Stop panicking

Started by T00ts, October 02, 2022, 01:58:31 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2022, 06:22:15 PM
Well, I can tell you now, just like every manifesto that has gone before they won't be worth the paper they are scribbled on.

Maybe Sheepy. But I don't think GB energy will be ditched. That policy came off well in their conference and had universal support within the party. It was also well received by the public and given the borrowing needed for it would stimulate growth, such borrowing won't spook the market.

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on October 04, 2022, 06:18:44 PM
There's also the point of whether Labour can summon enough support from the electorate to form a government.

To me, who sees much of the news media output, I'm unsure, and currently think Labour in a cobbled together coalition would be a possible outcome.

Admittedly, Starmer has blocked entering into power through joining with the SNP, but there are many ways to agree to an informal compact.

And who can tell how many voters will forget Clegg's brush with reality over tuition fees, and tactically vote for the LibDems...?
What Starmer says now means F@@@ all if Labour need the SNP to gain power. Cameron said the same thing about the Lib Dems and there was an awkward moment when a journalist asked him if he stood by Clegg being his favourite joke when the Tories and Lib Dems joined forces.

But to answer your response more directly, if current polls are to be believed Labour won't just get a majority but a decent working majority and if I am going to be honest, the Tories with 2 more years of Truss have further to fall.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 06:14:37 PM
We will know more when the manifestos have been published and the financial experts get their hands on them. Starmer says his pledges are paid for. Although any money invested in GB energy will yield returns and for that policy alone Labour are worth a vote in my opinion.

Well, I can tell you now, just like every manifesto that has gone before they won't be worth the paper they are scribbled on.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 05:59:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the Tories are getting voted out Sheepy. The question is can they stem the decline so they can be an opposition?
There's also the point of whether Labour can summon enough support from the electorate to form a government.

To me, who sees much of the news media output, I'm unsure, and currently think Labour in a cobbled together coalition would be a possible outcome.

Admittedly, Starmer has blocked entering into power through joining with the SNP, but there are many ways to agree to an informal compact.

And who can tell how many voters will forget Clegg's brush with reality over tuition fees, and tactically vote for the LibDems...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2022, 06:04:26 PM
Somebody said today, we mustn't let Labour in, I said why? it will be exactly the same anyway. Borrow and create debt, until people have really taken all they a taking. While the EU and Americans suck the life out of the place.

We will know more when the manifestos have been published and the financial experts get their hands on them. Starmer says his pledges are paid for. Although any money invested in GB energy will yield returns and for that policy alone Labour are worth a vote in my opinion.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 05:59:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the Tories are getting voted out Sheepy. The question is can the stem the decline so they can be an opposition?

Somebody said today, we mustn't let Labour in, I said why? it will be exactly the same anyway. Borrow and create debt, until people have really taken all they a taking. While the EU and Americans suck the life out of the place.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2022, 05:56:18 PM
Heard it all before Boycey, at every election in fact.

I'm pretty sure the Tories are getting voted out Sheepy. The question is can they stem the decline so they can be an opposition?

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 10:10:43 AM
I doubt it Sheepy. The police will hold them back. But the numbers and voice they express is the overall opinion of the nation on whole and I expect in the polling stations that this where they true storming will be.
Heard it all before Boycey, at every election in fact.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 09:55:04 AM
Do the left have no sense of decency and fair play?

The Tories let Labour have their week of happy delusion, it's only fair that the left should let the Tories have theirs.
None whatsoever, I was getting a bit worried in case they had found Nick and strung him up.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 10:14:16 AM
Indeed Pappy. The BBC went and spoke to a few of them and a significant portion of them were Tory voters in 2019 who are now facing mortgage rate increases or those who are worried about the cost of living crisis.
Quite.  A lot of JAMs,(Just About Managing,) no longer are able to manage, when the middle class get angry with the Tories the Tories have a problem.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 09:58:11 AM
Why do you assume the protestors are universally "left?"  (That is not a trick question.)
Indeed Pappy. The BBC went and spoke to a few of them and a significant portion of them were Tory voters in 2019 who are now facing mortgage rate increases or those who are worried about the cost of living crisis.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2022, 09:23:58 AM
On the bright side, I hear Boyceys crew are storming the Conservative conference.

I doubt it Sheepy. The police will hold them back. But the numbers and voice they express is the overall opinion of the nation on whole and I expect in the polling stations that this where they true storming will be.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 09:55:04 AM

Why do you assume the protestors are universally "left?"  (That is not a trick question.)

Barry

On the bright side, I hear Boyceys crew are storming the Conservative conference.

The Tories let Labour have their week of happy delusion, it's only fair that the left should let the Tories have theirs.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Only making a bit of a noise, no storming involved. (There are videos on YouTube but little mainstream reporting in UK media/press. Foreign news outlet are not being so reticent.)