Are you a true Christian believer?

Started by srb7677, September 17, 2022, 07:29:49 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2022, 06:45:29 PM
Since we are in the last days perhaps now is nearly right.:(
Thats conjecture Toots , Id rather hope we have a long way to go before we finnally mess it up big time 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 03:46:35 PM
To be blunt no. The oldest known human named Lucy, who is way older than I thought was around 3.2 million years ago. She walked upright but looked nothing like us, which directly contradicts 'in his image' line. Like I said, there are just so many things that contradict the creation theory.

Lucy

I was a lot younger — and not so used to mixing rum and beer as I am now — but Lucy doesn't seem that unfamiliar.

But at the time, and for a short while, I was staying near Goldsmiths in New Cross — an area I seek to avoid these days...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 22, 2022, 06:39:29 PM
Proof That God Created The Cell - The Search For God 

Maybe we were created in Gods image , at which stage from cell to now is the right image though ?  Maybe were  not even  there yet
Since we are in the last days perhaps now is nearly right.:(

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2022, 06:27:01 PM
Evolution only proves that the process of inhabiting this earth grew in exactly the same way as everything else. It was a process not a magic wand and a rabbit in a hat. It suits the secular narrative to dismiss God's hand while not understanding what the scriptures are telling us. We are told that we are created in God's image yet many believe that God is a Spirit. Chinese whispers! We are created in God's image but it is possible that to arrive as we are now there was a process.
Proof That God Created The Cell - The Search For God  

Maybe we were created in Gods image , at which stage from cell to now is the right image though ?  Maybe were  not even  there yet 

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 05:03:41 PM
The bible states quite clearly Man was created in Gods image, evolution proves that is not the case. And if one part of the Bible, which is the word of God is wrong it points to it all being made up. Sorry but these are the facts.
Evolution only proves that the process of inhabiting this earth grew in exactly the same way as everything else. It was a process not a magic wand and a rabbit in a hat. It suits the secular narrative to dismiss God's hand while not understanding what the scriptures are telling us. We are told that we are created in God's image yet many believe that God is a Spirit. Chinese whispers! We are created in God's image but it is possible that to arrive as we are now there was a process.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 05:05:56 PM
The bible states quite clearly Man was created in Gods image, evolution proves that is not the case. And if one part of the Bible, which is the word of God is wrong it points to it all being made up. Sorry but these are the facts.
While I am not convinced that The Holy Bible is the definitive word of God, I do not believe it is a total work of fiction. Much of the writing is likely to have a core of truth and be based on actual happenings.

Even Genesis can be regarded as a useful allegory to explain how everything came into being and why the population should obey God's rules (as dictated by rulers, of course). It's the way Creationists (and others) have embroidered a simple tale to reinforce their own doctrines that have proved ridiculous.

Many of the other characters and events more soberly chronicled are likely to be from reports and stories of people and events carried by word of mouth over time.

We know the Old Testament, Gospels, etc, were written and re-written and translated and re-translated in times when the telling of news scientific knowledge was in the hands of few people, and often used to explain — in the form of allegory — things that were not understood by the majority of whatever community was being addressed.

So I'm not totally dismissive of anyone's scriptures — just some of their main conclusions...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2022, 04:48:07 PM
Again I repeat that evolution is not counter to Christianity. Everything in Earth's creation could be seen as preparation for God's final work here including the Neanderthals, and everything else that science has so far discovered. I find it difficult to understand why people put evolution as 'proof' that there isn't a God. For people like me there is just so much more proof that there is.
The bible states quite clearly Man was created in Gods image, evolution proves that is not the case. And if one part of the Bible, which is the word of God is wrong it points to it all being made up. Sorry but these are the facts. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 03:46:35 PM
To be blunt no. The oldest known human named Lucy, who is way older than I thought was around 3.2 million years ago. She walked upright but looked nothing like us, which directly contradicts 'in his image' line. Like I said, there are just so many things that contradict the creation theory.

Lucy

Again I repeat that evolution is not counter to Christianity. Everything in Earth's creation could be seen as preparation for God's final work here including the Neanderthals, and everything else that science has so far discovered. I find it difficult to understand why people put evolution as 'proof' that there isn't a God. For people like me there is just so much more proof that there is.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2022, 02:01:54 PM
Is it not possible that these were part of the earth's development too? A belief in God and evolution do not necessarily go against one another.

Lucy

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2022, 02:01:54 PM
Is it not possible that these were part of the earth's development too? A belief in God and evolution do not necessarily go against one another.
I accept that. None of what I said disproves God, nor was it intended to. 

My own beliefs aside.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2022, 01:36:19 PM
In fact homo sapiens - us - have been around for at least that long and did pretty much look like us, albeit of course dressed far more primitively and probably unshaven. But anatomically they were like us. For a while  other near human species shared the planet with us, best known of which are the neanderthals. They would have looked different but not markedly so, and were in fact genetically similar enough for us to interbreed with them. Most humans alive today, no doubt including you and I, have a percentage of neanderthal DNA.

We had pre-human ancestors walking upright and using tools - and later even fire - for millions of years before us, most notably homo erectus.

There is evidence of this creature using fire as a tool many hundreds of thousands of years ago.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 01:06:46 PM
The first humanoid life has been dated to over 100,000 years. And it certainly didn't look anything like us. You have your faith, which is personal to you, but for me none of it adds up.
In fact homo sapiens - us - have been around for at least that long and did pretty much look like us, albeit of course dressed far more primitively and probably unshaven. But anatomically they were like us. For a while  other near human species shared the planet with us, best known of which are the neanderthals. They would have looked different but not markedly so, and were in fact genetically similar enough for us to interbreed with them. Most humans alive today, no doubt including you and I, have a percentage of neanderthal DNA.

We had pre-human ancestors walking upright and using tools - and later even fire - for millions of years before us, most notably homo erectus.

There is evidence of this creature using fire as a tool many hundreds of thousands of years ago.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2022, 12:44:25 PM
Billions in fact. The oldest rocks ever found on earth have been carbon dated to over 3 billion years old. And the Earth itself is thought to be about 4.5 or 4.6 billion years old, which is supported by the dating of asteroids thought to have formed about the same time which date to this long ago.

The sun itself is thought to have formed out of a gravitationally contracting cloud of gas and dust some 5 billion years ago. The universe itself - though there is no absolute certainty and some doubts - is on current knowledge thought to have began about 13.7 or 13.8 billion years ago.

No doubt you see God's hand in all this.
I most certainly do.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2022, 12:28:56 PM
I don't think that is right. It is obviously millions of years old and was a long time in the making. A day in God's Genesis time is eons and science has already proved that it has taken millions of years to develop the many resources which we benefit from. Human life as we understand it is possibly about 6000+. The Bible is not vague at all but it does need study to get beyond the imagery with which it is written. I am currently studying Isaiah and it takes effort but is actually mostly very clear.
The first humanoid life has been dated to over 100,000 years. And it certainly didn't look anything like us. You have your faith, which is personal to you, but for me none of it adds up.