Stop panicking

Started by T00ts, October 02, 2022, 01:58:31 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 09:39:26 PM
Oh how cute. With allowances, claiming back expenses, second and third jobs and back handers, they are indeed no where near £150,000. They earn way beyond that.
Accountant?
If you were involved in any form of accounting you would know you don't pay tax on claimed expenses and back handsets don't exist. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2022, 09:32:19 PMJust as a matter of interest, the 45% tax rate would not apply to most MPs as they don't earn anywhere near £150,000.
Many do with their second jobs, particularly on the Tory benches. And it is those on ministers' salaries who are making all the decisions. Many of them are themselves millionaires, as are many of their friends and relatives, I have no doubt.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2022, 09:32:19 PM
Just as a matter of interest, the 45% tax rate would not apply to most MPs as they don't earn anywhere near £150,000.
Oh how cute. With allowances, claiming back expenses, second and third jobs and back handers, they are indeed no where near £150,000. They earn way beyond that.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on October 05, 2022, 09:27:14 PM
Borrowing vast sums just to hand most of it to the already rich should never have been the choice.

If it made sense to borrow so much at all it would have been better spent raising basic rate NI and income tax thresholds and improving the taper for universal credit so that the working poor got to keep much more of their money.

But no. Their top priority was massive tax cuts for the rich, which included themselves naturally. Self serving greedy scumbags that they obviously are. Thankfully there appear to be Tories with a better developed social conscience who forced a retreat on some of this.
As I posted at the time, a £20,000 tax free allowance would be a good start.
Just as a matter of interest, the 45% tax rate would not apply to most MPs as they don't earn anywhere near £150,000.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 02, 2022, 01:58:31 PMWhat were the choices?
Borrowing vast sums just to hand most of it to the already rich should never have been the choice. 

If it made sense to borrow so much at all it would have been better spent raising basic rate NI and income tax thresholds and improving the taper for universal credit so that the working poor got to keep much more of their money.

But no. Their top priority was massive tax cuts for the rich, which included themselves naturally. Self serving greedy scumbags that they obviously are. Thankfully there appear to be Tories with a better developed social conscience who forced a retreat on some of this.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 07:38:06 PM
I wasn't actually thinking of the current government, particularly.
Take a look at the Gender Recognition Act (2004) which Labour brought in - where did that come from - was it in their manifesto, and it has and is causing untold trouble in society. This is just one example.
Others are same sex marriage, which was not in the manifestos, as far as I am aware.

How many times can they use the same excuse of unforeseen circumstances? It sounds like a lame excuse that covers just about anything. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 07:36:38 PM
Boris was and is a serial liar with no morals, 

What, you mean lockdowns were not necessary, vaccines, masks?  😮
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 08:17:21 PM
Probably, along with Clegg, but was it on a manifesto?

Ah, now you are asking. I mean, who reads manifestos?
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on October 04, 2022, 07:51:33 PM
Were not same sex marriages David Cameron's idea? I have to say that I did not follow the matter closely, but I remember my nephew and his boyfriend getting married at the time
Probably, along with Clegg, but was it on a manifesto?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 07:38:06 PM
I wasn't actually thinking of the current government, particularly.
Take a look at the Gender Recognition Act (2004) which Labour brought in - where did that come from - was it in their manifesto, and it has and is causing untold trouble in society. This is just one example.
Others are same sex marriage, which was not in the manifestos, as far as I am aware.
2004 was certainly when same sex civil partnerships could be legally registered, and from 2011 such partnerships could also be solemnised on religious premises.

Same sex marriage just equalised thing for those who weren't able to be treated equally by society. 

I don't see that's caused any real trouble to anyone — in fact, it's undoubtedly saved individuals a lot of legal hassle over partner and property rights. And can't straight couples also now register their civil partnerships..?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 04, 2022, 07:55:52 PM
And as one of the people who whinged and campaigned for his return.....and why so you can prod poke and humiliate for your entertainment.......it's not a good look and one that wont be entertained for ever.

You mean that you will start censoring my posts again?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on October 04, 2022, 07:47:35 PM
And you are a tiresome troll who should not be allowed out without your minder, but if we can put up with you then you should be able to endure Boris.

Wonder if he will run again for the party leadership
And as one of the people who whinged and campaigned for his return.....and why so you can prod poke and humiliate for your entertainment.......it's not a good look and one that wont be entertained for ever.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?