Voting Intention: Con 21%, Lab 54% (28-29 Sep 2022)

Started by papasmurf, September 29, 2022, 06:21:30 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 29, 2022, 07:06:09 PM
No one ever mentioned banning you, that was just in your head. All that was said was baiting Mods wouldn't be accepted.
I didn't bait anyone Nick but I wonder, what would that mean if I did?

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 07:02:58 PM
All I know Good Old is the hike in mortgage rates is significantly higher than both the energy saving and 1p tax cut combined. I doubt the letters from the bank have even been sent out yet. That 33pt lead has room to grow. [highlight]I have to thank Nick for not banning me yesterday.[/highlight] I am spending far too much time today on here and Truss is just giving me plenty of fuel to burn her party with and I love it!
No one ever mentioned banning you, that was just in your head. All that was said was baiting Mods wouldn't be accepted. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Good old on September 29, 2022, 06:52:28 PM
It's early days yet , but repossession was common place in the Late eighties early nineties ,no prizes for knowing who was in power. People make a lot of money out of these situations, people that trade in wealth that is, not your average householder, he/she tend to lose out. Should make you think but does it.?

All I know Good Old is the hike in mortgage rates is significantly higher than both the energy saving and 1p tax cut combined. I doubt the letters from the bank have even been sent out yet. That 33pt lead has room to grow. I have to thank Nick for not banning me yesterday. I am spending far too much time today on here and Truss is just giving me plenty of fuel to burn her party with and I love it!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2022, 06:48:56 PM
I am being realistic. The Tory doctrinal policies have put the country in the deep poo and their doctrinal policies will only make matters worse.
You're not being realistic, you have no clue what will happen in the next 2 years. It's perfectly feasible that the economy sorts its self out and voting intentions change. Just cause you don't want it to doesn't make it not possible. 

Good old

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 06:44:24 PM
I'm happy for you Pappy, I bought a cheaper house which means I was able to put a decent deposit from selling a house not to mention taxes are different up here. But even so we both can't avoid the inflation. And I am not confused on why Labour have just got this lead. It isn't the borrowing. It isn't even the inflation. It is because mortgages rates are about to go through the roof and there are more homeowner voters than even those of pension age!

It's early days yet , but repossession was common place in the Late eighties early nineties ,no prizes for knowing who was in power. People make a lot of money out of these situations, people that trade in wealth that is, not your average householder, he/she tend to lose out. Should make you think but does it.?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 29, 2022, 06:45:58 PM
If you say do, after all you know everything.
I am being realistic. The Tory doctrinal policies have put the country in the deep poo and their doctrinal policies will only make matters worse.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 06:44:24 PM
I'm happy for you Pappy, I bought a cheaper house which means I was able to put a decent deposit from selling a house not to mention taxes are different up here. But even so we both can't avoid the inflation. And I am not confused on why Labour have just got this lead. It isn't the borrowing. It isn't even the inflation. It is because mortgages rates are about to go through the roof and there are more homeowner voters than even those of pension age!
Back in 1984, courtesy of Thatcher, I had a 17.5% mortgage and a 17.5% bridging loan for six months and that was VERY scary.

Nick

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 29, 2022, 06:39:06 PM
Almost 2 years before there will be a GE, plenty of time to sort it out and Labour put their foot in it.
I would say more time for the Tories to put their foot in actually. At this rate it wouldn't surprise me if the Lib Dems become the opposition.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2022, 06:37:10 PM
We have been mortgage free since 1990. (We would be in the deep poo if we weren't.)
I'm happy for you Pappy, I bought a cheaper house which means I was able to put a decent deposit from selling a house not to mention taxes are different up here. But even so we both can't avoid the inflation. And I am not confused on why Labour have just got this lead. It isn't the borrowing. It isn't even the inflation. It is because mortgages rates are about to go through the roof and there are more homeowner voters than even those of pension age!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 29, 2022, 06:39:06 PM
Almost 2 years before there will be a GE, plenty of time to sort it out and Labour put their foot in it.
Sort it? You must be joking.

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 06:33:05 PM
Jeez, check out that cliff edge. A 33pt lead. I guess Dizzy stuttering on the radio hasn't helped much. I can't even think of anything she can put forward at the party conference that is going to improve these figures. GB energy is really liked and people with mortgages have been handed a big dildo up the ass. I just thank God I have just moved with another 8 years fixed.
We have been mortgage free since 1990. (We would be in the deep poo if we weren't.)

B0ycey

Jeez, check out that cliff edge. A 33pt lead. I guess Dizzy stuttering on the radio hasn't helped much. I can't even think of anything she can put forward at the party conference that is going to improve these figures. GB energy is really liked and people with mortgages have been handed a big dildo up the ass. I just thank God I have just moved with another 8 years fixed.

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2022, 06:21:30 PM
This must be causing consternation at Tory HQ.

More at link: -

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2022/09/29/voting-intention-con-21-lab-54-28-29-sep-2022

September 29, 2022, 5:30

Labour open up 33-point vote intention lead in wake of mini-Budget chaos
The latest YouGov/Times vote intention poll shows the Labour party on 54% of the vote, up nine points on their previous record high with YouGov on Monday. The Conservatives meanwhile have dropped to 21% of current vote intention, down seven points.
As well as being their record highest share ever in a YouGov poll, Labour's 33-point lead is the highest figure the party has ever recorded in any published poll since the late 1990s.

I would welcome a Labour government, but the sad fact is these figures reflect the mess the Tories have presided over, the size of the hole they have got us in , and the damage that has probably done long term. So I don't actually cheer.