Lizz is going to be unpopular

Started by Sheepy, September 20, 2022, 04:30:52 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2022, 11:50:10 PM
Be abuse it attracts the greatest talent to the U.K. and we stay at the head of finance in the city. More business comes through the U.K. and generates more tax. You'll no doubt dispute that, but that doesn't detract from it being the truth.

We might have to call Barry in then, so how long will it take exactly for them to pay back through tax the debt mountain, that they have done more than their fair share to create?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2022, 08:07:11 AM
All of that . Whilst paying themselves more and more for doing so.
Right now the poor would beg the government not to allow them the same reign, that's responsible.

Well, none of it is doing much for Steves anxiety problems, but as Liz says from the beginning she doesn't care. So, its wash, rinse, repeat.

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on September 22, 2022, 03:14:41 AM
When was that?

If you are thinking of 2008/09, that was largely caused by the banks lending money to poor folk who had no sense of responsibility and even less intention of paying the loans back.

What we should do is encourage the poor to have a sense of responsibility, but that is not likely to happen
All of that . Whilst paying themselves more and more for doing so.
Right now the poor would beg the government not to allow them the same reign, that's responsible. 

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 22, 2022, 03:14:41 AMIf you are thinking of 2008/09, that was largely caused by the banks lending money to poor folk who had no sense of responsibility and even less intention of paying the loans back.
They were stupid to lend the money in the first place then, all in pursuit of greed. Not to mention all the compartmentalised debt they were trading in said pursuit, much of it owed by people who couldn't afford it, who were sold it by bankers in pursuit of maximum payouts. 

Which is why bonusses were capped in the first place. They were clearly incentivising reckless and economically disastrous behaviour by a bunch of greedy bar stewards.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2022, 02:25:39 AM
The last time we had unlimited bankers' bonusses it generated such unrestrained greed that they tanked the global economy in pursuit of their own selfish greed.

And you think that kind of "talent" needs encouraging again?

When was that?

If you are thinking of 2008/09, that was largely caused by the banks lending money to poor folk who had no sense of responsibility and even less intention of paying the loans back.

What we should do is encourage the poor to have a sense of responsibility, but that is not likely to happen
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2022, 11:50:10 PM
Be abuse it attracts the greatest talent to the U.K. and we stay at the head of finance in the city. More business comes through the U.K. and generates more tax. You'll no doubt dispute that, but that doesn't detract from it being the truth.
The last time we had unlimited bankers' bonusses it generated such unrestrained greed that they tanked the global economy in pursuit of their own selfish greed.

And you think that kind of "talent" needs encouraging again?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2022, 11:26:30 PM
So removing the cap on W@nkers bonuses is a good idea,anyone explain how since we're still paying for the last bankers jamboree?
Because it attracts the greatest talent to the U.K. and we stay at the head of finance in the city. More business comes through the U.K. and generates more tax. You'll no doubt dispute that, but that doesn't detract from it being the truth.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

So removing the cap on wankers bonuses is a good idea,anyone explain how since we're still paying for the last bankers jamboree?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on September 21, 2022, 09:38:27 AM
How are the cuts to be funded then? Do you know something the rest of us don't? Because no one in the media or commentariat has a clue, and it is being taken as read that the only funding source for most of it is yet more borrowing.

Borrowing vast sums to line the pockets of those who are already wealthy is not good economics and is unlikely to prove to be good politics either.
They had been  borrowing large sums before Covid, to no effect other than boost the wealth of the wealthy . Why stop now?
It's all been a disaster for the country, and without doubt those future generations that used to be their prime concern . As for trickle down, that's why they borrow ,to prevent the need for to much trickle .

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on September 21, 2022, 09:32:52 AM
They are not unfunded cuts, believe me, the Treasury has been working on balancing this for weeks.
Union Flag
How are the cuts to be funded then? Do you know something the rest of us don't? Because no one in the media or commentariat has a clue, and it is being taken as read that the only funding source for most of it is yet more borrowing.

Borrowing vast sums to line the pockets of those who are already wealthy is not good economics and is unlikely to prove to be good politics either.

Barry

They are not unfunded cuts, believe me, the Treasury has been working on balancing this for weeks.
Union Flag
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 21, 2022, 01:57:43 AM
If she cuts my taxes I shall love her dearly :)
You and the rest of the "me, me, me" brigade no doubt will, but your votes were always in the bag anyway.

If her unfunded tax cuts mostly targeted at the better off should have a negative economic impact for millions though it will backfire politically.

And she is not going to gain much popularity by doing such things as allowing full reign to bankers' greed again, forgetting the lesson that it was actually that that tanked the global economy in 2008, not the Labour government.

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on September 20, 2022, 04:30:52 PM
Truss prepared to be an unpopular PM to boost economic growth (msn.com)
Or in other words we are about to crap on democracy from a great WEF height and you aren't going to like it one bit. But then neither are the Westminster party when people finally learn they only have a wasted vote whoever they give it too.

If she cuts my taxes I shall love her dearly :)
Algerie Francais !