MPs pledge allegiance to King Charles III in rare Saturday Commons sitting

Started by SKY News, September 15, 2022, 01:00:17 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on September 15, 2022, 09:11:37 PM
Well, it was all very well saying cruel necessity Ollie, but I bet having his head chopped off bloody well hurt.
And possibly for quite a while. I recall some years ago seeing a piece in New Scientist suggesting it takes a while for the brain to shut down after such an event.

I wish I'd read that as a teenager I would have paid more attention to the detail of the chap I saw decapitated to see if his head was still trying to scream as it came off and bounced into the back of the car after the girder went through the windscreen.

I could arrange an experiment to research the reality I suppose. They never did take away my licence to experiment ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sampanviking

Well, it was all very well saying cruel necessity Ollie, but I bet having his head chopped off bloody well hurt.
Apparently "It happens every blasted time" according to the King...

cromwell

And not even an aspirin in those days Butt Kick
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2022, 07:30:49 PM
I was awful to him wasn't I?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2022, 07:37:14 PM
I heard that at least one had his fingers crossed behind his back at the time.
School kid stuff, others were just bare faced liars.

T00ts

I heard that at least one had his fingers crossed behind his back at the time.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on September 15, 2022, 03:07:53 PM
This happened 5 days ago.

If we wait long enough we will get the news of Charles I execution on 30 January 1649
I was awful to him wasn't I?

Borchester

Quote from: SKY News  on September 15, 2022, 01:00:17 PM

Senior MPs have pledged their allegiance to King Charles III in a rare Saturday Commons sitting.

Source: MPs pledge allegiance to King Charles III in rare Saturday Commons sitting

This happened 5 days ago.

If we wait long enough we will get the news of Charles I execution on 30 January 1649
Algerie Francais !

SKY News

Senior MPs have pledged their allegiance to King Charles III in a rare Saturday Commons sitting.

Source: MPs pledge allegiance to King Charles III in rare Saturday Commons sitting