Moving the economic accent

Started by T00ts, September 29, 2022, 11:25:32 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on September 29, 2022, 11:25:32 AM
Ever since Blair and Brown's time the State has topped salaries via the Universal credit. Over time this has allowed companies to increase their profits while keeping salaries relatively low. The EU influx of cheap labour did the same. I have heard whispers over the years about wanting to make us a high earning low tax economy so is this mini budget going to do that?

I hear of employers experimenting with 4 day working weeks, still covering the same hours but over 4 days with the same pay. I have also heard of companies offering free meals at work to help with the cost of living. Is it not possible that the Government with their mini budget onslaught are actually trying to cut into the huge profits that people have been moaning about for so long and shifting the accent on employers and away from the State?

Is it also a warning shot across the Bank's bows who have once again been over lending which has increased house prices to an overblown level? Were we actually at a point where we were no longer competitive and drastic action had to follow? Is it that people have once again been drawn into a bubble that had to burst?
Don't know what any of this has to do with the top rate of income tax, banker bonuses or (lack of) windfall tax.

T00ts

Ever since Blair and Brown's time the State has topped salaries via the Universal credit. Over time this has allowed companies to increase their profits while keeping salaries relatively low. The EU influx of cheap labour did the same. I have heard whispers over the years about wanting to make us a high earning low tax economy so is this mini budget going to do that? 

I hear of employers experimenting with 4 day working weeks, still covering the same hours but over 4 days with the same pay. I have also heard of companies offering free meals at work to help with the cost of living. Is it not possible that the Government with their mini budget onslaught are actually trying to cut into the huge profits that people have been moaning about for so long and shifting the accent on employers and away from the State?

Is it also a warning shot across the Bank's bows who have once again been over lending which has increased house prices to an overblown level? Were we actually at a point where we were no longer competitive and drastic action had to follow? Is it that people have once again been drawn into a bubble that had to burst?