Tories and the Church

Started by patman post, September 17, 2022, 02:25:12 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2022, 05:18:29 PM
I can't how anyone can be a Tory and a Christian. It is a conflict of interests..
You don't understand Christianity or Conservatives.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2022, 05:18:29 PM
I can't how anyone can be a Tory and a Christian. It is a conflict of interests..
I guess they'd have to jettison a fair bit of the Bible — though I'm not sure if that would be of greater help to be a Christian or a Tory...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

All but one of the versions in:

https://biblehub.com/matthew/25-29.htm

say the same.

Only the Amplified Bible inserts additional text to further a point not otherwise made by the original interpreters of Matthew's supposed creative reinterpretation of Mark...***

*** https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=pAZxCMRztQ4C&pg=PA116&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on September 17, 2022, 04:54:08 PM
Are you suggesting I doctored quotes from the Bible...?
Not at all - but taking odd verses in isolation never gives the right picture.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on September 17, 2022, 04:48:26 PM
The Bible is much maligned as people rarely bother to find out its real meaning. This scripture will make more sense if you put the missing word in.

For unto every one that hath faith shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not faith shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Are you suggesting I doctored a quote from the Bible...?

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on September 17, 2022, 02:25:12 PM
It's been said that the Church of England is the Tory Party at prayer. I was sceptical, but then I heard someone read out Matthew 25:29

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

This makers sense of the Tory leadership from 2017 on...
The Bible is much maligned as people rarely bother to find out its real meaning. This scripture will make more sense if you put the missing word in.

For unto every one that hath faith shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not faith shall be taken away even that which he hath.

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on September 17, 2022, 03:11:34 PM
If you want to give your money to the EU then there is nothing stopping you.
I can't think of any biblical references to the EU that could prompt such a response.

But if you're looking for fitting quotes, Wind in the Willows comes to mind, as the increasing number of fervent Leavers realise what's happening:

"But Mole stood still a moment, held in thought. As one wakened suddenly from a beautiful dream, who struggles to recall it, but can recapture nothing but a dim sense of the beauty in it, the beauty! Till that, too, fades away in its turn, and the dreamer bitterly accepts the hard, cold waking and all its penalties."...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on September 17, 2022, 02:25:12 PM
It's been said that the Church of England is the Tory Party at prayer. I was sceptical, but then I heard someone read out Matthew 25:29

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

If you want to give your money to the EU then there is nothing stopping you.
Algerie Francais !

patman post