Whose side are they on?

Started by srb7677, September 23, 2022, 10:10:09 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Good old on September 23, 2022, 02:08:02 PM
The EU doesn't force us to keep it as a tax.To think it does is all part of the dream that has helped us to the all round mess we are in.
Learn to read. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on September 23, 2022, 06:10:54 PM
You've posted the same link again, which I've read.
Yes I posted it again because you appear to have ignored it

QuoteTargeting is a deliberate act.
So are you saying that when there was in place a fair amount that disabled had to pay which a tory govt ripped up and said charge what you like is ok?

QuoteThese local authorities are having to make cuts in social care for reasons I'm not fully aware of.
It seems to be driven by a lack of L.A. funding, which is not deliberate, so I can't see how it is targeted.
Yes you are fully aware because you go on to say it is driven by a lack of funding from central govt.

Not deliberate.....so they didn't know what the result would be?

Yes they did.

QuoteIn an ideal world, we would have enough funding for everyone who needs it. Maybe Labour would do better for the disabled?

So in a less than ideal world you are saying it is ok to give bankers carte blanche on bonuses (we're still paying the price) when they brought this country to it's knees also give the biggest breaks to the wealthiest that's fine too but sod the vulnerable.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 23, 2022, 05:45:21 PM
Yes they are
https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2021/04/13/social-care-cuts-increased-charges-causing-huge-distress-disabled-people/#.Yy3h27TMIok

I know of one person was paying 5 years ago £7 per week toward their care now paying over £120 per weeek,level of care not changed.

Wouldn't you agree that is being made a target?
You've posted the same link again, which I've read.
Targeting is a deliberate act. These local authorities are having to make cuts in social care for reasons I'm not fully aware of.
It seems to be driven by a lack of L.A. funding, which is not deliberate, so I can't see how it is targeted.
In an ideal world, we would have enough funding for everyone who needs it. Maybe Labour would do better for the disabled?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on September 23, 2022, 01:57:33 PM
Don't need a picture, but need some evidence the vulnerable are being targeted. Are they?
Yes they are
https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2021/04/13/social-care-cuts-increased-charges-causing-huge-distress-disabled-people/#.Yy3h27TMIok

I know of one person was paying 5 years ago £7 per week toward their care now paying over £120 per weeek,level of care not changed.

Wouldn't you agree that is being made a target?

B0ycey

F@@@ me, Lizzy has her spend and taxation cut sensation and the Pound is 1.10 to the Dollar. To put that into context it is much lower that the 1.60 before Brexit and significantly lower than the 1.17 during Brexit negotiations. If Lizzy can't get a proper Chancellor in number 11 to actually explain in very simple terms she hasn't got a clue what she is doing, inflation is going to swallow up the 1p income tax relief (it already has) and the UK is going bankrupt due to lack of revenue returns to the exchequer. I knew Lizzy was the piss poor choice between her and Sunak but my got I was hoping not to be right. Seems we are fucked.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2022, 01:05:55 PM
I believe?? That the 7% VAT was forced upon us by the EU. Or did I dream that 😆

The EU doesn't force us to keep it as a tax.To think it does is all part of the dream that has helped us to the all round mess we are in.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 23, 2022, 01:17:11 PM
For you and Barry the point is why are the vulnerable being hit when the wealthiest are being taken good care of.

Would you like me to draw you a picture? :P
Don't need a picture, but need some evidence the vulnerable are being targeted. Are they?
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on September 23, 2022, 10:10:09 AM

The Tories seem intent upon gifting the next election to the least deserving Labour leader in living memory.

Doesn't look like much of a gift to me. 

Barry

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2022, 01:05:55 PM
Maybe a dream, possibly a nightmare.
What 7% VAT? What on earth are you talking about?
We're not in the EU any more, are we?
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on September 23, 2022, 10:54:43 AM
How is targerting the most vulnerable fair whilst giving bankers uncapped bonuses fair when we are still paying for their last round of greed?
Rescuing the banks was as essential as the financial support dished out during the pandemic.

Today's mini-budget's failure to address the particular problems of the least well off in society while concentrating on business and the economy, is not surprising given the people who now form the current government. Much of the responsibility for that must lie with the many voters who were persuaded by the fairy-tales and poorly camouflaged xenophobia of Brexit's self-serving ambitious cheating and lying promoters.

The Brexit vote ultimately pushed many of the more able, caring and capable people out of government, and made its best known self-serving ambitious cheating and lying of its promoters, the models for others to take up posts in subsequent administrations.

Thanks to Brexit voters being so easily hoodwinked, most of UK politics is now blighted by a coarseness and dishonesty that even the worst rough and tumble of the postwar years never sunk to...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2022, 12:33:35 PM
And like I said, how is bankers bonuses and Corporation tax adversely hitting the poor. Which was the OP BTW.
For you and Barry the point is why are the vulnerable being hit when the wealthiest are being taken good care of.

Would you like me to draw you a picture? :P

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 23, 2022, 12:48:11 PM
I read that and wondered why you had posted a link from April in a thread about something happening today. Has the Smurf convinced you the government are targeting the vulnerable?

Meanwhile, on topic, the government look as if they are trying to stimulate business and allow more cash to be kept in the economy. This has been the highest taxing government for many years. It needs to reduce that to a Tory level of taxation.
There's not much for those on benefits or non tax payers, I will agree.

Talking of tax - each time I go shopping for ordinary things I end up paying about £7 in VAT. The government giving us money to alleviate the cost of living rise is an illusion. People are easily tricked.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 23, 2022, 12:24:59 PM
really?
Reading post #2 might be a start
I read that and wondered why you had posted a link from April in a thread about something happening today. Has the Smurf convinced you the government are targeting the vulnerable?

Meanwhile, on topic, the government look as if they are trying to stimulate business and allow more cash to be kept in the economy. This has been the highest taxing government for many years. It needs to reduce that to a Tory level of taxation.
There's not much for those on benefits or non tax payers, I will agree.

Talking of tax - each time I go shopping for ordinary things I end up paying about £7 in VAT. The government giving us money to alleviate the cost of living rise is an illusion. People are easily tricked.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 23, 2022, 12:24:59 PM
really?
And like I said, how is bankers bonuses and Corporation tax adversely hitting the poor. Which was the OP BTW. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2022, 12:12:54 PM
Seeing as we are playing don't answer anything...

really?

QuotePlease explain how they are being targeted?