Not sure I've got the energy to ask

Started by cromwell, September 27, 2022, 03:17:52 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 05:03:57 PM
No I haven't.
Of course you have Cromwell. The Tories sold the golden goose and they don't want to tax North Sea Oil because they want Shell and BP to use their profits to invest in energy instead. How exactly is this privatisation? Starmer wants to nationalise energy by 2030 and be 100% self reliant. So please explain to me here and now why you haven't back the wrong horse.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 04:27:13 PM
Starmer announced a program to nationalise our energy today Cromwell.
No he did not. I was watching the speech. He did no such thing. You are confused.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-pledges-to-create-publicly-owned-energy-company-to-cut-bills-and-create-jobs-12706291

Tuesday 27 September 2022 17:11, UK

Sir Keir Starmer has announced that a Labour government will create Great British Energy - a new, publicly owned company that will generate renewable sources "to cut bills, create jobs and deliver energy independence".

The role of GB Energy will be to provide additional capacity alongside the private sector, to establish the UK as a clean energy superpower and guarantee long term energy security, the [color=var(--link-color)]Labour[/url] leader said.

[/i][/font][/size][/color]
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 04:27:13 PM
Starmer announced a program to nationalise our energy today Cromwell. But you keep singing the Tory line of "No Windfall Tax for the poor". You're backing the wrong party if you want nationalised energy.
No I haven't.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 03:17:52 PM
but the costs seems to have gone on the back burner (if you'll excuse the expression) but nobody on here has yet given a good reason why it shouldn't go back in to public ownership.
Starmer announced a program to nationalise our energy today Cromwell. But you keep singing the Tory line of "No Windfall Tax for the poor". You're backing the wrong party if you want nationalised energy.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 03:17:52 PM
but the costs seems to have gone on the back burner (if you'll excuse the expression) but nobody on here has yet given a good reason why it shouldn't go back in to public ownership.
Probably because there isn't one 

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?