What we have here

Started by cromwell, September 30, 2022, 12:33:35 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 30, 2022, 11:45:51 AM
SOME of it is down to Russia, a lot of the rest is down to Tory incompetence and doctrinal policies, (and Brexit.)
Most of it is down to Russia. Fuel prices rocketed after the invasion and that affects everything due to delivery costs. Also Ukraine used to supply vast amounts of cereal crops, that's virtually dried up. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 11:35:32 AM
You are aware that Germany has borrowed 3.5 times what the U.K. has to shore up their energy crisis. And how you can deny that this down to Russia is astonishing!
SOME of it is down to Russia, a lot of the rest is down to Tory incompetence and doctrinal policies, (and Brexit.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2022, 12:33:35 AM
Is a woman clearly out of her depth.

It's not been good has it from Mr Runaway Cameron who lacked any guts or conviction who held a referendum then ran away.

We had Mrs (brexit means brexit) May another out of her depth whose ability was obviously inflated far beyond actuality.

Boris was Boris and needed to go but perhaps later rather than sooner and of course Sunak who was Boris's Brutus but was inevitably right in his appraisal of Truss's financial acumen.

All the cobblers of blaming this chaos on Putin when I doubt he couldn't inflict the damage she has if he tried.

To echo my namesake
Is a fair assessment of much of Westminster
You are aware that Germany has borrowed 3.5 times what the U.K. has to shore up their energy crisis. And how you can deny that this down to Russia is astonishing! 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on September 30, 2022, 07:19:19 AM
There was Sunak SW, the guy who said we had to control inflation before we issued tax cuts. As to who keeps.on voting this lot in, surely the answer is you and the rest of the rambling Tories who reside on this forum.
LOL as you have been told I have never voted Tory in my life .  I just hope on hope they will lurch to the right and become a real alternative to Labour because  there hasnt been a fag paper between them for as long as I can remember . They may as well all join together and call themselves Social Democrats and leave the opposition benches empty for the few who have the bottle to stand on their own feet 

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on September 30, 2022, 07:58:58 AM
 Pappy and Steve are hard-core blue veined Tories
Boycey I have a deep depth of hatred of the Tories, going back over 60 years and that hatred has hardened as time has passed.
I cannot possibly post on an internet forum what I would like to do the current callous and incompetent Tory government, as I would be arrested within an hour. (I also have to repeat yet again I am not a member of, or supporter of ANY political party.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 30, 2022, 07:58:58 AM
Not trying to convince anyone on here of anything. Everyone on here except me, Pappy and Steve are hard-core blue veined Tories Sheepy whether they want to admit it or not. The lurkers however are different. We should be selling and voting for sustainable, national energy. And if someone reads my posts and think, "yeah, this guy has a point we should be self reliant on energy by 2030" and votes for that policy, then I am making a difference.

Which I keep telling you it doesn't matter what you believe you are voting for, you don't get a choice once the votes are counted, yet you think you can ignore what is right under your nose. Because they keep telling you at the right time what you want to hear.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2022, 07:48:00 AM
No he isn't you are just trying to convince us, he is a better bet,
Not trying to convince anyone on here of anything. Everyone on here except me, Pappy and Steve are hard-core blue veined Tories Sheepy whether they want to admit it or not. The lurkers however are different. We should be selling and voting for sustainable, national energy. And if someone reads my posts and think, "yeah, this guy has a point we should be self reliant on energy by 2030" and votes for that policy, then I am making a difference.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 30, 2022, 07:43:37 AM
Not at all given I have read Marx. Capitalism is full of contradictions and every fix has a problem. We have just discovered the importance of being self reliant on energy and industry by the gas shortage and Covid. If we bring back all the industry we shipped out the Bourgeois will discover it cuts into his profit margin and then he'll ship everything out again for the cycle to go full circle. As I said, Starmer could be a complete tit. But as long as he makes us self reliant on energy he is worth a vote.

