Would you vote Tory?

Started by srb7677, September 17, 2022, 10:03:41 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 17, 2022, 09:17:18 AM
Is there a better alternative though Streetwalker? It isn't like I am Starmers biggest fan for what it is worth, he is just an improvement on the Tories. I also like his idea for GB energy. That alone is worth a vote.

As for Long Bailey, perhaps a trade unionist is what we need actually. Britain first. Or at least the workers first. It was Thatcher who sent all our factories to the far East and turned us into a service led rather than an industrial nation. If we are talking about achieving fast growth, China has proven that is the way to do it. None of this trickle down bollocks the Tories preach.
We are all looking for an alternative , just dont see it anywhere in Westminster 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2022, 09:07:36 AM
So this is the level 😂. Rebecca Wrong Daily is the answer to all our prayers 😂
Answer to my prayers. Although you pronounced her name wrong. Her name is Ladyship almighty, leader of the common man, friend of the Unions, Lady Rebecca Long Bailey.

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 17, 2022, 08:26:47 AM
For sure with the options being Tory or Labour then Labour look in the driving seat . The problem Labour has though is that they have a good number of voters who will go elsewhere given a decent alternative , be that a rebirth of the Lib Dems without their EU ball and chain or a populist party who would be quite popular ;)

Long Baily sits to the left of Corbyn and would be better suited as trade union leader than running UK Plc

Is there a better alternative though Streetwalker? It isn't like I am Starmers biggest fan for what it is worth, he is just an improvement on the Tories. I also like his idea for GB energy. That alone is worth a vote.

As for Long Bailey, perhaps a trade unionist is what we need actually. Britain first. Or at least the workers first. It was Thatcher who sent all our factories to the far East and turned us into a service led rather than an industrial nation. If we are talking about achieving fast growth, China has proven that is the way to do it. None of this trickle down bollocks the Tories preach.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 17, 2022, 07:41:10 AM
As long as those 70% come to their senses and vote the Tories out next time then I will agree they are not Tory scum. Here's hoping the Red Wall gets rebuilt. Then Starmer out, Long Bailey in and UK sanity restored.
So this is the level 😂. Rebecca Wrong Daily is the answer to all our prayers 😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

As long as those 70% come to their senses and vote the Tories out next time then I will agree they are not Tory scum. Here's hoping the Red Wall gets rebuilt. Then Starmer out, Long Bailey in and UK sanity restored.

LOL you are such a dreamer, it will never happen. Even if it did it wouldn't last 5 minutes as you have just had an example of what happens when somebody steps outside the globalist line. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

For sure with the options being Tory or Labour then Labour look in the driving seat . The problem Labour has though is that they have a good number of voters who will go elsewhere given a decent alternative , be that a rebirth of the Lib Dems without their EU ball and chain or a populist party who would be quite popular ;)

Long Baily sits to the left of Corbyn and would be better suited as trade union leader than running UK Plc 

johnofgwent

Quote from: morayloon on October 16, 2022, 11:04:49 AM
In the UK Parliament is sovereign (although in Scotland it is the people - the worthlessness of that concept was seen with the Brexit result; nobody challenged the UKs right to take Scotland out). The only way the people have a say is when they vote in an election i.e to get rid of the gioverning party.
Not for the first time I mourn the 2014 indyref result 

Had it gone the other way the stupidity of your post' sentiment would have been quite abruptly demonstrated by the instant transition to third party countries of the "independent" state your beloved referendum would have created AND the Rump Of The UK you you'll have left, as Barosso said it would.

Was the 2014 indyref "binding" or just "advisory"

I would have been fun watching labour assemble a bollocks to disunity pressure group ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 17, 2022, 05:27:58 AM
While conveniently forgetting 70% of Labours constituancies voted leave . The biggests brexiteers were of course niether Labour nor 'tory scum' though .
They were to be found among the loons , eating fruit cakes in closets :)

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 16, 2022, 08:47:24 AM
Fair enough Baff. I just remember you being a hardcore Brexiteer. Can't help to associate that to Toryism given the biggest Brexiteers I know also seem to be the Blueist hardliner Tory scum.
While conveniently forgetting 70% of Labours constituancies voted leave . The biggests brexiteers were of course niether Labour nor 'tory scum' though .
They were to be found among the loons , eating fruit cakes in closets :) 

