This bloody energy kerfuffle is putting years on me

Started by Borchester, September 30, 2022, 10:55:25 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

We really need Boris back.

If he were still mayor he would through sack loads of cash at the problem and arrange to have the capital centrally heated. But Sadiq Khan is a sad little sod who really enjoys being miserable so we are being left to freeze
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2022, 02:56:03 PM
I can supply the demand, I am just after someone to pay my heating bills :)
I reckon I'll be in profit. £400 + £250 is £650 to pay an increase of about £500 max in the winter bills seems a bit of a breeze. We have a very energy efficient bungalow, the conservatory adds heat on sunny days. We've not had the heating on and it is 22C in the lounge. 
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 03:53:37 PM
The money comes from North Sea Oil than BP Borky. Sure BP will be paying a high portion of it but so will Shell.
And what do you think they will do to the markets, taking money of companies for absolutely no reason? It will scare the willy's out of them and they'll contest it in court and win. Then move their administrative offices out of the U.K.  
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 03:53:37 PM
The money comes from North Sea Oil than BP Borky. Sure BP will be paying a high portion of it but so will Shell.

Good. In that case all we need do is sort out Shell's tax structure and then send the redcoats to extract the money from Wee Krankie.

No problems. You now have 14 days before my next power bill, but I am sure that will be plenty of time.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2022, 03:50:18 PM
I don't give a crap as long as it all kicks in before my next energy bill on the 15th.

The last I heard BP's losses for the last couple of years should cover this year's profits, so I doubt we will see much in the way of tax receipts for a while. But the media and most everyone else has said that a windfall tax will cure coughs, colds and pimples on the belly, so who am I to argue?

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 03:17:37 PM
How about the oil and gas companies via a windfall tax? Your bills would have been frozen with Labour.

I don't give a crap as long as it all kicks in before my next energy bill on the 15th.

The last I heard BP's losses for the last couple of years should cover this year's profits, so I doubt we will see much in the way of tax receipts for a while. But the media and most everyone else has said that a windfall tax will cure coughs, colds and pimples on the belly, so who am I to argue?

Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2022, 03:38:22 PM
Labour would pay for everything if you believe them. They can't cost anything.
They say they have cost their policies up and remember they would have a windfall tax. I guess if they hadn't cost things up they will be caught with their pants down like Truss. But GB energy won't spook the market given it is definitely borrowing for growth and most likely fund many of the things they want to do, especially if energy prices stay high.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2022, 03:38:22 PM
The Tories appear to have found a money forest not just a money tree.  They can't cost anything either.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 03:17:37 PM
How about the oil and gas companies via a windfall tax? Your bills would have been frozen with Labour.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2022, 02:56:03 PM

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on October 01, 2022, 09:29:54 AM
How do you want it to end? Supply and demand Borky. Supply and demand.

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 01, 2022, 10:46:52 AM
I give up as well , the Mrs has been sitting around all week doing her nails and suchlike . This morning the washing machine and tumble dryer are doing laps round the scullery ,the heatings on (because grandaughter is coming ) and the worst of it is my beer fridge has been emptied to make way for cake .

On a better  note the club has decided its going to be warm room for folk who need(or dont want to put the heating on )  somewhere to go out of the cold during the day ...every cloud .

:)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

I give up as well , the Mrs has been sitting around all week doing her nails and suchlike . This morning the washing machine and tumble dryer are doing laps round the scullery ,the heatings on (because grandaughter is coming ) and the worst of it is my beer fridge has been emptied to make way for cake .

On a better  note the club has decided its going to be warm room for folk who need(or dont want to put the heating on )  somewhere to go out of the cold during the day ...every cloud . 

Barry

Don't turn the heating on!

In other news, the price of cheap rate electricity on the economy 7 tariff went DOWN today, from 15.8p to 11.7p, so we are going nocturnal, cooking at night and sleeping all day when the cold weather comes. ;) Union Flag
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on September 30, 2022, 10:55:25 PM
She is running round turning the heating down and the electric off and the old home is as cold as a witch's tit. It would help if her knowledge of basic chemistry extended beyond earth, sand and my God, have you seen the price of fire these days ! But it doesn't and twice today she has asked why we aren't saving on the electricity now that she has turned the thermostat down to zero and I have had to repeat that it might be because we have gas central heating.

I am not saying that it hasn't been fun, particularly when Putin bombed the gas pipeline somewhere or other, but a joke is a joke and it is time for an end to this nonsense.
How do you want it to end? Supply and demand Borky. Supply and demand.