Would you vote Tory?

Started by srb7677, September 17, 2022, 10:03:41 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 10:19:04 PM
I
would vote Tory but Ollie and his commie friends have rigged the poll so that I can't vote.

That said, The other opinion polls now give the Brothers and Sisters twice as many votes as the Tories, which is good for Liz because now the only way is up

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/
What are you on about?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 11, 2022, 10:03:46 PM
'Quotes on video' WTF? Heres a written source https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/

However, just for you, check this out  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-nigel-farage-forced-to-admit-the-eu-referendum-was-only-advisory-a7401151.html
The referendum was not legally binding. [highlight]There's no one source that can prove this statement true [/highlight]

From your own link!!
Cameron told us this was the biggy, the once in a generation vote, same as you had. You, like the EU want to keep asking until you get the answer you like. As I've said many times, ask the whole of the U.K., you'll be out quicker than you know how to say "please can we rejoin the EU, now we've hot our independence we want to give it to you" 😂

If your comrade Tommy contacted Admin and said his Hail Mary's he'd be here to fight your corner with you. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on October 11, 2022, 10:24:29 PM
But plaudits for being real and telling it as she sees it, rather than mealy mouthed equivocation. Passion matters and such stated feelings display it. I am sure the Tories have thick skins and that none are suicidally depressed over such comments.

Interestingly enough, Wee Krankie said that she got on like a house on fire with Boris, although she found Mrs May heavy going
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 05:32:14 PM
Announcing that she 'detests Conservatives' doesn't do her any favours on the diplomacy front.
But plaudits for being real and telling it as she sees it, rather than mealy mouthed equivocation. Passion matters and such stated feelings display it. I am sure the Tories have thick skins and that none are suicidally depressed over such comments.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

I would vote Tory but Ollie and his commie friends have rigged the poll so that I can't vote.

That said, The other opinion polls now give the Brothers and Sisters twice as many votes as the Tories, which is good for Liz because now the only way is up

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 11, 2022, 07:54:02 PM
the Brexit vote was advisory. It was not legally binding. Funny how every party jumped on the bandwagon to proclaim victory, apart from the SNP.
Importantly it was only a small margin of victory. Fast forward to the present day and you have Unionists proclaiming that polls need to be at 60% for a period of time (not defined) before a vote can be held. Actually some misguided souls on our side make the same argument (Pete Wishart). The other point put by Unionists is that YES must reach at least 60%, of all who have a vote, not just those who cast their vote.
You just couldn't make it up.
As for Sturgeon, I have no truck with her. It was because of her inaction that I left the SNP.
Any quotes on video where it was stated the EU referendum was advisory?

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 11, 2022, 06:01:26 PM
She is right... How long are you going to put up with the cake tomorrow politics? She's now begging the courts for a permission to hold a referendum and promising it's only advisory. Tomorrow I'm going to wash my feet with my socks on and promise my feet are clean.
Parliament doesn't have to ignore wee Jimmy, she's already stated that she is ignorable by virtue of any vote being advisory. What ever you think about Alex Salmond, at least he was genuine, wee Krankey is not believable.
the Brexit vote was advisory. It was not legally binding. Funny how every party jumped on the bandwagon to proclaim victory, apart from the SNP. 
Importantly it was only a small margin of victory. Fast forward to the present day and you have Unionists proclaiming that polls need to be at 60% for a period of time (not defined) before a vote can be held. Actually some misguided souls on our side make the same argument (Pete Wishart). The other point put by Unionists is that YES must reach at least 60%, of all who have a vote, not just those who cast their vote.
You just couldn't make it up.
As for Sturgeon, I have no truck with her. It was because of her inaction that I left the SNP.

Nick

T00ts

papasmurf

Announcing that she 'detests Conservatives' doesn't do her any favours on the diplomacy front.
It does with a lot of voters. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 11, 2022, 05:42:01 PM
And Truss saying NS is an 'attention seeker' and that she 'will ignore her' is? THE snp will not lose many votes over the detestgate issue (or more realistically, non-issue)' I think the use of the word will resonate with many Scots and only the diehard Unionists will be enraged
She is right... How long are you going to put up with the cake tomorrow politics? She's now begging the courts for a permission to hold a referendum and promising it's only advisory. Tomorrow I'm going to wash my feet with my socks on and promise my feet are clean. 
Parliament doesn't have to ignore wee Jimmy, she's already stated that she is ignorable by virtue of any vote being advisory. What ever you think about Alex Salmond, at least he was genuine, wee Krankey is not believable. 

morayloon

And Truss saying NS is an 'attention seeker' and that she 'will ignore her' is? THE snp will not lose many votes over the detestgate issue (or more realistically, non-issue)' I think the use of the word will resonate with many Scots and only the diehard Unionists will be enraged

T00ts

morayloon

Quote from: B-4 on October 09, 2022, 03:53:53 PM
It's odd that you associate one with the other, because the Conservatives clearly wasn't devoted to Brexit, which is why the PM stood down.  My guess is that they expected a Remain victory which would have crushed the UKIP and silenced the back benchers.  I give the Conservatives credit, though, they didn't start crying and demanding a second referendum the next day, unlike the SNP did when they lost Indyref.

Labour could have been for Brexit if it wasn't totally corrupt and full of reactionaries.
Re the SNP. What you said is untrue. It was only with the surprise influx of about 100,000 new members that talk of Indy Ref 2 started being raised. The Party was forced to do something to appease the YES activists. She began dangling the carrot of a Referendum during election campaigns and the Party faithful accepted her words every time. Despite the bluster she has done nothing to further the cause. Asking for a Section 30 Order is one thing but when Westminster time and again refuses to grant one, she just sits back, accepting it and does nothing remotely positive.
Having said that, her current ploy might prove productive. The Supreme Court is currently hearing the case to clear up the question of whether ScotGov has the power to call a referendum. If that fails, proving that the UK is not country of equal nations but a prison in which Scotland is trapped, the party will use the 2024 election as a plebiscite on Independence. Perhaps, unlike a leopard, she has changed her spots. Only time will tell!
As for Brexit, it was Farage who said that a close Remain victory would mean 'unfinished business'. In other words he was ready to seek a second BrexRef