Not sure I've got the energy to ask

Started by cromwell, September 27, 2022, 03:17:52 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2022, 07:27:20 PM
But that is NOT nationalised energy. Nationalization is the process of taking privately-controlled companies, industries, or assets and putting them under the control of the government. Starmer is NOT proposing that.

Pappy, you are now being obtuse. I don't know how many times I need to write the same f**king thing. I did not say he was Nationalising the Energy sector. I did not even use the term Nationalisation once. I will admit I was being vague in my post to Cromwell to make out that Starmers announcement was better than it was but I 100% made it clear he was Nationalising energy not the f**king sector when you piped up.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 07:24:45 PM
It is by definition nationalised energy Pappy given it is a publicly owned company run by the state.
But that is NOT nationalised energy. Nationalization is the process of taking privately-controlled companies, industries, or assets and putting them under the control of the government. Starmer is NOT proposing that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2022, 07:23:13 PM
Nationalisation is the government taking over private companies. That is NOT what Starmer is proposing.
I have not said Starmer is going to nationalise the energy sector Pappy. I have said four or five times now he isn't doing a Venezuela.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2022, 07:23:13 PM
No it is NOT nationalised energy.
It is by definition nationalised energy Pappy given it is a publicly owned company run by the state.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 07:19:21 PM
You talking cobblers :P :D
Quite, nationalising energy would be taking over ALL the private energy companies in Britain, (a lot of which are foreign owned.)
Starmer has NOT proposed that.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 07:19:21 PM
You talking cobblers :P :D
I am telling you what it is Cromwell. It is nationalised energy. But I wonder, are you so against Labour you would rather back BP and Shell doing the work for us?

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 06:04:04 PM
 Starmer wants to nationalise energy by 2030 
No he does NOT want to nationalise energy. 

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 06:06:46 PM
He announced GB energy Pappy. He isn't doing a Venezuela if that was what you are expecting. He is turning the UK into one big windmill by 2030.
That is NOT nationalising energy. 

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 07:02:37 PM
I'm implying nowt you're doing that you are confused again,setting up a publicly owned company is not nationalisation....comprendi.

What you talking about Cromwell? It is going to be a publicly owned company that makes energy. That is doing exactly what I said. Starmer is nationalising energy. I didn't say he was going to nationalise the energy sector (Venezuela) given the Tories have sold off the golden goose. He is basically going to make a competitor that is green, create jobs and more importantly make the UK self reliant by 2030.

If you wanted a government that was going to purge BP and Shell you should have backed Corbyn the last election BTW. Instead you backed Brexit which is a double whammy for the UK finances.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 06:43:31 PM
Starmer wasn't leader the last election. It was Corbyn who wanted to borrow to... Nationalise energy, transport, post, telecom, water etc, the very thing you are calling for now. And yes, Starmer wants to nationalise energy. He wants to set up a company called GB energy that is publicly owned that will reinvest in itself. He isn't doing a Venezuela if that is what you are implying so he clearly is going to have to work with the private sector given the Tories have sold off all the rights to the private sector.
I'm implying nowt you're doing that you are confused again,setting up a publicly owned company is not nationalisation....comprendi.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 06:37:19 PM
Cobblers,I voted tory for brexit because steamer promised a return to the eu,you need to grasp that voting for one party doesn't endorse all the policys.

And you backtracked smurfy  is right he's nationalising nowt.

And steamer plagiarised his idea from a post Barry made a while ago. :P Butt Kick
Starmer wasn't leader the last election. It was Corbyn who wanted to borrow to... Nationalise energy, transport, post, telecom, water etc, the very thing you are calling for now. And yes, Starmer wants to nationalise energy. He wants to set up a company called GB energy that is publicly owned that will reinvest in itself. He isn't doing a Venezuela if that is what you are implying so he clearly is going to have to work with the private sector given the Tories have sold off all the rights to the private sector.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 06:04:04 PM
Of course you have Cromwell. The Tories sold the golden goose and they don't want to tax North Sea Oil because they want Shell and BP to use their profits to invest in energy instead. How exactly is this privatisation? Starmer wants to nationalise energy by 2030 and be 100% self reliant. So please explain to me here and now why you haven't back the wrong horse.
Cobblers,I voted tory for brexit because steamer promised a return to the eu,you need to grasp that voting for one party doesn't endorse all the policys.

And you backtracked smurfy  is right he's nationalising nowt.

And steamer plagiarised his idea from a post Barry made a while ago. :P Butt Kick

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2022, 05:15:28 PM
No he did not. I was watching the speech. He did no such thing. You are confused.
He announced GB energy Pappy. He isn't doing a Venezuela if that was what you are expecting. He is turning the UK into one big windmill by 2030.