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 01:13:38 PM
It was taken to court by Gina Miller, have you been living under a stone or what?
Slipped my mind. I was more taken up with the anti democratic & antiScottish dragging us out of the EU to take note of what was happening in England. A court case should also have been started by the SNP. I am certain a crowdfunder would soon have raised enough money to cover legal costs. The SNP, to their shame, didn't do a thing.
Anyway back to Gina Miller and her Brexit Lawsuit. Because her case was upheld in the High Court and the Supreme Court, the government had to legislate to proceed with their plans. That sort of is in favour of my argument that the courts should have intervened. They did and they found the Government would be acting illegally if they pressed ahead without legislating on the matter. 

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 16, 2022, 10:47:53 AM
1 When was it taken to court? 
2 That's because of the fact that UK has a population 12 times that of Scotland.
3 A Referendum is a binary contest whereas there are multiple parties in an election. Despite that, the SNP won 45% of the vote; two years later the vote increased to 47.7% on a lower turnout.
4 In 2019 the SNPwon a larger share of the vote in Scotland (45%) than the Tories did UK wide (43.6%) 
It was taken to court by Gina Miller, have you been living under a stone or what?

Sheepy

Quote from: morayloon on October 16, 2022, 11:04:49 AM
In the UK Parliament is sovereign (although in Scotland it is the people - the worthlessness of that concept was seen with the Brexit result; nobody challenged the UKs right to take Scotland out). The only way the people have a say is when they vote in an election i.e to get rid of the gioverning party.

No, I wouldn't vote Tory as it would be against everything I am politically, but I might vote SNP because Nicola Sturgeon is about as far removed from a Scottish nationalist as it could possibly be, just for the giggle of course.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

morayloon

Quote from: Baff on October 16, 2022, 04:46:59 AM
It's politically binding.
The authority to make and enforce laws depends solely on peoples willingness to accept it.
If you openly refuse the will of the people, you have no democratic legitimacy. The legality of your "laws" = zero.
The country reverts to an anarchy.

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2022, 09:58:54 AM
Where have you been living? It was taken to court, and they lost. As for not conclusive, leave won by more votes than gave your beloved SNP 50 seats in parliament.

1 When was it taken to court?  
2 That's because of the fact that UK has a population 12 times that of Scotland. 
3 A Referendum is a binary contest whereas there are multiple parties in an election. Despite that, the SNP won 45% of the vote; two years later the vote increased to 47.7% on a lower turnout. 
4 In 2019 the SNPwon a larger share of the vote in Scotland (45%) than the Tories did UK wide (43.6%)  

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 16, 2022, 04:12:29 AM
So you managed to find some evidence. Good for you. That doesn't mean that he was correct. It would have been for the courts to decide ...  if someone had the gumption to take the legal route. A 52-48 result was not conclusive and as i said Farage was ready and willing to challenge the result if it had gone the other way.
What was a conclusive result was the 62 -38 vote in Scotland for remaining. A vote which was ignored and we were dragged out of the EU by the weight of English numbers
Rest assured if a 52-48 result for Independence is the outcome of any future Indyref there will be a queue of people, led by the Brit Gov, who will be fighting to take legal action to stop it in its tracks.
PS
I found this article in which your hero Farage is reported to have said the Referendum was advisory https://www.connexionfrance.com/article/French-news/Brexit/Referendum-was-advisory-Farage
And your hero is mentioned in the Fact Check article I referred to previously "That's why Nigel Farage, for example, accepts that the referendum result was technically advisory only, but says that "I would now wish to see constitutional change to make referendums binding".
Here's another one "223.  We recognise that because of the sovereignty of Parliament, referendums cannot be legally binding in the UK, and are therefore advisory. However, it would be difficult for Parliament to ignore a decisive expression of public opinion. (Para 197) https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200910/ldselect/ldconst/99/9909.htm
The result, as I said, was not conclusive therefore it shouldn't have been carried without legally testing the case.

Where have you been living? It was taken to court, and they lost. As for not conclusive, leave won by more votes than gave your beloved SNP 50 seats in parliament.