When do the new mortgage rates come into force?

Started by Borchester, September 29, 2022, 10:06:05 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on September 29, 2022, 10:06:05 AM
I am probably not looking in the right place, but while I can find plenty of stories about mortgage rate rises, I can't find out when they actually kick in.

Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance
I normally get a letter stating the new rate and it comes into effect the following month. So from announcement to change is about 8 weeks. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Back in the day when I had one it was adjusted after the BoE  changed the interest rates which I think was twice a year . Today they seem to be at it every other week , I might be wrong .

I guess you will have to look at your terms , different mortgage companies act in different ways , I recall mine put them up the week after they went up and about 6 months after they went down . Thank (Im not swearing anymore ) the lord those days are behind me and my only worry is the price of a pint .

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 29, 2022, 10:06:05 AM
I am probably not looking in the right place, but while I can find plenty of stories about mortgage rate rises, I can't find out when they actually kick in.

Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance
For a new mortgage (if you can get one now.) If you have a fixed rate current mortgage when that fixed term runs out. If you don't have a fixed term mortgage very shortly.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance
Algerie Francais !