Main Menu

Populist victory in Italy!

Started by HallowedBrexit, September 26, 2022, 07:57:16 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 04:34:22 PM
I don't think continental Europe or the UK think the same Sheepy. Brexit improved the polls for the EU popularity when people could see the f**k up the withdrawal was. And the Ukraine crisis has improved opinion more. The EU dream Continues on.
Sure, just a figment of the imagination then.LOL
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 27, 2022, 03:58:42 PM
It is failing on every level, or otherwise you wouldn't have countries leaving and people in their millions voting against it for a start.

I don't think continental Europe or the UK think the same Sheepy. Brexit improved the polls for the EU popularity when people could see the F@@@ up the withdrawal was. And the Ukraine crisis has improved opinion more. The EU dream Continues on.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 11:53:29 AM
As I have said, Meloni hasn't made indication she is planning on leaving the EU. Italy also uses the Euro, which makes leaving the EU more difficult than Poland and Hungary which have their own Zloty and Florint respectively given their monetary system requires the existence of the ECB. Whatever the reason, Hungary and Poland aren't planning on leaving the EU and NEITHER IS ITALY. It is just more Brexiteer hope given they have made us leave the club and now want the club to fail given it is clear it was a mistake to do so.

It is failing on every level, or otherwise you wouldn't have countries leaving and people in their millions voting against it for a start. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2022, 11:21:11 AM
Hungary can't afford to leave the EU, Italy is a contributor to the tune of 7 billion so can. Either way, the EU is going to have a rough ride now 3 countries will be giving it to them.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/italy-gets-new-tranche-of-eu-funds-as-dust-settles-from-vote/ar-AA12ismy

I don't see it myself, I'm shocked that such a basket case country in such need of EU bailouts, whose northern half is to quote a pundit "in pole position to receive EU handouts having been the first country to shutter itself with a COVID lockdown" (for shutter I think they mean screw or shaft) is in any position to be a net contributor, i guess losing the UK's trough of cash hurt more than the EU is letting on
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 27, 2022, 02:55:59 PM
No, he is just their elected leader and therefore the go-to guy for their policies.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.
Labour makes collective decisions when it comes to policy. Starmer does not want PR but the conference has voted for PR.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2022, 11:25:41 AM
Starmer is NOT the Labour party.
No, he is just their elected leader and therefore the go-to guy for their policies.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 11:53:29 AM
As I have said, Meloni hasn't made indication she is planning on leaving the EU. Italy also uses the Euro, which makes leaving the EU more difficult than Poland and Hungary which have their own Zloty and Florint respectively given their monetary system requires the existence of the ECB. Whatever the reason, Hungary and Poland aren't planning on leaving the EU and NEITHER IS ITALY. It is just more Brexiteer hope given they have made us leave the club and now want the club to fail given it is clear it was a mistake to do so.
I dont think anyone is expecting Italy to leave the EU . 
A failing Europe is not in anyones interests ,niether is a federal one ,the Italian vote has made that now unlikely 

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 27, 2022, 11:46:49 AM
A survey after the brits left the European Parliament showed 28% of MEP's described themselves as 'eurosceptic'  . Thats not to say they were all hardline leavers but more akin to the right of our conservative party who thought change from within was the best way to go .
Poland and Hungary needs EU money ,Obans power base is almost exclusively built on EU subsidies that are distributed amoung 'freinds' .

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 11:14:48 AM
Obran isn't asking to leave the EU either. Whether or not she votes the way Germany expects is different to taking down the establishment. Continental Europe has never been so united in the EU, they are divided on migration not its core values.
A survey after the brits left the European Parliament showed 28% of MEP's described themselves as 'eurosceptic'  . Thats not to say they were all hardline leavers but more akin to the right of our conservative party who thought change from within was the best way to go .
 Poland and Hungary needs EU money ,Obans power base is almost exclusively built on EU subsidies that are distributed amoung 'freinds' . 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 27, 2022, 11:10:53 AM
You're serious ?

Ok. The wider message in her speech was clearly that she self identified as a woman because she had the physical hardware to bear children and had done so. Compare that to Labours stance on what defines a woman.

She also made other statements in that video defining herself as an Italian, and a believer in God. But I chose the two Starmer has avoided the most.
Starmer is NOT the Labour party. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 11:14:48 AM
Obran isn't asking to leave the EU either. Whether or not she votes the way Germany expects is different to taking down the establishment. Continental Europe has never been so united in the EU, they are divided on migration not its core values.
Hungary can't afford to leave the EU, Italy is a contributor to the tune of 7 billion so can. Either way, the EU is going to have a rough ride now 3 countries will be giving it to them. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2022, 11:09:21 AM
She aligns herself with Viktor Orban and follows many of his principles. Hungary is now not being treated as a full member of the EU as they refuse to play ball so how you can say she isn't against the EU is a mystery?
Obran isn't asking to leave the EU either. Whether or not she votes the way Germany expects is different to taking down the establishment. Continental Europe has never been so united in the EU, they are divided on migration not its core values.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2022, 10:52:57 AM
What has made you come to that strange conclusion about Labour?
You're serious ? 

Ok. The wider message in her speech was clearly that she self identified as a woman because she had the physical hardware to bear children and had done so. Compare that to Labours stance on what defines a woman.

She also made other statements in that video defining herself as an Italian, and a believer in God. But I chose the two Starmer has avoided the most.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 10:55:23 AM
Because they want to think there is a narrative here. I doubt she even thinks of UK politics or our parties. She is anti asylum, not anti EU. She isn't taking down the EU, but the hatred of Brussels on here don't even know where she stand on things.
She aligns herself with Viktor Orban and follows many of his principles. Hungary is now not being treated as a full member of the EU as they refuse to play ball so how you can say she isn't against the EU is a mystery? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.