Need some advice on currency speculation

Started by Borchester, September 28, 2022, 06:17:32 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on September 28, 2022, 06:24:12 PM
Unless you want to either be a stock broker or pay a stock broker, the easiest way to do this is go to your local post office and buy Dollars Borky. But you are betting on Sterling rising and not sinking and that is a confidence in Trussnomics nobody has in the economic universe.

Quite.

I could buy dollars, but I reckon that they will fall against the pound for the next year. So my idea is to buy dollars with pounds at a future date. I know that it can be done, but I don't want to incur mega brokerage fees or invest vast chunks of cash.

So keep thinking Boysie.

These currency crisis have been going on since Carcalla explained economics to his mum, with the UK getting one every ten years or so. With a bit of thought they could be become a variant upon the Christmas coal allowance. No great gains or excitement, but a gain and a bit of fun anyway.

Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on September 28, 2022, 06:17:32 PM
The pound is currently at the lowest it has been since the last time it was this low. Currently it is at £1.00 : $1.06 and will probably spend the next year crawling back up to about £1.00 v $1.20. That means about a 13% profit, which is better than a kick in gollies with a wet haddock.

But I am not Warren Buffett, I have no idea how the game is played and only want to risk about £1000 anyway.

So has anyone done anything like this before? If so any advice will be gratefully fully received

Many thanks in advance
Unless you want to either be a stock broker or pay a stock broker, the easiest way to do this is go to your local post office and buy Dollars Borky. But you are betting on Sterling rising and not sinking and that is a confidence in Trussnomics nobody has in the economic universe.

Borchester

The pound is currently at the lowest it has been since the last time it was this low. Currently it is at £1.00 : $1.06 and will probably spend the next year crawling back up to about £1.00 v $1.20. That means about a 13% profit, which is better than a kick in gollies with a wet haddock.

But I am not Warren Buffett, I have no idea how the game is played and only want to risk about £1000 anyway.

So has anyone done anything like this before? If so any advice will be gratefully fully received

Many thanks in advance
Algerie Francais !