Would you vote Tory?

Started by srb7677, September 17, 2022, 10:03:41 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2022, 11:17:20 AM
Truss, Rees-Mogg, Coffey, and a fair number of others are very far to the right as well as being very nasty,
You will need to give some more information on that rather than just saying it . Truss just says what people want to hear and does little (we will see how she gets on as PM) Rees Mogg is an idiot of the first order and should have retired after he got the gig posing for wheres the Wally . 
I dont know enough about Coffey but apparently she likes a drink and a cigar so she cant be all bad . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 19, 2022, 10:09:10 AM

That would be an opinion held by very few ,
Truss, Rees-Mogg, Coffey, and a fair number of others are very far to the right as well as being very nasty,
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Sean on September 19, 2022, 09:53:00 AM
Not to worry. They will be gone by the next election , when keir takes over and brings the uk back into our European Union.
I doubt whether the EU would have us. We always were a one nation awkward squad. lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2022, 08:43:49 AM
So some of the people here who wouldn't vote Tory think they are too left wing? The Tories?

Perhaps I should run a poll on how many members would like to vote for Genghis Khan. lol
Perhaps you should . When people put up these polls of voting intentions they forget as do the politicians of a very large minority who sit to the political right of the Tories .
The Tories are weak on law and order , pathetically weak on immigration and have gone missing with getting Brexit done .They are the posh side of the Labour party with not a fag paper between them .

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2022, 08:46:55 AM
Quite. The current crop of Tories are in my opinion to the far right.
That would be an opinion held by very few , give the UK a genuine right wing party to vote for that would deal with the issues I have mentioned and you and those in Westminster will be in for a shock 

Sean

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2022, 08:46:55 AM
Quite. The current crop of Tories are in my opinion to the far right.
Not to worry. They will be gone by the next election , when keir takes over and brings the uk back into our European Union.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2022, 08:43:49 AM
So some of the people here who wouldn't vote Tory think they are too left wing? The Tories?

Perhaps I should run a poll on how many members would like to vote for Genghis Khan. lol
Quite. The current crop of Tories are in my opinion to the far right.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 17, 2022, 09:16:52 PMthe Tories are too left wing for my liking

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Probably.

The current crop aren't particularly inspiring, but at least they don't want a handout or to sell us back to Brussels so it is a matter of the best of a bad job.

I tried to register on the poll but it doesn't seem to be working. Probably the fault of my geriatric computer, but be that as it may be, the poll should read 44% for the Tories and 56% against and 9 votes counted.

With regard to Pat's mean spirited comments on the folk queuing to pay their respects to the Queen, one of them is my niece. She is a school teacher, but also contributes to the local rag, so maybe she is one of those reporters he is sneering about. Apparently she has been in the line forever, is exhausted by the cold, but will carry on until she has done what she came for.

She is a member of the Labour party

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

A good twenty no thirty god help us years ago I was coming out of a tube station when I got collared by some idiot with a clipboard. Now most days when I was doing this I actually had time on my hands unlike the rest of London's commuters so I would take pity on them and stop and answer their questions. 99 times out of 100 it was for my view on some car, washing machine or hotel chain and God knows the poor buggers doing this have it hard putting up with the abuse.

But this one took me by surprise

A fresh faced young lady barely old enough to know what it means even in Thailand asked me to my face whether I had ever paid for sex.

I replied instantly that I'd got married in 1981 to a woman the spitting image of an A list actress and unless you meant how much she'd cost me over the years then no I'd never seen the need to do so up to now.

I suspect the same "I've never seen the need tondo so up to now" applies to voting Tory.

Because where I live it would not help if I did.

If I lived where I grew up, voting Tory would kick both Kier Starmer and Mark Twatford in the nuts and I would do so without hesitation to assist in that goal. Because while I can't stand the Tories, I fucking hate labour.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on September 17, 2022, 12:04:36 PM
Cobblers,I voted tory because of brexit end of.
I couldnt bring myself to do it even with Brexit at stake . I think with the abscence of a Brexit Party candidate it was one of those that I spoiled the paper . 

Boycey seems to think he knows how people vote ,I think I have made it clear on more than one occasion that  the Tories are too left wing for my liking 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2022, 10:46:35 AM
I would rather excrete a porcupine backwards than vote Tory. They are disgusting political party totally unfit for public office.

If you would excrete a porcupine backwards then I would agree to not vote Tory.

Of course I would, so I would win all ways :)
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Nope because I know voting for the Westminster party will always end up the same, with crisis after crisis and you having no choice in the matter, it isn't because Conservatism is particularly bad at its base level belief, it just a case that will never happen.
As Boycey quite rightly pointed out, the Westminster has nothing a populist would want anyway or have a reason to vote for them, I would need to seek medical help if I thought they did.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2022, 11:32:12 AM
Yes, they are too ashamed.
Says the man that will NEVER say who he voted for. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

What makes anyone think we are ashamed of who we voted for, or did not vote for?
I have no shame regarding my last turnout at an election. However, voting is a secret ballot and I have not lied about the last times I voted.

I DID NOT VOTE TORY, BOYCEY.

Here's a picture to help you:

† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 17, 2022, 12:42:41 PM
Fair play BOycey if he said he didn't vote tory he didn't.

Whatever comes or goes I know for sure lying is not on his agenda.

Well he voted the Brexit Party then. As I said, he is twisting what the poll was meant for anyway, which was to prove this is a Tory stronghold forum. Perhaps we need yet another poll which stops all this twisting of logic such as "You have to vote for either Labour or Tories and if you don't you have Hitler as leader, who are you voting for?" And if we then have this BS like I'm not voting then we know you are a closet Tory.