No he isn't you are just trying to convince us, he is a better bet, until you all disappear into the woodwork again when it all goes bottom up. Which is exactly what happened when Labour went bottom up for the very same reasons, I could tell you the ultimate sign of madness, but what would be the point, you follow every sign of it.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2022, 07:34:38 AM
Which is exactly as I said you are doing. Didn't take much working out, by the way we are exactly back where Labour ended their last reign, you don't find that in the slightest odd?
Not at all given I have read Marx. Capitalism is full of contradictions and every fix has a problem. We have just discovered the importance of being self reliant on energy and industry by the gas shortage and Covid. If we bring back all the industry we shipped out the Bourgeois will discover it cuts into his profit margin and then he'll ship everything out again for the cycle to go full circle. As I said, Starmer could be a complete tit. But as long as he makes us self reliant on energy he is worth a vote.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 30, 2022, 07:31:45 AM
O ye with little faith Sheepy. Even if Starmer turns out to be a complete useless tit, he can't be worse than what we have seen in the past twelve years. Whatever you think, GB energy or the notion of 100% self reliance in energy by 2030 means there is a fundamental difference to approach in both parties and to be frank, the reception GB energy has had, means we know which way the electorate wants to head in any case.

Which is exactly as I said you are doing. Didn't take much working out, by the way we are exactly back where Labour ended their last reign, you don't find that in the slightest odd?

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2022, 07:22:53 AM
While you try and kid us voting for the other branch of the Westminster party will change something, which it won't because it never does.

O ye with little faith Sheepy. Even if Starmer turns out to be a complete useless tit, he can't be worse than what we have seen in the past twelve years. Whatever you think, GB energy or the notion of 100% self reliance in energy by 2030 means there is a fundamental difference to approach in both parties and to be frank, the reception GB energy has had, means we know which way the electorate wants to head in any case.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 30, 2022, 07:19:19 AM
There was Sunak SW, the guy who said we had to control inflation before we issued tax cuts. As to who keeps.on voting this lot in, surely the answer is you and the rest of the rambling Tories who reside on this forum.

While you try and kid us voting for the other branch of the Westminster party will change something, which it won't because it never does. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 30, 2022, 06:28:21 AM
Tories eh ,who keeps voting that lot in ?  With Westminster  being full of the worst bunch of incapables in living memory its hard to see a better alternative .

Truss gives an appearence of a ditherer which isnt a confident look . The tax changes last week should have come with the  agreement with the BoE and a readable smallprint to give the markets a clear picture . Probably wouldn't have seen the turmoil of the past week . I note the pound is back where it was against the dollar before the announcments .

She hasnt got a good team around her , Boris had the best of them for what its worth and they all quit . Her cabinet is full of untried juniors ,Truss needs direction but there is none . Her plan is plan A ,B and C .

Having said that who else of the rabble in Parliament is worth our support , certainly nobody sitting opposite , for now she is all we have got

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2022, 12:33:35 AM
Is a woman clearly out of her depth.

It's not been good has it from Mr Runaway Cameron who lacked any guts or conviction who held a referendum then ran away.

We had Mrs (brexit means brexit) May another out of her depth whose ability was obviously inflated far beyond actuality.

Boris was Boris and needed to go but perhaps later rather than sooner and of course Sunak who was Boris's Brutus but was inevitably right in his appraisal of Truss's financial acumen.

All the cobblers of blaming this chaos on Putin when I doubt he couldn't inflict the damage she has if he tried.

To echo my namesake
Is a fair assessment of much of Westminster

The Westminster party are trying to convince everyone they have 33% lead over themselves, now that is proper nuts. 

Streetwalker

Tories eh ,who keeps voting that lot in ?  With Westminster  being full of the worst bunch of incapables in living memory its hard to see a better alternative . 

Truss gives an appearence of a ditherer which isnt a confident look . The tax changes last week should have come with the  agreement with the BoE and a readable smallprint to give the markets a clear picture . Probably wouldn't have seen the turmoil of the past week . I note the pound is back where it was against the dollar before the announcments .

She hasnt got a good team around her , Boris had the best of them for what its worth and they all quit . Her cabinet is full of untried juniors ,Truss needs direction but there is none . Her plan is plan A ,B and C .

Having said that who else of the rabble in Parliament is worth our support , certainly nobody sitting opposite , for now she is all we have got