Brexit. Good or bad?

Started by srb7677, September 17, 2022, 07:19:18 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on October 18, 2022, 03:11:32 PM
I did you said you would get back to me when you finished packing,try looking at your post history :P
Holy crap :D that's some memory. I'll go check that out

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 17, 2022, 09:20:31 PM
Not the Telegraph, just some of the contributors.
Ben Marlow is The Telegraph's Chief City Commentator. He's said 2022 is the year the "reality needs to match the hype on Brexit, five years after it backed exit from the union".

And I have to say, so far the Remainers' predictions are outdoing the Leavers' promises in the Brexit ledger...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on October 18, 2022, 01:27:23 PM
?
If you have a point to make, then make it.
I did you said you would get back to me when you finished packing,try looking at your post history :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on October 18, 2022, 01:40:51 PM
It just got so funny watching the car crash that is UK politics at the moment, couldn't resist coming back for giggles.
That is understandable.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on October 17, 2022, 09:23:21 PM
It's funny you've popped up again now the remainers have staged a coup.
It just got so funny watching the car crash that is UK politics at the moment, couldn't resist coming back for giggles.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on October 17, 2022, 09:19:36 PM
So ruddy boring. The flaming bus. We are spending far more on the NHS than that! So we did! Now please don't mention the ruddy red bus ever again.
That bus is one of the reasons people voted for brexit, so forgive me for mentioning it but the lie written on that bus shouldn't be forgotten, ever. There were more, like leaving wouldn't mean you had to leave the single market or you hold all the cards and the UK will dictate the terms of a future deal. Lie after Lie after Lie. But maybe you're right. Maybe all that should be forgotten about.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2022, 07:29:18 PM
Really where did you explain away the reliance on Russia,can't wait.
?
If you have a point to make, then make it.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2022, 05:40:22 PM
One document from 2017 and one 18 months out of date. Point made then Gerry 😂
😂😂😂
The claim was made before the vote in 2016, it was a lie and you just keep digging that hole for yourself. You can't spend 350m each week on the NHS when you never got back 350m a week from the EU, unless of course you can show otherwise, I'll wait for you to do that.

B0ycey

Keep posting the Bus Gerry. It's always nice to read Brexiteer lies on a Monday night. Dancing Dancing Dancing

B0ycey

Keep backing the Dizzy Moggy...

www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/16/rees-mogg-coffey-and-hunt-would-lose-seats-in-election-poll-suggests

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on October 17, 2022, 05:35:29 PM
You always had your sovereignty. You were sold a pup, a strawman. Oh look, they have our Sovereignty, we'll take that back. The UK always had it. The proof is in the pudding. The UK decided to share decisions with it's close neighbour's and continued year after year to freely continue with that practice. The UK then decided that it wasn't for them and they left, on their terms. They were given various options on a future relationship with the EU, about 6 I think and the UK decided at what level of integration they wanted.

At what part of that was the UK not in full control
It's funny you've popped up again now the remainers have staged a coup.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: Sean on October 17, 2022, 03:14:22 PM
George Osbourne ....

Shame the gammons sovereignty doesn`t pay the bills......
Less of the name calling HB. Switch accounts.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: Javert on October 16, 2022, 05:39:46 PM
I see even the Telegraph is now turning against Brexit - there have been a flurry of articles in there recently pretty much admitting that Brexit was a calamitous mistake.

As was also pointed out in the FT the other day, before 2016 the UK's economy was 90% of the size of Germany's.  It is now 70%.

The various other issues since Brexit  have been made a lot worse because the only way to get Brexit completed was to put a bunch of clueless fantasists in charge of the country - no sensible statesman or stateswoman would have gone ahead with it.
Not the Telegraph, just some of the contributors. 
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on October 16, 2022, 04:24:04 PM
The difference is the 350m a week was supposed to be money that was being wasted on the EU, what you're talking about is more tax payers money going to the NHS, that's not the same thing. The bus said "lets fund our NHS instead, in plain simple English.  YOu suggesting it was only a part of the 350 is just semantics. It's 350m a week being promised to the NHS, it never happened. What you're talking about is diverting tax revenue away from what it was doing and sending it instead to the NHS. That should be very simple to understand.

Well your happy, or are you talking for the 66m people in the UK, are they happy. Because looking from the outside in they don't seem very happy. Yes covid followed by the Russia problem is affecting all countries, but Brexit is an extra burden that just keeps giving.
So ruddy boring. The flaming bus. We are spending far more on the NHS than that! So we did! Now please don't mention the ruddy red bus ever again.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on October 17, 2022, 05:39:20 PM
It was answered, but not understood.
Really where did you explain away the reliance on Russia,can't wait.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?