Papasmurf's it's all about me, me, me thread

Started by Barry, September 28, 2022, 09:58:07 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 06:05:50 PM
And the reason being?????
Lidl inadvertently prioritised the store in Truro and sent all the stuff there, nothing to do with the Tories. Finally we get there
The same in both branches.  Lidl has also purchased and chartered ships to get around supply chain problems. (More at Link.) :-

https://marineindustrynews.co.uk/lidl-buys-and-charters-container-ships-for-new-shipping-line/
Thursday, April 21st, 2022
German-headquartered international supermarket, Lidl, has reportedly reached agreements to charter three vessels and acquire a fourth.

The news comes as the company recently filed a trademark to start a new shipping line to transport its goods. The move aims to help reduce delays and ease transport costs amid the ongoing supply chain crisis.
Lidl plans to launch operations for Tailwind Shipping Lines within the next few months and is expected to operate its ships alongside the major shipping companies while continuing to work with the major carriers for a portion of its transportation needs.
The supermarket chain also confirmed that it plans to move on its own ships a portion of its volume, reported as being in the range of 400 to 500teu a week.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 05:56:30 PM
Not BS it is you needing to go to Specsavers and check next time you go to a Supermarket. (Lidl had very little veg last week, and that has been the same for several weeks.)
And the reason being?????
Lidl inadvertently prioritised the store in Truro and sent all the stuff there, nothing to do with the Tories. Finally we get there 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 05:51:02 PM
Just provide a couple of items then, otherwise it's BS.
Not BS it is you needing to go to Specsavers and check next time you go to a Supermarket. (Lidl had very little veg last week, and that has been the same for several weeks.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 05:21:16 PM
It would be a very long list. I would suggest the next time you go to a supermarket open your bloody eyes. The shortages reappeared weeks ago.
Just provide a couple of items then, otherwise it's BS. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 04:59:57 PM
And this is it in a nutshell, most people would outline what is missing but you don't, so in the absence of any meet on the bone I will just call BS.
It would be a very long list. I would suggest the next time you go to a supermarket open your bloody eyes. The shortages reappeared weeks ago.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 01:51:21 PM
They are Tories they are blind to shortages. I went to an Aldi in Truro recently the shelves were full, but a lot of [highlight]what I expected to see was missing[/highlight]. (Supermarkets are being creative at disguising shortages but there is a limit to that when shortages are severe.)
And this is it in a nutshell, most people would outline what is missing but you don't, so in the absence of any meet on the bone I will just call BS. 

Barry

Quote from: patman post on September 28, 2022, 01:18:59 PM
At the risk of imitating papasmurf and driving the thread off topic — have you honestly not noticed any shortages?
There has been shortages of "taste of India" curry sauces, which was rectified after I contacted customer services. Occasional shortages of specific types of orange juices, others were available and no shortage of oils. Yes, there have been occasional shortages of some carbonated drinks, but they are back now. So, nothing more than minor gaps.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 28, 2022, 02:56:19 PM
Not really Pappy.

The Tories clearly took what they wanted at prices they liked and left the rubbish for you.
That is a really stupid answer. 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 01:51:21 PM
They are Tories they are blind to shortages. I went to an Aldi in Truro recently the shelves were full, but a lot of what I expected to see was missing. (Supermarkets are being creative at disguising shortages but there is a limit to that when shortages are severe.)

Not really Pappy.

The Tories clearly took what they wanted at prices they liked and left the rubbish for you.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 28, 2022, 01:18:59 PM
At the risk of imitating papasmurf and driving the thread off topic — have you honestly not noticed any shortages?

They are Tories they are blind to shortages. I went to an Aldi in Truro recently the shelves were full, but a lot of what I expected to see was missing. (Supermarkets are being creative at disguising shortages but there is a limit to that when shortages are severe.)

patman post

Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2022, 12:30:01 PM
No need, PS, you can ignore this one if you like, but let's talk about going to London. When did you last go?
Oh, and are the shelves empty at your supermarkets in Cornwall, or are you still surviving on your rotated "prepper" stock?
While we're at it, is the granite still hard in Cornwall, or have you got an electric motorbike yet?

Here in Kent, we have massive stocks of everything, so if you need a bag of sugar, let me know.

I ask because around E8, N16 and N15, there are noticeable empty shelves for some products in Morrisons, Tesco, and Sainsburys. Particular cooking oils are specifically rationed at some stores.

There's no danger of food stores shutting up shop (yet), but the in-store baskets collecting goods for food banks are receiving fewer donations. And prices are definitely increasing...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2022, 12:30:01 PM
No need, PS, you can ignore this one if you like, but let's talk about going to London. When did you last go?
Oh, and are the shelves empty at your supermarkets in Cornwall, or are you still surviving on your rotated "prepper" stock?
While we're at it, is the granite still hard in Cornwall, or have you got an electric motorbike yet?

Here in Kent, we have massive stocks of everything, so if you need a bag of sugar, let me know.
I have no reason to go to London. (I used to go there on a regular basis in the 1970s when I was a juggernaut pilot.) I don't like towns or cities. In the last few weeks there have been empty shelves, (a lot of them,) at all the local Supermarkets.  I have no idea what rotated prepper stock is. The hardness of granite varies, the Serpentine use by local stone turners has been getting more difficult to find for some years.
I don't use sugar and I will never get an electric motorcycle.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 10:33:02 AM
I want thread of my own I will start one. 

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 10:33:02 AM
I want thread of my own I will start one. (Is commenting in a thread now banned unless you are a Tory?)
Mod Notice

Obviously not - you manage it.

papasmurf

I want thread of my own I will start one. (Is commenting in a thread now banned unless you are a Tory?)