Brexit. Good or bad?

Started by srb7677, September 17, 2022, 07:19:18 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 17, 2022, 05:24:00 PM
This is hard work.
Your plan:  Take the 350m given to the EU and give it to the NHS. Total additional cost to the UK = 0
Reality: Leaving the EU cost more than 350m so nothing coming back, dig deeper for another 35om, added cost of 350m to the UK
You never sent 13b (that's 250m/week), this was done to death a dozen times. As per attached net contribution 2018 was £7.8b or 150m/week.  https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/articles/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31

For that the EU provided a lot of services, which the UK had to replicate post brexit, the cost of brexit far out weights the contributions. That 350m (fictional number) never came back to be used, as it was swamped up by brexit. The UK stopped paying it to the EU and then spent it on all Brexit related costs.

https://www.cer.eu/publications/archive/policy-brief/2022/cost-brexit-so-far 
One document from 2017 and one 18 months out of date. Point made then Gerry 😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2022, 02:46:32 PM
@GerryT. I see you finished your packing,still not answered though. Butt Kick
It was answered, but not understood.

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on October 16, 2022, 06:01:16 PM
Brexit was about sovereignty, which we have achieved. A side benefit has been the attitude of the remainers whose main concern has been money. How the UK will be able to remove such filth is a question that remains to be answered, but clearly it must be addressed
You always had your sovereignty. You were sold a pup, a strawman. Oh look, they have our Sovereignty, we'll take that back. The UK always had it. The proof is in the pudding. The UK decided to share decisions with it's close neighbour's and continued year after year to freely continue with that practice. The UK then decided that it wasn't for them and they left, on their terms. They were given various options on a future relationship with the EU, about 6 I think and the UK decided at what level of integration they wanted.

At what part of that was the UK not in full control

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 05:56:44 PMTax payers money 😂 where do you think the money we used to send to the EU came from Gerry?
This is hard work.
Your plan:  Take the 350m given to the EU and give it to the NHS. Total additional cost to the UK = 0
Reality: Leaving the EU cost more than 350m so nothing coming back, dig deeper for another 35om, added cost of 350m to the UK

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 05:56:44 PMYou are talking absolute nonsense Gerry, we now have £13 billion that WE DON'T send to the EU, where do you think it is? It's in the HMRC coffers, and it comes from tax.
You never sent 13b (that's 250m/week), this was done to death a dozen times. As per attached net contribution 2018 was £7.8b or 150m/week.  https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/articles/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31

For that the EU provided a lot of services, which the UK had to replicate post brexit, the cost of brexit far out weights the contributions. That 350m (fictional number) never came back to be used, as it was swamped up by brexit. The UK stopped paying it to the EU and then spent it on all Brexit related costs.

https://www.cer.eu/publications/archive/policy-brief/2022/cost-brexit-so-far 

Sean

George Osbourne ....

QuoteOsborne: The reality is "Over the last 6 years Britain has become downgraded as an economic entity... because the institutions are weaker, THE POLITICS IS A MESS, and BRITAIN'S ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE, SINCE BREXIT, IS MARKEDLY WORSE...That is how the rest of the world looks at it

QuoteAt the time of the Brexit vote in 2016 the British economy was 90 per cent the size of Germany's. Now it is less than 70 per cent.

Shame the gammons sovereignty doesn`t pay the bills......

Borchester

Quote from: Javert on October 16, 2022, 07:22:23 PM
it would actually be pretty funny to see what would happen to you lot if everyone who thinks Brexit was a terrible idea was deported or whatever it is you are trying to imply.  Most likely you would deport us to a country that was better than here anyway judging by the displayed level of competence of most continuing supporters of Brexit that I know.

To be honest Javert, I am not that bother where you and the rest of your treacherous remainer friends go, just as long as you do
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on October 16, 2022, 04:24:04 PM
The difference is the 350m a week was supposed to be money that was being wasted on the EU, what you're talking about is more tax payers money going to the NHS, that's not the same thing. The bus said "lets fund our NHS instead, in plain simple English.  YOu suggesting it was only a part of the 350 is just semantics. It's 350m a week being promised to the NHS, it never happened. What you're talking about is diverting tax revenue away from what it was doing and sending it instead to the NHS. That should be very simple to understand.

