Whose side are they on?

Started by srb7677, September 23, 2022, 10:10:09 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 23, 2022, 10:54:43 AM
How is targerting the most vulnerable fair whilst giving bankers uncapped bonuses fair when we are still paying for their last round of greed?
Seeing as we are playing don't answer anything...

Please explain how they are being targeted?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2022, 10:46:53 AM
How is abolishing bonuses and keeping corporation tax the same attacking the poor?
How is targerting the most vulnerable fair whilst giving bankers uncapped bonuses fair when we are still paying for their last round of greed?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 23, 2022, 10:39:45 AM
Well those least able to defend themselves are being targeted,people with a learning disabilty and others who rely on care have seen a massive increase in the contribution they have to make.

Even during the pandemic when so many services were cut they still had to cough up,it is a hidden tax hitting the most vulnerable,there used to be a fair charge but May abolished that whilst directing work to G4S a company her husband has connections to.

When Thatcher emptied the institutions where so many had been unfairly held and treated appallingly after care so many were left with just £14 per week for clothes entertainment and day to day living expenses,then independent livin was introduced and this enabled so many to live a life in the community but now we're returning to the dark days of the vulnerable living in penury.

https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2021/04/13/social-care-cuts-increased-charges-causing-huge-distress-disabled-people/#.Yy177rTMIok
How is abolishing bonuses and keeping corporation tax the same attacking the poor?

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on September 23, 2022, 10:10:09 AM

Does this make you feel like they are on your side?

Oh Yes !  Cutting taxes ,whats not to like ?

cromwell

Well those least able to defend themselves are being targeted,people with a learning disabilty and others who rely on care have seen a massive increase in the contribution they have to make.

Even during the pandemic when so many services were cut they still had to cough up,it is a hidden tax hitting the most vulnerable,there used to be a fair charge but May abolished that whilst directing work to G4S a company her husband has connections to.

When Thatcher emptied the institutions where so many had been unfairly held and treated appallingly after care so many were left with just £14 per week for clothes entertainment and day to day living expenses,then independent livin was introduced and this enabled so many to live a life in the community but now we're returning to the dark days of the vulnerable living in penury.

https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2021/04/13/social-care-cuts-increased-charges-causing-huge-distress-disabled-people/#.Yy177rTMIok
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Sounds good to me, especially the Corporation Tax. 

srb7677

Well the government have just announced the abolition of the cap on bankers' bonusses and the cancellation of planned rises in corporation tax.

Does this make you feel like they are on your side?

Because to me it looks like they are on the side of the wealthy elites, and not mine.

Little wonder that thus far polling shows Truss to be behind the witless Starmer on most measures, which is clearly not a good place to be.

The Tories seem intent upon gifting the next election to the least deserving Labour leader in living memory. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.