UK's Truss says she'll slash taxes despite economic crisis

Started by Borchester, September 20, 2022, 08:37:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 24, 2022, 01:36:01 PM
I am sorry Pappy. The Mods hate you and want you to eat yourself to death, but I see you as a friend and worry about your health

:):)
I see you as vary nasty bastard.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

The place is full of geniuses Borchester if you are still in the land of the living, because now they reckon it will be a 100 billion boost for the economy,  but isn't that already swallowed by inflation and interest rate rises which just means borrowing more to pay for it at a higher rate, just creates more debt. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Borchester on September 21, 2022, 01:47:25 PM
It isn't that I don't understand Pappy, more that I don't care.

That said, that £50 monthly shortfall in your budget should keep your food bill and weight down, which will be a plus health and NHS cost wise. So that is something to the good

Mod edit

Enough of the insults

I am sorry Pappy. The Mods hate you and want you to eat yourself to death, but I see you as a friend and worry about your health

:):)
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 21, 2022, 01:37:26 PM
It is how you sell yourself around here.

Though in your case where serious ends and just trying to be funny begins is often not clear as the one merges into the other.

You are a good lad Steve, but you have the unfortunate belief that politics matter and should be taken seriously
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2022, 09:27:25 AM
Frankly the Tories, (government and party members,) seem to have no clue about how bad the situation is.  I don't know if they just don't care, are callous, ill-informed or incompetent.
The cost-of-living situation gets worse by the week. (My wife and I's monthly budget account for the household groceries/consumables was £50 short last month due to price rises. We have had to adjust what we pay into it.)

It isn't that I don't understand Pappy, more that I don't care.

That said, that £50 monthly shortfall in your budget should keep your food bill and weight down, which will be a plus health and NHS cost wise. So that is something to the good

Mod edit

Enough of the insults
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 21, 2022, 01:18:19 PM
Very kind of you to say so Steve.

:)
It is how you sell yourself around here.

Though in your case where serious ends and just trying to be funny begins is often not clear as the one merges into the other.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 21, 2022, 09:06:12 AM
Borchester doesn't give a stuff about the poor. He is a typical Tory. What's in it for him is all he cares about. Me, me, me.

Like all Tories if it's money for others, especially those who have least, it is reckless spending in his eyes. But if it's money to line his own pockets he suddenly morphs into a believer in magic money trees and bottomless pits.

Very kind of you to say so Steve.

:)
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2022, 09:27:25 AMI don't know if they just don't care, are callous, ill-informed or incompetent. 
I'd say it is a case of all of those.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 21, 2022, 09:06:12 AM
Borchester doesn't give a stuff about the poor. He is a typical Tory. What's in it for him is all he cares about. Me, me, me.

Frankly the Tories, (government and party members,) seem to have no clue about how bad the situation is.  I don't know if they just don't care, are callous, ill-informed or incompetent. 
The cost-of-living situation gets worse by the week. (My wife and I's monthly budget account for the household groceries/consumables was £50 short last month due to price rises. We have had to adjust what we pay into it.)

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2022, 07:44:09 AM
The problem is the poorest will only get their taxes cut by 63p

Like all Tories if it's money for others, especially those who have least, it is reckless spending in his eyes. But if it's money to line his own pockets he suddenly morphs into a believer in magic money trees and bottomless pits.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 20, 2022, 08:37:29 PM
https://archive.ph/bCpoO

Splendid girl.

Anyone who does not want a tax cut should send their share to me
The problem is the poorest will only get their taxes cut by 63p

Borchester

https://archive.ph/bCpoO

Splendid girl.

Anyone who does not want a tax cut should send their share to me
Algerie Francais !