Well your happy, or are you talking for the 66m people in the UK, are they happy. Because looking from the outside in they don't seem very happy. Yes covid followed by the Russia problem is affecting all countries, but Brexit is an extra burden that just keeps giving.
@GerryT. I see you finished your packing,still not answered though. Butt Kick
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Javert on October 16, 2022, 07:22:23 PM
it would actually be pretty funny to see what would happen to you lot if everyone who thinks Brexit was a terrible idea was deported or whatever it is you are trying to imply.  Most likely you would deport us to a country that was better than here anyway judging by the displayed level of competence of most continuing supporters of Brexit that I know.
But who will win control of Brussels? the US or the Chinese? they have to be a puppet of one or the other. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Javert

Quote from: Borchester on October 16, 2022, 06:01:16 PM
Brexit was about sovereignty, which we have achieved. A side benefit has been the attitude of the remainers whose main concern has been money. How the UK will be able to remove such filth is a question that remains to be answered, but clearly it must be addressed

it would actually be pretty funny to see what would happen to you lot if everyone who thinks Brexit was a terrible idea was deported or whatever it is you are trying to imply.   Most likely you would deport us to a country that was better than here anyway judging by the displayed level of competence of most continuing supporters of Brexit that I know.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 05:56:44 PM
Tax payers money 😂 where do you think the money we used to send to the EU came from Gerry?

You are talking absolute nonsense Gerry, we now have £13 billion that WE DON'T send to the EU, where do you think it is? It's in the HMRC coffers, and it comes from tax.

Gerry doesn't think. He is only 13 and well, he is only 13
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 16, 2022, 04:24:04 PM
The difference is the 350m a week was supposed to be money that was being wasted on the EU, what you're talking about is more tax payers money going to the NHS, that's not the same thing.

Tax payers money 😂 where do you think the money we used to send to the EU came from Gerry?

The bus said "lets fund our NHS instead, in plain simple English.  YOu suggesting it was only a part of the 350 is just semantics. It's 350m a week being promised to the NHS, it never happened. What you're talking about is diverting tax revenue away from what it was doing and sending it instead to the NHS. That should be very simple to understand.

You are talking absolute nonsense Gerry, we now have £13 billion that WE DON'T send to the EU, where do you think it is? It's in the HMRC coffers, and it comes from tax. 

Well you're happy, or are you talking for the 66m people in the UK, are they happy. Because looking from the outside in they don't seem very happy. Yes covid followed by the Russia problem is affecting all countries, but Brexit is an extra burden that just keeps giving.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Javert

I see even the Telegraph is now turning against Brexit - there have been a flurry of articles in there recently pretty much admitting that Brexit was a calamitous mistake.

As was also pointed out in the FT the other day, before 2016 the UK's economy was 90% of the size of Germany's.  It is now 70%.

The various other issues since Brexit  have been made a lot worse because the only way to get Brexit completed was to put a bunch of clueless fantasists in charge of the country - no sensible statesman or stateswoman would have gone ahead with it.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 01:46:12 PMNHS budget has increased by more than the £350 million a week. Just out of interest, show me where the buS said an extra £350 would go to the NHS, I know you can't cause it doesn't. 
The difference is the 350m a week was supposed to be money that was being wasted on the EU, what you're talking about is more tax payers money going to the NHS, that's not the same thing. The bus said "lets fund our NHS instead, in plain simple English.  YOu suggesting it was only a part of the 350 is just semantics. It's 350m a week being promised to the NHS, it never happened. What you're talking about is diverting tax revenue away from what it was doing and sending it instead to the NHS. That should be very simple to understand.

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 01:46:12 PMAs for the rest, just the same old same old, we got what we wanted and we are happy with it. And you hanging around telling us that haven't doesn't make the slightest difference. 
Well your happy, or are you talking for the 66m people in the UK, are they happy. Because looking from the outside in they don't seem very happy. Yes covid followed by the Russia problem is affecting all countries, but Brexit is an extra burden that just keeps giving.