How balanced is it here?

Started by T00ts, September 12, 2022, 01:15:28 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on February 01, 2023, 07:56:04 AM
My laptop is VPN enabled, meaning that I use VPN all the time just because I cant be arsed to disable it for specific forums like this one. I make no secret of where I live. I live in Plymouth. If my VPN attempts to give the impression that I am located in Kathmandu or Timbuktu or some village in Outer Mongolia, it is not a conscious effort by me to feel anyone. It is just VPN doing what it does because I cannot be arsed to disable it.
That's perfectly fine, it's the likes of people who pretend to live in Glasgow but are actually living in England, giving it large that we like to know about.

I can see that you are using a VPN Steve, I can tell which one you use. We also log every IP ever used by every poster.

You are currently preaching from St Paul's Cathedral ATM, not Kathmandu. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on January 31, 2023, 09:07:32 PM
It's very easy, I can see exactly who is using privacy and exactly what type of VPN it is. This was used by someone who used the forum today to appear to be in London!! Strange really as everyone knew in what part of the country they lived.
Nothing to do with firewalls, a bit of JS does the job just fine. I only use it to see who thinks they are fooling me, I don't block people based on it, only new signups that want to hide.
My laptop is VPN enabled, meaning that I use VPN all the time just because I cant be arsed to disable it for specific forums like this one. I make no secret of where I live. I live in Plymouth. If my VPN attempts to give the impression that I am located in Kathmandu or Timbuktu or some village in Outer Mongolia, it is not a conscious effort by me to feel anyone. It is just VPN doing what it does because I cannot be arsed to disable it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 31, 2023, 06:59:53 PM
I have seen terms and conditions on a few forums that indicate they proactively ban VPN access. I'm not sure how they'd do that, it's been too long since I had tompiss about at the firewall end of things so I'm out of touch and if I'm honest I no longer care much.
It's very easy, I can see exactly who is using privacy and exactly what type of VPN it is. This was used by someone who used the forum today to appear to be in London!! Strange really as everyone knew in what part of the country they lived.
Nothing to do with firewalls, a bit of JS does the job just fine. I only use it to see who thinks they are fooling me, I don't block people based on it, only new signups that want to hide. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on September 16, 2022, 06:42:55 AM
You are probably not allowed to say publicly but I am curious as to which forum.

The main one which I used to post on more recently got flagged up as a malicious site, and now my server won't give me access at all for the same reason with a "Forbidden 403" message.

But it does seem that for some reason others do not have the same access problems. Whether or not this is because my current laptop comes with VPN as standard I don't know.
I have seen terms and conditions on a few forums that indicate they proactively ban VPN access. I'm not sure how they'd do that, it's been too long since I had tompiss about at the firewall end of things so I'm out of touch and if I'm honest I no longer care much.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on January 28, 2023, 10:31:11 PM
So clearly it isn't balanced, everyone has elected to F@@@ off to the other forum. So I guess we will be closing sooner than I expected.
I have only been more active there because there is more to respond to. But I have a couple of days off later this week so will have more energy to respond to stuff here.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

So clearly it isn't balanced, everyone has elected to f**k off to the other forum. So I guess we will be closing sooner than I expected.
POL-TICS.COM is not attracting many new members — looks like none this year.

Three of the 16 most recently registered have posted three times or less, while nine haven't posted at all...

https://pol-tics.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=90
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Look on the Brightside I haven't sent you to the David Icke forum, they really are fecked up and controlled to the maximum, even David Icke says he has no part in it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

So clearly it isn't balanced, everyone has elected to f**k off to the other forum. So I guess we will be closing sooner than I expected.
I guess so, but then you were given every opportunity of clarity, they will only do what they always do anyway, try and get people to vote for their own downfall by voting for exactly what they are trying to escape from, until they get caught out then they will do exactly the same again, move on and do and say exactly the same things. Nowadays they can keep it up longer as anything you say in opposition might be a threat. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

https://bible.usccb.org/bible/ecclesiastes/3

It was good whilst it lasted.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 16, 2022, 06:42:55 AM
You are probably not allowed to say publicly but I am curious as to which forum.

The main one which I used to post on more recently got flagged up as a malicious site, and now my server won't give me access at all for the same reason with a "Forbidden 403" message.

But it does seem that for some reason others do not have the same access problems. Whether or not this is because my current laptop comes with VPN as standard I don't know.
Tommy is over at the other place.

I suspect that once the Nats gain independence he will, like many other businessmen, vote Tory

Algerie Francais !

Nick

So clearly it isn't balanced, everyone has elected to F@@@ off to the other forum. So I guess we will be closing sooner than I expected. 

Sampanviking

I voted Undecided as none of the labels offered really seemed adequate to me.

Economically I am probably more liberal, and see the benefits of a mixed economy, or at the very least, appreciating the potential benefits of a genuinely free market, but can see that its gone to far and simply turned into a form of Oligarchy with one set of rules for the Billionaires and another for the rest of us.

Socially probably more conservative than anything else.

Barry

Quote from: morayloon on September 15, 2022, 10:50:02 PM
... the exiled T. By the way, he is posting on another forum. Different name, same style.
Ha ha. Found him by searching for the non-word disasterous.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: morayloon on September 15, 2022, 10:50:02 PM
I most certainly did not vote Tory and I can say with some certainty neither did the exiled T. By the way, he is posting on another forum. Different name, same style.

The main one which I used to post on more recently got flagged up as a malicious site, and now my server won't give me access at all for the same reason with a "Forbidden 403" message.

morayloon

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2022, 11:50:22 PM
Simple then,get a referendum,youof course need to win.
Yes but not the one he adopted by some there.

The Supreme Court will decide on whether Scot Gov has the power to call a Referendum. We will have to wait for the outcome of those proceedings before the next step will be taken: either a referendum or a plebiscitary General Election.
Don't really follow your second sentence. He chose the name, which begins with a B. I'll leave it at that