Not sure I've got the energy to ask

Started by cromwell, September 27, 2022, 03:17:52 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 01:45:23 PM
Easily both these are bad for UK farmers:-

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9484/#:~:text=The%20UK%20and%20Australia%20signed,rolled%2Dover%20previous%20EU%20deals.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/uk-new-zealand-free-trade-agreement
Bad for some of those UK farmers who don't really benefit the British economy.

But the NZ agreement is not that much different from what the UK got for it (and from it) within the EU. And the Australian deal will add very little to existing trade.

Perhaps the opening up of movement of personnel aged up to 35 could be of benefit — though I can see it could encourage emigration to Aus of qualified people rather than in the other direction.

NZ is unlikely to be attractive to anyone who doesn't yearn for a Britain of 50 years ago...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 08:18:21 AM
It's not just that, the fact we are supplying gas to the EU at this time is scandalous.
We should at least use it to get the trade deal sorted out.
Not much the UK can do when they don't own the gas in their fields Nick. Also, what can you do when Shell is part Dutch and most of our energy infrastructure is foreign owned and we buy electricity from France?

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 12:48:15 PM
I suggest taking a close look at those 71 trade deals, most them are frankly useless, as is the one with the EU.
Care to give a couple of examples — with a verifiable link, of course...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 28, 2022, 12:45:09 PM
Since Brexit, the UK has signed trade deals and agreements with 71 countries and one with the EU...

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/the-uks-trade-agreements#full-publication-update-history
I suggest taking a close look at those 71 trade deals, most them are frankly useless, as is the one with the EU.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 10:38:42 AM
WTO rules are a joke it is a failed organisation, (a legacy of trump.) I ask again what trade deal, and I am being serious.
Since Brexit, the UK has signed trade deals and agreements with 71 countries and one with the EU...

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/the-uks-trade-agreements#full-publication-update-history

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 10:36:10 AM
Are you suggesting we don't have a trade deal with the EU and are operating under WTO rules?
WTO rules are a joke it is a failed organisation, (a legacy of trump.) I ask again what trade deal, and I am being serious.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 08:53:46 AM
What trade deal?  (The Oven Ready one Boris lied about?)
Are you suggesting we don't have a trade deal with the EU and are operating under WTO rules? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 08:18:21 AM
It's not just that, the fact we are supplying gas to the EU at this time is scandalous.
What trade deal?  (The Oven Ready one Boris lied about?)

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 28, 2022, 07:46:25 AM
Oh well Borky if you think it ok we can be held hostage to foreign govts it must be great.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on September 28, 2022, 12:12:34 AM
Well, sort of Ollie.

The big hitter in terms of British wind power is Shell, which is now UK based
Oh well Borky if you think it ok we can be held hostage to foreign govts it must be great.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 10:55:06 PM

We're you aware that the majority of renewables in this country are foreign owned? and laughably so many of these foreign companies are state owned because they grasp the importance of secure energy supplies whilst Thatcherism has opened up our country and lay it bare to foreign states.

Well, sort of Ollie.

The big hitter in terms of British wind power is Shell, which is now UK based
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 08:25:50 PM
I don't know the exact date and time cromwell. I just know you used the term Worzel instead of Corbyn when criticising him last week or so. The irony is, the guys main manifesto pledge is EXACTLY what you want now and the Tories were the guys who sold off North Sea in the first place. And the Tories future plan is letting the energy sector keep their profits on the hope they invest in the energy sector in the future and Starmer is actually going to set up a nationalised company to build up the infrastructure needed to make the UK 100% self sufficient by 2030. And isn't that what you also want? For the UK to be energy self sufficient? And yet you will still call the guy steamer and vote Tories the next election. That Cromwell is what is known as turning full on Tory blue and going against your self interest. So how about giving the guy some credit.
Cobblers

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 09:58:49 PM
You mean Venezuela actually. Gazprom has always been state run. And given the forum is pretty much demanding that very thing, the only realistic alternative to a purge is creating a competitor which Starmer has announced. It still won't convince Cromwell to back Labour though. I suspect he backs the Tories on hoping North Sea Oil will invest their profits into our dried up oil field than create a green energy initiative of 100% self sufficience.

Not only do you falsely claim that I called Corbyn Worzel in the last few weeks you then cite again falsely that Steamer will nationalise energy,clearly you don't know the difference between nationalised and public owned.

You then (again falsely) claim to know my intentions and thought processes.

I won't be voting for Truss or the tories and steamer neither,one of the intentions of this thread was to show the lunacy of privatised energy.

We're you aware that the majority of renewables in this country are foreign owned? and laughably so many of these foreign companies are state owned because they grasp the importance of secure energy supplies whilst Thatcherism has opened up our country and lay it bare to foreign states.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 27, 2022, 09:58:49 PM
You mean Venezuela actually. Gazprom has always been state run. And given the forum is pretty much demanding that very thing, the only realistic alternative to a purge is creating a competitor which Starmer has announced. It still won't convince Cromwell to back Labour though. I suspect he backs the Tories on hoping North Sea Oil will invest their profits into our dried up oil field than create a green energy initiative of 100% self sufficience.
He's made his position quite clear several times and anymore attempting to bait mods will not be tolerated. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2022, 09:48:23 PM
And you think the government can just stroll in and take over PLC's listed on the stock exchange? Where do you think you are? Russia 😂