UK's Truss says she'll slash taxes despite economic crisis

Started by Borchester, September 20, 2022, 08:37:29 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Radio Presenter Sarah Julian said to Truss today, "People were worried about whether they could heat their homes. They are now worried about whether they can afford their homes." That line deserves a high five. Truss sounds like a nervous wreak. Another line "mortgage rates are now higher than the savings in energy." Christ, she is a rabbit in headlights at the moment. Full on onslaught. lol

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on September 29, 2022, 09:49:07 AM
Probably not, I was amused by the foreign office statement which within a couple of days could actually be said the same for the UK.
I will take the comedy element as it was intended. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 29, 2022, 09:44:35 AM
Not with you Sheep?
Probably not, I was amused by the foreign office statement which within a couple of days could actually be said the same for the UK.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on September 29, 2022, 08:36:03 AM
Well that one has turned into an own goal, a bit of irony there if ever I saw any.
Not with you Sheep?

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 11:24:19 AM
Show me where the government advises against all but essential travel to Argentina? That's how the government word it. You keep your secrets to your self Pappy, no one will ever take you seriously.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/argentina

This is what it looks like when there is an adverse travel warning.

Well that one has turned into an own goal, a bit of irony there if ever I saw any. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 28, 2022, 12:02:38 PM

As for Argentina, again this is Tory divert tactics. I mentioned Argentina not to know whether Nick has been on holiday there but because Argentina borrowed too much, borrowed from the IMF and couldn't recoup that borrowing via tax to stabilise their currency and economy. It is pretty much the same thing the UK is about to do to itself if it doesn't change course. That is why the IMF gave the Trusstard a f**king warning to change course because if the UK economy crashes, it is the IMF who is going to be bailing them out.

Mod Comment

Edited to remove false allegations.
That was 20 years ago, I was there at the time (working), the government annexed everyone's bank accounts and spent their money.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 10:35:43 AM
Nick you very obviously have not read the latest Foreign Office travel advice for Argentina.
(My reasons for not wanting to go there are personal, and nothing to do with fear.)
This is still off topic. I created a thread for you to talk about Argentina and stuff. How many threads do you want to make all about you?
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 11:43:15 AM
Nick people on this forum unless you are a Tory don't know what debate is. When I want to be social I use a social forum.

As for Argentina, again this is Tory divert tactics. I mentioned Argentina not to know whether Nick has been on holiday there but because Argentina borrowed too much, borrowed from the IMF and couldn't recoup that borrowing via tax to stabilise their currency and economy. It is pretty much the same thing the UK is about to do to itself if it doesn't change course. That is why the IMF gave the Trusstard a f**king warning to change course because if the UK economy crashes, it is the IMF who is going to be bailing them out.

Mod Comment

Edited to remove false allegations.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 11:33:12 AM
Not interested Pappy, your posts contain nothing but empty words and it's pointless interacting with you, something the longtime sufferers of you no doubt learnt years ago. Your one liner clickbait will be ignored from now on.
Nick people on this forum unless you are a Tory don't know what debate is. When I want to be social I use a social forum. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 11:27:52 AM
I never stated it did. However there are several warnings. I repeat I do not want to go to Argentina for personal reasons and fear is not one of them.
Not interested Pappy, your posts contain nothing but empty words and it's pointless interacting with you, something the longtime sufferers of you no doubt learnt years ago. Your one liner clickbait will be ignored from now on. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 11:24:19 AM
Show me where the government advises against all but essential travel to Argentina? 

I never stated it did. However there are several warnings. I repeat I do not want to go to Argentina for personal reasons and fear is not one of them.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 10:35:43 AM
Nick you very obviously have not read the latest Foreign Office travel advice for Argentina.
(My reasons for not wanting to go there are personal, and nothing to do with fear.)
Show me where the government advises against all but essential travel to Argentina? That's how the government word it. You keep your secrets to your self Pappy, no one will ever take you seriously. 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/argentina

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 10:03:44 AM
 As for safety, there are ZERO negative travel advisories on the .GOV website

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2022, 09:28:57 AM
I would say confidence and credibility  gives it more  . Once you have that cash from taxation follows '

The government have gone very quiet since the announcments last week , that breeds uncertainty the one thing the markets dont like .
Im guessing the Conservative conference will come with some explaination of how the fiscal plan will work and along with a  rallying of the troops a more clear outlook .
The £ will get a little stronger and confidence will return to the markets and we will have lift off .

Well if we all push we may get a bump start .
And there is always the Futures investors that make money off misery, they love a good currency drop. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 08:52:38 AM
You could not be more wrong about me. There are many reasons I don't want to go to Argentina and being scared is not one of them.
The Foreign Office travel advice for Argentina is not very good either.
As for food I grew up in poverty and we ate anything and everything. (My mother used to say you can eat all of a pig except the oink.)
I can't think of any food foreign or domestic I don't like.
Always many reasons but you can never give a straight answer what they are. As for safety, there are ZERO negative travel advisories on the .GOV website and only one shooting almost 3 years ago. You're more likely to be targeted in London or Manchester.