Local taxation

Started by srb7677, September 17, 2022, 06:53:55 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 17, 2022, 07:41:02 AM

The ego trips. The disingenuousness. The lack of real principle. The whiff of corruption.  The petty politics.

That is describing the Tory government.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 17, 2022, 07:25:25 AM
This is a bigger subject matter and like Westminster needs an overhaul.

You only have to look at my part of the world and the now infamous "you have no authority here Jackie Weaver,none whatsoever" and look around where you have council chief executives paid more than the pm.

The system is corrupted by delusions of grandeur,the lack of direction of what a councils aims and responsibility towards its people are (in much the same way national govt of all colours have abrogated their responsibility)

I could go on but hope others may have something to add.
I am with you on a lot of that.

I speak as someone who was a member of a local Labour party at a time when it ran the local council. So I saw quite a lot from the inside, so to speak.

The ego trips. The disingenuousness. The lack of real principle. The whiff of corruption.  The petty politics.

I could say a whole lot more that is more specific, but the need to preserve my anonymity holds me back.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

This is a bigger subject matter and like Westminster needs an overhaul.

You only have to look at my part of the world and the now infamous "you have no authority here Jackie Weaver,none whatsoever" and look around where you have council chief executives paid more than the pm.

The system is corrupted by delusions of grandeur,the lack of direction of what a councils aims and responsibility towards its people are (in much the same way national govt of all colours have abrogated their responsibility)

I could go on but hope others may have something to add.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Assuming that some form of local taxation is necessary and that we have to pay it somehow, which is your preferred choice?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.