What we have here

Started by cromwell, September 30, 2022, 12:33:35 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 10:23:48 AMI am explaining to you how economics works
You really must be joking. The only people who understand the current economic disaster are those making the profits out of doom.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 10:23:48 AM
You haven't explained anything and you have provided no links as evidence. I am explaining to you how economics works in laymen so you and lurkers can understand and your response is "Only in the world of Westminster politics would that make sense" (I believe that is what your response was suppose to say anyway).

LOL Boycey and economics give me a break historically the evidence is under your nose, why I would even take the time to explain it here is pointless anyway and yes, the three-party system does rely on you keep falling for it. Although really it is a one-party system.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 10:19:53 AM
Maybe the the cryptic answer is, precisely what the Tories rely on.
Maybe the less cryptic answer is that the two party system relies on it. Which is why I have little fear of Labour getting in, as nothing will change significantly.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 10:15:58 AM
How can it be fricking cryptic, I have explained in full with historical backup as evidence.

You haven't explained anything and you have provided no links as evidence. I am explaining to you how economics works in laymen so you and lurkers can understand and your response is "Only in the world of Westminster politics would that make sense" (I believe that is what your response was suppose to say anyway).

Good old

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 10:13:58 AM
Christ Sheepy, you should publish your posts in the Cryptic Times crossword puzzle given I have no understanding what you are saying here. You said that nobody can fix the economy when I have just told you they can by balancing the books. I don't care for your notion that a vote for the Tories and Labour is for the same Westminster party when firstly that is not what I am discussing and two Labour and the Tories are divided on so many issues right now anyway.

Maybe the the cryptic answer is, precisely what the Tories rely on.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 10:13:58 AM
Christ Sheepy, you should publish your posts in the Cryptic Times crossword puzzle given I have no understanding what you are saying here. You said that nobody can fix the economy when I have just told you they can by balancing the books. I don't care for your notion that a vote for the Tories and Labour is for the same Westminster party when firstly that is not what I am discussing and two Labour and the Tories are divided on so many issues right now anyway.
How can it be fricking cryptic, I have explained in full with historical backup as evidence. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 10:07:51 AM
Only in the world of vote for us in the Westminster party you know it makes no sense whatsoever.

Christ Sheepy, you should publish your posts in the Cryptic Times crossword puzzle given I have no understanding what you are saying here. You said that nobody can fix the economy when I have just told you they can by balancing the books. I don't care for your notion that a vote for the Tories and Labour is for the same Westminster party when firstly that is not what I am discussing and two Labour and the Tories are divided on so many issues right now anyway.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 09:01:29 AM
Just about anyone who said they backed Brexit, unless of course you didn't notice, not that they actually did anyway, but it has been interesting watching it all come to pass.
Well there you go Sheepy none really backed brexit other than a route to power.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 10:05:29 AM
Of course you can balance the books Sheepy. I am an advocate of MMT so I don't agree that we need to pay off or even reduce the current level of debt. But at the same time I appreciate the inflation pressures overloading the economy of Sterling has, I understand the worry of the market to over spending and I can appreciate that services need to be paid for. The aim for every Chancellor is to either one borrow for growth (Keynesism economics) like borrowing huge amounts building energy infrastructure on the knowledge tax revenue in the future will pay for the borrowing or two to balance the books so your tax revenue is in line with the spending of services. There is no economic sense in giving tax cuts for the rich and trickle down economics is a con.

Only in the world of vote for us in the Westminster party you know it makes no sense whatsoever.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 02, 2022, 10:04:13 AM
So what do you suggest? Not get up in the morning? Doing nothing at all will change nothing. Precisely what the Tories rely on happening.
I have told what I suggest stop voting for your own demise, it is nonsensical. I have already explained with facts stop voting for the insane putting themselves up as sane.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 09:56:06 AM
It would be an impossibly to balance the books because your grandchildren are already carrying a massive debt which if any of them had any control over the economy it would never have happened, just like every boom and bust and every following recession. You wouldn't have the largest gap between rich and poor ever and you wouldn't every successive government handing out policy which always ends up with the same scenario which I told you would happen weeks ago. Just a few facts Boycey or otherwise you are living your life in the Westminster party ivory tower world of bullshit.

Of course you can balance the books Sheepy. I am an advocate of MMT so I don't agree that we need to pay off or even reduce the current level of debt. But at the same time I appreciate the inflation pressures overloading the economy of Sterling has, I understand the worry of the market to over spending and I can appreciate that services need to be paid for. The aim for every Chancellor is to either one borrow for growth (Keynesism economics) like borrowing huge amounts building energy infrastructure on the knowledge tax revenue in the future will pay for the borrowing or two to balance the books so your tax revenue is in line with the spending of services. There is no economic sense in giving tax cuts for the rich and trickle down economics is a con. 

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 09:56:06 AM
It would be an impossibly to balance the books because your grandchildren are already carrying a massive debt which if any of them had any control over the economy it would never have happened, just like every boom and bust and every following recession. You wouldn't have the largest gap between rich and poor ever and you wouldn't every successive government handing out policy which always ends up with the same scenario which I told you would happen weeks ago. Just a few facts Boycey or otherwise you are living your life in the Westminster party ivory tower world of bullshit.

So what do you suggest? Not get up in the morning? Doing nothing at all will change nothing. Precisely what the Tories rely on happening.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 09:50:06 AM
Of course you can control the economy Sheepy. By balancing the books.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2022, 09:40:58 AM
Except any fool can see none of them actually have any control over the economy.

Of course you can control the economy Sheepy. By balancing the books.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 09:35:43 AM
Listen Sheepy, I am not really supporting either Sunak nor Starmer. I understand the current Tory government is wreaking the country and Labour have a more credible alternative to fixing the problem. So I am more than happy for them to take over given Trussnomics is destined to fail. And I also support GB energy. A nationalised company that will reinvest profits into making the UK 100% energy sufficient by 2030 and that alone is worth a vote. Whether Starmer is a complete tit when in power and we need to oust him out and put Long Bailey in, we will have to see. I know until Labour are in power such an action isn't possible in any case.

As for Sunak, like my good self, we could see in advance that Truss was going to crash the economy. That kind of hindsight is needed today I don't care what anyone says. Sunak said we need to focus on inflation before tax cuts and he was completely right. Inflation and mortgage rate rises supersedes that of the tax cut and energy rebate payment. So yeah, I would like Sunak to take over. I would like the Tories to oust Liz Truss. But that isn't an endorsement for Sunak. Nor is it an endorsement for the Tory government. It is an understanding that Sunak has an understanding of the situation we are in and at the very least he is not going to make things any worse than what they are now.

Except any fool can see none of them actually have any control over the economy.