Covid cancels weekend away.

Started by papasmurf, September 29, 2022, 12:36:16 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: Barry on September 29, 2022, 06:25:32 PM
A nice sentiment, but perhaps your hoping about 2 people you have never met will not make a jot of difference. Almost worth a psychology style thread - don't you think?

You are welcome to create such a thread. 
Don't believe everything you think.

Barry

Quote from: Nalaar on September 29, 2022, 06:14:00 PM
Here's hoping the two in hospital recover soon.
A nice sentiment, but perhaps you're hoping about 2 people you have never met will not make a jot of difference. Almost worth a psychology style thread - don't you think?

Edited your to you're
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 05:58:51 PM
Sure, but that's despite the point. The decision not to go camping has nothing to do with Covid but because Pappy is a extrovert who loves being around like minded individuals.
It wasn't our decision so many people who were going have got Covid the event was cancelled.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

Here's hoping the two in hospital recover soon. 
Don't believe everything you think.

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on September 29, 2022, 05:51:33 PM
I don't have to explain anything — if Mr and Mrs pappy and don't want to go camping among diminished numbers, or on their own, I'd say that was up to them...
Sure, but that's despite the point. The decision not to go camping has nothing to do with Covid but because Pappy is a extrovert who loves being around like minded individuals.

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on September 29, 2022, 05:48:37 PM
I regularly visit an elderly neighbour who's currently in hospital. I use the hand sanitising stations and wear a mask when I visit. I also regularly test myself for Covid. One test showed positive, even though I wasn't noticing any symptoms.

Five days later, the test still showed positive, but the day after it was all clear, so I resumed my hospital visits.

I don't know what brand of Covid virus I had caught or whether my previous four jabs had lessened its effect, or if I'd had Covid before. But I intend to follow all advice as I've not been badly affected health-wise by Covid so far and I'd like to keep it that way...

As long as nothing shuts down, I don't care whether people people follow the advice or not. Once I had taken the vaccine my opinion is I have done the absolute limit I am prepared to do and now I will just carry on as normal. But that is what I am doing. Cotton wool is available at Boots and nails and wood at B&Q. 

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 05:42:20 PM
Unless the campsite closed because if it, you'll have to explain why he couldn't go Pat.
I don't have to explain anything — if Mr and Mrs pappy and don't want to go camping among diminished numbers, or on their own, I'd say that was up to them...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 02:38:59 PM
All quadrupled jabbed face mask wearers I expect. Sometimes you have to question the validation of restrictions when Pappy can't go camping despite going the extra mile cause his crew caught Covid.

Said it right from the start, doesn't matter how flat the curve gets, one way or another you were going to catch the Virus.
I regularly visit an elderly neighbour who's currently in hospital. I use the hand sanitising stations and wear a mask when I visit. I also regularly test myself for Covid. One test showed positive, even though I wasn't noticing any symptoms.

Five days later, the test still showed positive, but the day after it was all clear, so I resumed my hospital visits.

I don't know what brand of Covid virus I had caught or whether my previous four jabs had lessened its effect, or if I'd had Covid before. But I intend to follow all advice as I've not been badly affected health-wise by Covid so far and I'd like to keep it that way...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on September 29, 2022, 05:35:47 PM
Don't want to spoil this dumping-on-pappy fest, but wasn't the event cancelled by other people and not by him and his Mrs not wanting to go...?
Unless the campsite closed because if it, you'll have to explain why he couldn't go Pat. 

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 04:07:45 PM
I have the brass neck to write it because it is true Pappy. Your vaccine covers you for the variants it covers for six months and efficiency declines on different variants. But given you had just been vaccinated you'll have to entertain us on why you aren't going camping this weekend. Isn't the whole point of vaccination to protect you from the virus? And given you are on V5, if you ass isn't protected by now, then it's never going to be protected.
Don't want to spoil this dumping-on-pappy fest, but wasn't the event cancelled by other people and not by him and his Mrs not wanting to go...?

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2022, 03:54:31 PM
That is rubbish.  I surprised you had the brass neck to post that. I have just had my fifth Covid vaccination and that deals with the latest variants as well as the original. (If is effectively two vaccinations in one.)
I have the brass neck to write it because it is true Pappy. Your vaccine covers you for the variants it covers for six months and efficiency declines on different variants. But given you had just been vaccinated you'll have to entertain us on why you aren't going camping this weekend. Isn't the whole point of vaccination to protect you from the virus? And given you are on V5, if you ass isn't protected by now, then it's never going to be protected.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 03:44:13 PM
 Given the vaccines have a six month shelf life and don't work well with new variants
That is rubbish.  I surprised you had the brass neck to post that. I have just had my fifth Covid vaccination and that deals with the latest variants as well as the original. (If is effectively two vaccinations in one.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on September 29, 2022, 03:26:30 PM
From what I've read and heard, it would appear that the reduction in hospitalised Covid patients is due to the widespread take-up of vaccination and the other measures taken to limit virus spread.

As a nonmedical family member and parent — but getting info from a mum who is a senior nurse at an NHS hospital, and who was really frazzled working through the pandemic — I am prepared to accept the recommendations on protecting me and mine from seasonal upsurges in widespread bugs.

I also understand that a Covid vaccine's effectiveness diminishes over time, which is why boosters are recommended...

I doubt it Patman. Given the vaccines have a six month shelf life and don't work well with new variants I would say the main reason the numbers have declined is because Omicron is weak as piss and viruses overtime become less deadly as there isn't an evolution benefit of killing a host. It is up to Pappy to decide what he wants to do in any case. If he wants to wrap himself in cotton wool and nail shut the doors I am more than happy for him to do that. But given the weather he probably has missed the bullet anyway. Who the hell goes camping in October?

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 02:45:29 PM
Not against people taking the jab Patman, there clear are people who need it. But I suspect we have all had it ten times now and most of the time I suspect you weren't even aware of it. Besides, isn't Omicron as weak as piss but spreads like a bitch? Most of the beds in hospital now aren't even Covid related but catch up operations from the last time we closed everything down. Let's just live with it I say.
From what I've read and heard, it would appear that the reduction in hospitalised Covid patients is due to the widespread take-up of vaccination and the other measures taken to limit virus spread.

As a nonmedical family member and parent — but getting info from a mum who is a senior nurse at an NHS hospital, and who was really frazzled working through the pandemic — I am prepared to accept the recommendations on protecting me and mine from seasonal upsurges in widespread bugs.

I also understand that a Covid vaccine's effectiveness diminishes over time, which is why boosters are recommended...

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on September 29, 2022, 01:29:40 PM
Temperatures down. Doors and windows now closed more often in public buildings. Ideal conditions for the spread of cold, Corona variants, and flu viruses.

It's up to us to decide whether we want to take up the protection offered against this seasonal spread of disease...
Not against people taking the jab Patman, there clear are people who need it. But I suspect we have all had it ten times now and most of the time I suspect you weren't even aware of it. Besides, isn't Omicron as weak as piss but spreads like a bitch? Most of the beds in hospital now aren't even Covid related but catch up operations from the last time we closed everything down. Let's just live with it I say.