Lizz is going to be unpopular

Started by Sheepy, September 20, 2022, 04:30:52 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

On the Brightside for Lizz Truss, although there is plenty of empty rhetoric, nobody is actually voting against it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 23, 2022, 04:03:00 PM
The Euro hasn't crashed Nick. It was mirrored on the Dollar when it was set up so anything above parity is actually a strength and considering the pound was once 1.40 a Euro three years ago and now its 1.12, you seriously need to take off your Brexit glasses when it comes to debating these things. The pound has crashed due to two things. The useless Lizard in number Ten and her even worse economic ideas.

Anyway, what use is a tax cut in your income when inflation is significantly above 1%? That isn't a trick question. That is merely a response to your wrong assertion of "What's not to like about a tax cut?" How about the impending inflation and parity of the pound because investors have no confidence in your spending and tax collection policy?
You're consistent, I'll give you that, Consistently wrong.
The Euro hasn't been anywhere 1.4 for almost 7 years and it was pre-Brexit. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 24, 2022, 10:01:00 AM
So you keep saying but you heard from them at a referendum and when the Tories told them they would complete their wishes, which we also told them was a mistake, but then we never tell you how you should vote, because we believe in one person one vote. You are hearing from them now as well, they are not voting Westminster party. We have told you from the beginning populism doesn't have a hierarchy, we are all just one.
What presumptuous shite. Changing the system by sitting on your arses, assuming of course as you do that you speak for everyone who doesnt vote when there are in fact many reasons. I personally know many people who never vote and not one of them "thinks" - I use the word loosely - like you. In most cases it is because they are entirely uninterested or just can't be arsed. In some cases it is because the people they support have no chance locally. Some have given up on any hope of changing anything. None of them spout your kind of shite about changing the world by not bothering. Not being heard merely guarantees the powers that be don't care what you think.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2022, 09:57:04 AM
You are telling us nothing concrete as ever. just rhetorical questions and guessing games. And the arrogant assumption in this that you speak for millions when we hear only you. lol
So you keep saying but you heard from them at a referendum and when the Tories told them they would complete their wishes, which we also told them was a mistake, but then we never tell you how you should vote, because we believe in one person one vote. You are hearing from them now as well, they are not voting Westminster party. We have told you from the beginning populism doesn't have a hierarchy, we are all just one.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 24, 2022, 09:47:07 AM
No I told you months ago, we are not feeding the Westminster party with ideas they can mess up any longer. So they can resume normal service. One of our previous mistakes.
You are telling us nothing concrete as ever. just rhetorical questions and guessing games. And the arrogant assumption in this that you speak for millions when we hear only you. lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2022, 09:38:39 AM
Why dont you tell us the answers instead of posing questions in the apparent hope that people will figure out what you are thinking and agree with you?

Afraid of being called out and made to look silly?

No I told you months ago, we are not feeding the Westminster party with ideas they can mess up any longer. So they can resume normal service. One of our previous mistakes.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 24, 2022, 08:51:58 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/boe-needs-to-hike-rates-next-week-to-calm-markets-deutsche-bank-analyst/ar-AA12acwy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2fdc8902216147deb7565c4a59a5dce7#comments
WEF policy, who stood up to them over the EU, who stood up to them over COVID, who stood up to them over illegal immigration, although on that one we failed, who will they try to punish the most so they fall in line faster? Who has taken everything they could throw at us and still said no this isn't right?
Why dont you tell us the answers instead of posing questions in the apparent hope that people will figure out what you are thinking and agree with you?

Afraid of being called out and made to look silly?

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/boe-needs-to-hike-rates-next-week-to-calm-markets-deutsche-bank-analyst/ar-AA12acwy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2fdc8902216147deb7565c4a59a5dce7#comments
WEF policy, who stood up to them over the EU, who stood up to them over COVID, who stood up to them over illegal immigration, although on that one we failed, who will they try to punish the most so they fall in line faster? Who has taken everything they could throw at us and still said no this isn't right?

