Pressure drops in Nord Stream pipelines as gas leaks into sea

Started by papasmurf, September 27, 2022, 12:55:40 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2022, 08:22:01 PM
A good question as it now appears three pipelines are breached and with three separate explosions. That put accident out of the picture.
While the pipe wasn't running, it hardly matters. But Ukraine blame Russia, Russia seem perplexed and think Ukraine and Denmark hasn't a clue. Russia have the option of shutting the tap off so I don't really know why they would benefit from this. And Europe would be more than happy for the gas if it could flow. So the only actors who could benefit from this is the US perhaps? But I doubt they would do this. I know depressurisation can cause gas explosions and it wouldn't surprise me given it wasn't running that was what it was.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 27, 2022, 08:18:46 PM
I wonder who is responsible for that, someone with a submarine, so likely a state actor. USA?
A good question as it now appears three pipelines are breached and with three separate explosions. That put accident out of the picture.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I wonder who is responsible for that, someone with a submarine, so likely a state actor. USA?
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2022, 12:55:40 PM
This is worrying, "sabotage suspected."

More at link:-

https://www.intellinews.com/pressure-dropped-in-nord-stream-pipelines-gas-leaks-from-pipes-into-sea-257678/?source=russia

By bne IntelliNews September 27, 2022

Pressure fell in both branches of the Nord Stream gas pipeline from the giant Russian Yamal Arctic gas fields to Germany during the evening of September 26, reportedly due to a leak in the NS2 pipeline.
The leaks were reported by the Danish authorities, which ordered ships to maintain a 5-km radius away from the pipelines that run under the Baltic Sea through Danish waters, describing the area as "dangerous for ship traffic."

Russian state-owned gas giant Gazprom referred questions about the leakage to the Nord Stream 2 operator.
"Overnight the Nord Stream 2 landfall dispatcher registered a rapid gas pressure drop on Line A of the Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline," Nord Stream 2's operator said in a statement adding pressure in the pipeline dropped from 105 to 7 bars overnight.

why worrying ?

Germans will freeze to death but Starmer has it all sorted out for the UK. He said so so it must be true.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

This is worrying, "sabotage suspected."

More at link:-

https://www.intellinews.com/pressure-dropped-in-nord-stream-pipelines-gas-leaks-from-pipes-into-sea-257678/?source=russia

By bne IntelliNews September 27, 2022

Pressure fell in both branches of the Nord Stream gas pipeline from the giant Russian Yamal Arctic gas fields to Germany during the evening of September 26, reportedly due to a leak in the NS2 pipeline.
The leaks were reported by the Danish authorities, which ordered ships to maintain a 5-km radius away from the pipelines that run under the Baltic Sea through Danish waters, describing the area as "dangerous for ship traffic."

Russian state-owned gas giant Gazprom referred questions about the leakage to the Nord Stream 2 operator.
"Overnight the Nord Stream 2 landfall dispatcher registered a rapid gas pressure drop on Line A of the Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline," Nord Stream 2's operator said in a statement adding pressure in the pipeline dropped from 105 to 7 bars overnight.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe