Bring back Smurf and Thomas

Started by srb7677, September 12, 2022, 06:54:39 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Mod Notice 

As Nick said not up for further discussion so three posts unapproved,people commenting without being in possession of all the facts.
Thread closed.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

It's important to understand the seriousness of Thomas' actions that caused his ban. @Nick as the owner and therefore with the final say on all Forum decisions has already stated that it is non-negotiable and that should end the discussion.

srb7677

Quote from: B0ycey on September 12, 2022, 02:06:10 PM
A windfall tax is just as easy as any other tax and there doesn't need to be any loopholes like building wind farms or decommissioning rigs to cut the amount owed. North Sea Oil declare their own profits and as such it is VERY easy to work out what is owed. The funny thing is Borky, you might believe your own excuse but even the Torys don't share it because they would know it is bollocks. The Torys official reason for not executing a windfall tax is because it would deter investment on the North Sea. The only problem with that, BP have already said with or without a windfall tax they will invest in the North Sea. It is clear why they don't want to do a windfall tax now if you must know. They plan on doing it in two years time when the general election is right around the corner and they don't want to be seen acknowledging that Labour have a better handle on the economy to them.
It is worth noting here that in her leadership election campaign, Truss received a 100k donation from the wife of a Shell oil executive.

Looks to me like she was paid not to introduce any windfall tax.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2022, 01:42:20 PM
I think a windfall tax is bad because I think that it is hard to collect, easy to avoid and just another example of leftwing spite.

But I suppose I have just been brainwashed by Tory rhetoric. Thank God I have boysie to think for me :)

A windfall tax is just as easy as any other tax and there doesn't need to be any loopholes like building wind farms or decommissioning rigs to cut the amount owed. North Sea Oil declare their own profits and as such it is VERY easy to work out what is owed. The funny thing is Borky, you might believe your own excuse but even the Torys don't share it because they would know it is bollocks. The Torys official reason for not executing a windfall tax is because it would deter investment on the North Sea. The only problem with that, BP have already said with or without a windfall tax they will invest in the North Sea. It is clear why they don't want to do a windfall tax now if you must know. They plan on doing it in two years time when the general election is right around the corner and they don't want to be seen acknowledging that Labour have a better handle on the economy to them.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on September 12, 2022, 01:04:54 PM
Well you write one point at a time Steve. Tories are so full of holes you are never short of content. Pappy knew to keep his points short and everyone understood what he was saying. It's like the windfall tax. Lurkers must think 90% of the users on this forum are barking mad. They defend the lack of windfall tax as a good thing like Americans do on healthcare. Everyone I speak to about the windfall tax all say the same thing. Those profits are obscene and should be taxed. Only on Pol-Tics do you read that a windfall tax is bad because they have been brainwashed by the Tory rhetoric that the Windfall tax means we are rejoining the EU.

I think a windfall tax is bad because I think that it is hard to collect, easy to avoid and just another example of leftwing spite.

But I suppose I have just been brainwashed by Tory rhetoric. Thank God I have boysie to think for me :)
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: srb7677 on September 12, 2022, 12:56:21 PM
The main problem with spouting out the reasons why the Tories are useless is avoiding the post being so long that no one will read it.

Well you write one point at a time Steve. Tories are so full of holes you are never short of content. Pappy knew to keep his points short and everyone understood what he was saying. It's like the windfall tax. Lurkers must think 90% of the users on this forum are barking mad. They defend the lack of windfall tax as a good thing like Americans do on healthcare. Everyone I speak to about the windfall tax all say the same thing. Those profits are obscene and should be taxed. Only on Pol-Tics do you read that a windfall tax is bad because they have been brainwashed by the Tory rhetoric that the Windfall tax means we are rejoining the EU. 

srb7677

Quote from: B0ycey on September 12, 2022, 12:48:31 PM
Welcome back Pappy!

Everyone agrees, even your biggest adversaries, that this forum is weaker without your in depth input on why the Tories are useless.
To be fair the evidence for that assertion appears to be everywhere, so it's an easy one to argue.

The main problem with spouting out the reasons why the Tories are useless is avoiding the post being so long that no one will read it.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2022, 11:49:52 AM
I knew nothing about the lifting of the ban, no-one ever contacted me about it.

Welcome back Pappy!

Everyone agrees, even your biggest adversaries, that this forum is weaker without your in depth input on why the Tories are useless.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2022, 11:49:52 AM
Well you do know so please leave it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2022, 08:15:42 AM
This has already been covered, Smurf hasn't been banned for 4 months but has chosen not to login. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2022, 10:59:04 AM
The forum owner did no such thing. (I only just found out about the ban being lifted by accident.)
Welcome back.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 12, 2022, 08:10:26 AM
Smurfy ban was lifted a while ago,the forum owner contacted him he hasn't replied.
The forum owner did no such thing. (I only just found out about the ban being lifted by accident.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2022, 08:15:42 AMThis isn't open for debate. 
Fair enough. I will not mention it again.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on September 12, 2022, 06:54:39 AM
I am well aware that both Smurf and Thomas could be problematical posters from time to time, requiring the attention of mods.

I have certainly experienced the hostility of the latter in the past myself.

As for the former's ridiculous habit of threatening legal action against others all the time, is not the best response just to laugh at him when he does that?

In any case, such issues aside, both were good contributors with their own unique perspectives, which added to the mix of views around here and helped to seed worthwhile debates.

Not my call, but I would be in favour of inviting them both back, with mods on red alert if necessary. I think this forum would gain more than it loses from their participation.
This has already been covered, Smurf hasn't been banned for 4 months but has chosen not to login. Thomas simply has to contact Admin acknowledging his indiscretions and agree to follow the rules of the forum in the future. This isn't open for debate. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 12, 2022, 08:10:26 AMIf Thomas wants back in he needs to contact Nick first
Thomas was never short on ego, and ego comes with pride.

He is probably too proud to do that so we have probably seen the last of him.

But it is what it is I suppose.