for BLM and the TV audience right now has hit the cliff edge. I would say there are more people right now who are saying the right things and all, but that doesn't mean they are mourning. More like they are planning what to do on their day off next Monday.