Does this clean up the Met…?

Started by patman post, September 21, 2022, 06:41:17 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on September 25, 2022, 03:07:48 PM
Hope you're right. And I believe the days of "retirement through I'll health with full pension" before disciplinary hearings are held, are coming to an end.

It's a pity it has taken various levels of civil unrest demonstrations by various groups showing disquiet over policing practices to start this change happening...
Policing practices are fine its the adherence to them thats the problem 

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on September 25, 2022, 02:51:50 PM
That's the point though Pat,at one time nothing would've happened but people say now "awful what the police get up to" there's always been a rogue element difference is now they get pulled.
Hope you're right. And I believe the days of "retirement through I'll health with full pension" before disciplinary hearings are held, are coming to an end. 

It's a pity it has taken various levels of civil unrest demonstrations by various groups showing disquiet over policing practices to start this change happening...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 25, 2022, 01:56:40 PM
Ive always found the Met Police to be decent lads in general with a few idiots who shouldnt have passed the entry exam . The met dosn't  need cleaning up it needs proper leadership
The Met needs those "few idiots" cleared out from the ranks, and also those older ones higher up the ladder.

Let's hope the new commissioner is up to the job, and manages to clear out the rotten apples who have infiltrated the higher echelons of the force...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on September 25, 2022, 02:48:08 PM
What punishment they get is secondary — they were Police officers and have been found guilty of indulging in behaviour no public servant, who has legal powers over the public, should be doing.

But I guess its an advance that Police actually have to face punishment for their misdemeanours...
That's the point though Pat,at one time nothing would've happened but people say now "awful what the police get up to" there's always been a rogue element difference is now they get pulled.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 25, 2022, 12:24:50 PM
We will have to see if they go down.
What punishment they get is secondary — they were Police officers and have been found guilty of indulging in behaviour no public servant, who has legal powers over the public, should be doing.

But I guess its an advance that Police actually have to face punishment for their misdemeanours...

Streetwalker

Ive always found the Met Police to be decent lads in general with a few idiots who shouldnt have passed the entry exam . The met dosn't  need cleaning up it needs proper leadership 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 21, 2022, 06:41:17 PM
Metropolitan Police officer and ex-PC face jail for swapping grossly offensive misogynistic and racist messages in WhatsApp group with Sarah Everard's killer Wayne Couzens

• Met officers Jonathon Cobban and Joel Borders found guilty in court today
  • Cobban, 35 is a serving officer and Borders, 45, is a former PC for the Met Police
  • They 'joked' with Sarah Everard's killer Wayne Couzens about raping colleagues
  • At Westminster Magistrates' Court Judge Turnock said they could face prison

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11235451/Met-Police-officers-guilty-sexist-racist-chat-Sarah-Everard-killer-Wayne-Couzens.html

So, does this clean up the Met...?
We will have to see if they go down. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Metropolitan Police officer and ex-PC face jail for swapping grossly offensive misogynistic and racist messages in WhatsApp group with Sarah Everard's killer Wayne Couzens

• Met officers Jonathon Cobban and Joel Borders found guilty in court today
  • Cobban, 35 is a serving officer and Borders, 45, is a former PC for the Met Police
  • They 'joked' with Sarah Everard's killer Wayne Couzens about raping colleagues
  • At Westminster Magistrates' Court Judge Turnock said they could face prison

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11235451/Met-Police-officers-guilty-sexist-racist-chat-Sarah-Everard-killer-Wayne-Couzens.html

So, does this clean up the Met...?