China and Russia invites to HM’s funeral

Started by patman post, September 15, 2022, 10:45:35 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

I doubt Putin would have gone even if he was invited, the same way Xi isn't going despite being invited. I was impressed by both China and Russia sending their condolences despite everything actually. It seems a death should be respected whoever that maybe and given Western leaders weren't invited to Gorbachevs funeral and sent their respect also, if we have one thing in common in humanity it is respect of the dead whomever that maybe.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on September 16, 2022, 06:53:51 PM
One thing that strikes me is that HM was studiously non-political and, now she's dead, why are so many of our patriotic zealots wanting to use her funeral to make political points...?
Because they can . Its for the rest of us to make the political points and the monarch to be above them . 

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on September 16, 2022, 06:53:51 PM
One thing that strikes me is that HM was studiously non-political and, now she's dead, why are so many of our patriotic zealots wanting to use her funeral to make political points...?

Dunno.

Who wants to make points and what are they?
Algerie Francais !

patman post

One thing that strikes me is that HM was studiously non-political and, now she's dead, why are so many of our patriotic zealots wanting to use her funeral to make political points...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 16, 2022, 06:58:08 AM
If we had had - perish the thought - King Boris I, there'd have been a mega piss up at the palace already by now, with throwings up behind the throne, and much pissing against the outside walls and amongst the bushes due to Lord and Lady Such and Such putting the bathroom out of action by locking the door for some drunken shagging in it.

And Boris himself would have switched the tapes in the music system so that when everyone stood solemnly - if drunkenly - to sing God Save the King, Agadoo would have blurted out instead amidst much sniggering from Boris.

Sounds good :)
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 15, 2022, 11:07:10 PM
One can see Putin's point, but Charles isn't exactly a spring chicken himself and I dare say that he will throw off this mortal coil himself before long. Then bygones will be bygones and everyone can settle down to a good party. Except Charles, but then he was never much of a fun guy anyway.
If we had had - perish the thought - King Boris I, there'd have been a mega piss up at the palace already by now, with throwings up behind the throne, and much pissing against the outside walls and amongst the bushes due to Lord and Lady Such and Such putting the bathroom out of action by locking the door for some drunken shagging in it.

And Boris himself would have switched the tapes in the music system so that when everyone stood solemnly - if drunkenly - to sing God Save the King, Agadoo would have blurted out instead amidst much sniggering from Boris.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on September 15, 2022, 10:45:35 PM
Russia is complaining about Putin not being invited to HM's funeral, and MPs are complaining that China has been invited.

Seems good to me.

Anything that widens the negativity China has for Putin, and shows President Xi how other counties view Russia as having a more lowly status than China, must be a plus...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/15/anger-among-mps-as-chinese-vice-president-to-attend-queens-funeral?amp;amp;amp

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/russia-blasts-uks-refusal-to-invite-dignitary-to-queens-funeral-as-blasphemous/

One can see Putin's point, but Charles isn't exactly a spring chicken himself and I dare say that he will throw off this mortal coil himself before long. Then bygones will be bygones and everyone can settle down to a good party. Except Charles, but then he was never much of a fun guy anyway.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Russia is complaining about Putin not being invited to HM's funeral, and MPs are complaining that China has been invited.

Seems good to me.

Anything that widens the negativity China has for Putin, and shows President Xi how other counties view Russia as having a more lowly status than China, must be a plus...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/15/anger-among-mps-as-chinese-vice-president-to-attend-queens-funeral?amp;amp;amp

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/russia-blasts-uks-refusal-to-invite-dignitary-to-queens-funeral-as-blasphemous/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...