What we have here

Started by cromwell, September 30, 2022, 12:33:35 AM

« previous - next »

B-4

The greater the misery the happier Labour are, and I find that a lot more repugnant than the arrogance in power.  Of course, the MSM is rooting for Labour, the EU and Biden/IRA whilst telling us to be united against Russia and those who question the new Dr. Who.

Woke Tories, racist Labour... I don't feel any unity to any of it. 

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 01:21:10 PM
The mini budget was nothing special, cutting taxes! It was the reaction of the markets that was out of the ordinary. The main reason for the drop in GBP is the strength on the dollar, the greedy futures dealers just gave it a bit more of a nudge.
You've certainly swallowed the Philp, Redwood, Rees-Mogg, etc, line of: "not us, it's the fault of all the other nasty people".

It's this response to every mistake and the persistent cavalier attitude of the core of Johnson acolytes and believers that's brought the Conservatives perilously near to the low support they had when Blair inflicted the trouncing on them in 1997...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 01:21:10 PM
The mini budget was nothing special, cutting taxes! It was the reaction of the markets that was out of the ordinary. The main reason for the drop in GBP is the strength on the dollar, the greedy futures dealers just gave it a bit more of a nudge.
It only started when Kwazzy spoke, it must have been the Dollar. lol

The issue now isn't so much the value of the pound which in itself is an issue due to inflation but the cost of borrowing, mortgage interest rates and declining pensions. 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 30, 2022, 01:13:15 PM
Excuse me butting in, but Germany is not in control of the currency it uses to buy the dollars it uses to buy the oil and gas it needs.

On the other hand, the UK on its own, drove down its own currency to record depths, to almost parity with the USD. And the Bank of England had to step in with £65 billion of its own reserves to alleviate the major impact for such areas as pension funds.

Admittedly Russia's activities are negatively affecting a large part of the UK's economic activity, but last weeks' mini budget was another example of UK self harming, thereby compounding the difficulties ahead.

For Truss, this would be a good game to win...

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2022, 01:08:58 PM
When the Tory graphics slagging off Truus you know she's out of her depth.
From what I'm hearing and reading, Truss is being dissed by her own party to a greater intensity than Major experienced from his in-house "bastards"...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 11:35:32 AM
You are aware that Germany has borrowed 3.5 times what the U.K. has to shore up their energy crisis. And how you can deny that this down to Russia is astonishing!
Excuse me butting in, but Germany is not in control of the currency it uses to buy the dollars it uses to buy the oil and gas it needs.

On the other hand, the UK on its own, drove down its own currency to record depths, to almost parity with the USD. And the Bank of England had to step in with £65 billion of its own reserves to alleviate the major impact for such areas as pension funds.

Admittedly Russia's activities are negatively affecting a large part of the UK's economic activity, but last weeks' mini budget was another example of UK self harming, thereby compounding the difficulties ahead.

For Truss, this would be a good game to win...

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 11:35:32 AM
You are aware that Germany has borrowed 3.5 times what the U.K. has to shore up their energy crisis. And how you can deny that this down to Russia is astonishing!
When the Torygraph is slagging off Truss you know she's out of her depth.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 30, 2022, 12:16:53 PM
Maybe so.

I see on todays bbc news front page the statement that her critics in the banking and government borrowing business are to "issue a revised assessment" next week.

i can't help thinking someone's found out Sunak was orchestrating the sort of briefing sessions we used to see Brown organise against Blair....
Don't you think that if someone had found that out, it would be all over the two Tory house journals, the Mail and Telegraph...?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 12:30:50 PM
But you're not saying? Another boring post by you.
I already have, Brexit, (whether you like it or not) is a factor, Tory incompetence, and doctrine are factors. As for food supply, there are droughts, floods, wildfires, across the planet effecting food supply which will get worse. Russia is but one of many.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 30, 2022, 12:24:13 PM
Russia is just one factor there are many others.
But you're not saying? Another boring post by you. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2022, 12:11:50 PM
Most of it is down to Russia.
Russia is just one factor there are many others.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: B0ycey on September 30, 2022, 07:19:19 AM
There was Sunak SW, the guy who said we had to control inflation before we issued tax cuts. As to who keeps.on voting this lot in, surely the answer is you and the rest of the rambling Tories who reside on this forum.

well I know you can't possibly mean me. The tories are far too left wing for my liking.

I see this morning the greens are saying tax the rich to give free heating to the poor.

I've got a much better idea. Given the greens got us in the shit we are with no viable energy sources, shoot every one of them, and use their corpses in combined heat and power furnaces.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2022, 12:33:35 AM
Is a woman clearly out of her depth.
Maybe so.

I see on todays bbc news front page the statement that her critics in the banking and government borrowing business are to "issue a revised assessment" next week.

i cant help thinking someone's found out Sunak was orchestrating the sort of briefing sessions we used to see Brown organise against Blair....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>