Whose side are they on?

Started by srb7677, September 23, 2022, 10:10:09 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Sheepy on September 26, 2022, 08:53:02 PM
Funny and it was never an island before the EU.
Bevan noticed the fact many years ago when he said: This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish.

He wasn't entirely correct, of course, but he did notice that Britain is an island and this was many decades ago and he wasn't alone...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on September 27, 2022, 09:44:41 AM
We're probably best without a trade deal with Uncle Sam, as the only people to benefit would be them.
Exactly the same as with a trade deal with the EU, the problem being the only people with enough brains or bottle to stand up for the UK are either bought and paid by either of them or both, all we have left is rabbits caught in the headlights. So, we constantly arrive on the back foot without much to offer but a begging bowl, sad but true.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

We're probably best without a trade deal with Uncle Sam, as the only people to benefit would be them.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2022, 10:50:19 PM
There are many deals in progress, the CPTPP deal should be completed this year and that adds 11 new countries and will make it the biggest trading block in the world, bigger than the EU. We also have deals underway with the USA and India which would be another 1.8 billion people to deal with.
The Truss trade agreements thus far will damage British farming. Still precisely zero has been done about the bivalve mollusc problem.  As for any deal with the USA the Tories are stupid enough to signs an agreement with an Investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) clause in it. The USA has rarely if ever lost a case.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 26, 2022, 10:37:46 PM
I am saying it is basically the same one they had the the EU. I expect there is some changes,but I remember when it was signed the talk was they pretty must copied and pasted the EU deal which is why it was sorted as quickly as it was. But even so, where are these countries knocking on our door?
There are many deals in progress, the CPTPP deal should be completed this year and that adds 11 new countries and will make it the biggest trading block in the world, bigger than the EU. We also have deals underway with the USA and India which would be another 1.8 billion people to deal with. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2022, 10:30:59 PM
Rubbish, the U.K. deal with Japan is very different from the one with the EU, that's why it is listed as new on the BBC, or are you saying they don't know what they're talking about?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842
I am saying it is basically the same one they had the the EU. I expect there is some changes,but I remember when it was signed the talk was they pretty must copied and pasted the EU deal which is why it was sorted as quickly as it was. But even so, where are these countries knocking on our door?

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 26, 2022, 10:23:28 PM
Japan was the same one we had in the EU, not heard of New Zealand and we haven't sorted out the protocol with the EU. It is you who is always wrong.
Rubbish, the U.K. deal with Japan is very different from the one with the EU, that's why it is listed as new on the BBC, or are you saying they don't know what they're talking about?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2022, 10:20:38 PM
Once again your info is wrong.
We have new deals with Japan, Australia , New Zealand and we also have a new deal with the EU.
Japan was the same one we had in the EU, not heard of New Zealand and we haven't sorted out the protocol with the EU. It is you who is always wrong.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 26, 2022, 10:00:19 PM
And FYI, we have made ONE trade deal from scratch with Australia. The rest were pre existing ones we had when part of the EU.
Once again your info is wrong. 
We have new deals with Japan, Australia , New Zealand and we also have a new deal with the EU. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2022, 09:41:03 PM
Our biggest trading partner in the EU is the Netherlands, why would they haul it to Calais when Felixstowe is straight across.

As for trade, we have more trade deals than the EU by a long way.
Netherlands is just one country from 27. Calais is busier because I guess Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal Germany find it easier to send there. Either way, wherever they send their shit to us, they are our biggest trading partner. 

And FYI, we have made ONE trade deal from scratch with Australia. The rest were pre existing ones we had when part of the EU. 

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 26, 2022, 08:13:02 PM
Don't think you can avoid Dover being an entry point when most of our imports come from the EU.

By the way, how are these trade deal coming along? Is the door still standing?
Our biggest trading partner in the EU is the Netherlands, why would they haul it to Calais when Felixstowe is straight across. 

As for trade, we have more trade deals than the EU by a long way. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 26, 2022, 08:12:29 PM
When Felixstowe isn't on strike. (I would like to know where you got the UK changing entry ports from please.)
I posted a link ages ago, go and find the info yourself. 

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 26, 2022, 08:54:09 PM
True, without massive infrastructure investment. (Which shows no sign of happening.) As for the Brexit worshippers it will be too late before they realise it is thus far, a massive failure.
At least Smurfy admits it is all in his name.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 26, 2022, 08:19:51 PM
Dover isn't going anywhere Pappy.
True, without massive infrastructure investment. (Which shows no sign of happening.) As for the Brexit worshippers it will be too late before they realise it is thus far, a massive failure.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 26, 2022, 08:19:51 PM
Dover isn't going anywhere Pappy. Its the busiest water way on the planet. It is just Brexiteers talking shit like always. They think that No Deal was an option but they cannot work out that the UK is just an island in the sea and we are a consumer based economy not a net exporter. I know you are trying your best at explaining that Brexit was a f**k up but when someone genuinely believe Johnson and Frost are on "remainers" side, you cannot debate that kind of stupidity can you.

Funny and it was never an island before the EU.