HDQQ

It's all going pear shaped very quickly - today's budget has made the pound slump although that could just be a knee-jerk reaction. Despite the silly things Liz truss said during her leadership campaign, I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt but that's fading now. It's all a bit like a church organist who doesn't know which stops to pull out so they try them at random and the stained glass in the windows shatters!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 23, 2022, 06:23:20 PM
But that was last week Sheepy. I have already commented on that last week. Today you quoted me on the Lizards tax cuts and falling pound. That was and is 100% Tory bollocks.

Actually, it is WEF bolloxs which is being introduced at different levels everywhere.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 23, 2022, 06:17:56 PM
They all said they would back the Tories over Ukraine in whatever they deemed necessary, which means they all voted for it including opening the flood gates over profiteering and the crisis they all created.

But that was last week Sheepy. I have already commented on that last week. Today you quoted me on the Lizards tax cuts and falling pound. That was and is 100% Tory bollocks.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 23, 2022, 06:14:16 PM
Who voted for it this exactly? THE TORY MEMBERS who have just got a 32bn tax cut or the Tory BACKBENCHERS who have just got a 32bn tax cut? Not joe public Sheepy. Even Sunak, a Tory, said we should focus on inflation first. And Labour and the Lib Dems would tax the wealthy more. It is about time you realise that not every party is the same Sheepy. They don't even have the same policies on sorting out the economy of you must know. The misnomer that the Tories are the party of fiscal responsibility has now and truly been quashed.
They all said they would back the Tories over Ukraine in whatever they deemed necessary, which means they all voted for it including opening the flood gates over profiteering and the crisis they all created. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 23, 2022, 06:07:50 PM
Stop talking bollox Boycey looking for excuses to make the EU look good and the Tories bad for the sake of it. It doesn't matter who is in government parliament voted for it. Pretty much unanimously.

Who voted for it this exactly? THE TORY MEMBERS who have just got a 32bn tax cut or the Tory BACKBENCHERS who have just got a 32bn tax cut? Not joe public Sheepy. Even Sunak, a Tory, said we should focus on inflation first. And Labour and the Lib Dems would tax the wealthy more. It is about time you realise that not every party is the same Sheepy. They don't even have the same policies on sorting out the economy of you must know. The misnomer that the Tories are the party of fiscal responsibility has now and truly been quashed.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 23, 2022, 06:01:14 PM
I have already explained supply and demand on here last week and to be frank that kind of inflation there isn't much Truss can do unless she wants to reduce our consumption and work with the EU on bulk buying gas (so there are things she can do actually). Today's inflation is completely and utterly self inflicted. You are going to be buying (in real terms) more of the things you buy in other currencies, and with a consumer based economy (which the UK is) that is pretty much everything. And we don't even know if the falls has stopped yet. She is borrowing a f**king fortune and getting no tax in and that isn't exactly breeding confidence to investors. We have been here before with Argentina and to be frank if we actually had an economists in number 11, that would have been spelt out to the Dizzy Lizard before she bankrupt the nation. Instead Kwarteng said today will be a big day for the UK. He's fuckinh right. This will go down as Black Friday. The day the Lizard bankrupt the country.
Stop talking bollox Boycey looking for excuses to make the EU look good and the Tories bad for the sake of it. It doesn't matter who is in government parliament voted for it. Pretty much unanimously. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sean on September 23, 2022, 05:37:02 PM
An extremely disgusting Conservative government. Faisal islam reporting sterling in freefall down to 37 year lows against the dollar.
As Rachel Reeve highlighted , its tax cuts for the richest ,price rises for the rest of us.
Another foot forward in the road to being the next government for Keir and our Labour party.

Yeeesss Sean. Totally. At the moment a donkey would beat the Tories in the next election. They don't even know what they are doing. An economic freshman could do a better job than Truss and Kwarweng running the country.