This bloody energy kerfuffle is putting years on me

Started by Borchester, September 30, 2022, 10:55:25 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on September 30, 2022, 10:55:25 PM
I am not saying that it hasn't been fun, particularly when Putin bombed the gas pipeline somewhere or other, but a joke is a joke and it is time for an end to this nonsense.

Putin?  🤣  No, that was Biden, and it's not supposed to be fun.  We are supposed to suffer, so the global elite can create chaos, and out of that, offer a new order, on the condition that you comply with the new rules.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 05:10:47 PM
It depends on how much you Tax them Nick. Record prices equals record profits. I see no reason to not cap the profits to what they were before the crisis given the times.
All assumptions, until they do their year end nobody knows what they've made. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 02, 2022, 10:38:54 AM
Blame what?Nothing has happened, really, has it. We've had days of hype over a glitch caused by the ONS.
Barry, the consequences have yet to be seen by you given the costs haven't been passed down yet. Higher glit rates means that will have to be paid for by future tax payers at the expense of public spending along with tax increases. Higher interest rates will be passed down to those who borrow. That includes home owners, but it also includes businesses as well. Inflation in the prices we pay is only going up. The actions of this government are not immediately seen. The budget has yet to be signed off for a start. But in two years time you will see it. Then we can discuss this further.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 10:37:06 AM
Check out this Twtter feed from Islam. Look at the borrowing between us and Greece. No cliffedge with Greece so how exactly can Truss blame this on the Dollar or global economic challenges.

https://mobile.twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1576479700955774977
Blame what?Nothing has happened, really, has it. We've had days of hype over a glitch caused by the ONS.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Check out this Twtter feed from Islam. Look at the borrowing between us and Greece. No cliffedge with Greece so how exactly can Truss blame this on the Dollar or global economic challenges.

https://mobile.twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1576479700955774977

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 02, 2022, 09:46:38 AM
 I don't see any forgiveness by anyone who is going to be paying more for their mortgage in any case. 
Quite. Apparently 100000 people per month are coming off of fixed rate mortgages.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 02, 2022, 09:27:24 AM
2 years is a long time in politics B0ycey, we've got a lot of waiting and seeing to do.
Will Starmer be PM? Can't see it myself, but he's had a lovely conference so he's feeling chipper at the moment.
Two years is a long time Barry. A long time to make the polls even better. The Tories were already handicapped given the ruling power is always blamed when the economy sinks whether it was their fault or not. Now they are also to be blamed for the actions they take. I don't see any forgiveness by anyone who is going to be paying more for their mortgage in any case. So you might not see Starmer as PM, but to me, I see no other person in the race.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 08:46:12 PMSo bang the drum of Trussnomics if you must. The longer she continues the better Labours polling will be.
2 years is a long time in politics B0ycey, we've got a lot of waiting and seeing to do.
Will Starmer be PM? Can't see it myself, but he's had a lovely conference so he's feeling chipper at the moment.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2022, 08:36:31 PM
Like most Tories I am only interested in short term gains and am unable to think ahead, so I am ok with things as they are.
Weren't you complaining about the wife turning everything off to save electricity just this morning? Then asking for the windfall tax subsidiary that Labour would have gave you had they been in power this afternoon? We haven't even seen the worse yet Borky. Haven't you realised there is no short term gain. There is inflation and there is high bills as I type. And down the road there is high mortgage repayments and lower value pensions. So bang the drum of Trussnomics if you must. The longer she continues the better Labours polling will be.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 05:15:21 PM
Congrats for this year. Are you aware the tax that paid for your rebate was windfall? Given this government, do you think you'll be in profit next year?

Like most Tories I am only interested in short term gains and am unable to think ahead, so I am ok with things as they are.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 01, 2022, 06:35:15 PM
I dare say I will. The gas prices are dropping like a stone, so the bills won't be so bad. The whole energy bailout is only going to cost 30bn if that and the forecast is that the economy will be in credit in around 3 years. (OK, they might not get 3 years).
All looking rosy.

Dropping like a stone? Dropping perhaps. Still high.

Also, bills should be more than the cap. How exactly will the economy be in credit? But in any case without more help next year, you won't be in profit next year given your bills have gone up 27% from yesterday.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 05:15:21 PM
Congrats for this year. Are you aware the tax that paid for your rebate was windfall? Given this government, do you think you'll be in profit next year?
I dare say I will. The gas prices are dropping like a stone, so the bills won't be so bad. The whole energy bailout is only going to cost 30bn if that and the forecast is that the economy will be in credit in around 3 years. (OK, they might not get 3 years).
All looking rosy.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 01, 2022, 04:51:10 PM
I reckon I'll be in profit. £400 + £250 is £650 to pay an increase of about £500 max in the winter bills seems a bit of a breeze. We have a very energy efficient bungalow, the conservatory adds heat on sunny days. We've not had the heating on and it is 22C in the lounge.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2022, 04:31:55 PM
And what do you think they will do to the markets, taking money of companies for absolutely no reason? It will scare the willy's out of them and they'll contest it in court and win. Then move their administrative offices out of the U.K. 
It depends on how much you Tax them Nick. Record prices equals record profits. I see no reason to not cap the profits to what they were before the crisis given the times.

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2022, 04:04:58 PM
No problems. You now have 14 days before my next power bill, but I am sure that will be plenty of time.

Bad news Borky. We have a Tory, not a Labour government. You high bills are going to the energy wholesalers on the hope they will invest in the North Sea.