Stop panicking

Started by T00ts, October 02, 2022, 01:58:31 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 08:27:51 AM
Nope, just arguing with Barry on earnings. Can you imagine a forum when the responder is liable for every word that someone else wrote? We are on that forum it seems.

Man the strawman are stacked up high here.
If you say so 😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2022, 11:12:43 PM
Not interested in tax? You're talking bollox, you were arguing directly with Barry's point about 45% tax. Just admit you don't know what you're talking about.

Anymore wriggling?
Nope, just arguing with Barry on earnings. Can you imagine a forum when the responder is liable for every word that someone else wrote? We are on that forum it seems.

Man the strawman are stacked up high here.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 11:05:37 PM
Earnings not tax. I am not interested what is getting taxed, what rate or what percentage because that isn't my argument.
Not interested in tax? You're talking bollox, you were arguing directly with Barry's point about 45% tax. Just admit you don't know what you're talking about. 

Anymore wriggling? 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2022, 11:01:31 PM
It's called income.
What has the 45% tax on £150K go to do with 'Earnings' if only their MP's salary (£85K) is taxable? Its like pulling teeth getting you to understand anything.
Nick, why are you being so obtuse? I haven't mentioned tax. Barry said MPs don't earn anywhere near £150,000 and I said they earn way more. Earnings not tax. I am not interested what is getting taxed, what rate or what percentage because that isn't my argument. What you are doing here is called a strawman.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 10:53:36 PM
Again, earnings. Not salary. Not tax. Earnings. When everything is totted up, from Salary, expenses, 2nd jobs, backhanders they earn more than £150,000.

As for the rest, think what you like.
It's called income. 
What has the 45% tax on £150K go to do with 'Earnings' if only their MP's salary (£85K) is taxable? Its like pulling teeth getting you to understand anything. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2022, 10:47:26 PM
Yes I do deny it. Salary is dealt with under PAYE, if their other INCOME is via a Ltd company they own it most likely will be dividends or drawings which isn't subject to PAYE.
I could have an income of £200K and pay no NI and no income tax, and the fact you don't know that tells me you don't have a clue about accountancy.

Again, earnings. Not salary. Not tax. Earnings. When everything is totted up, from Salary, expenses, 2nd jobs, backhanders they earn more than £150,000. 

As for the rest, think what you like.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 10:36:27 PM
Payroll is everything not just earnings. Although I call it month end. lol.

As for whether earning get taxed or not is irrelevant. I was speaking of earnings. An MP, when you total everything up has more than what their MP salary is. Do you deny that.
Yes I do deny it. Salary is dealt with under PAYE, if their other INCOME is via a Ltd company they own it most likely will be dividends or drawings which isn't subject to PAYE.
I could have an income of £200K and pay no NI and no income tax (45% tax isn't relevant), and the fact you don't know that tells me you don't have a clue about accountancy.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2022, 10:32:48 PM
Earnings? Accountants call it payroll, and what part of payroll do accountants handle that isn't based on tax? I'd love to know.
Payroll is everything not just earnings. Although I call it month end. lol.

As for whether earnings get taxed or not is irrelevant. I was speaking of earnings. An MP, when you total everything up has more than what their MP salary is. Do you deny that.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 10:22:42 PM
I spoke of earning not tax Nick. You are confusing your argument here and helping me out. Thanks I guess.
Earnings? Accountants call it payroll, and what part of payroll do accountants handle that isn't based on tax? I'd love to know. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2022, 10:20:34 PM
So MP's salary (150K) has nothing to do with earnings?
1 sugar please.
I spoke of earning not tax Nick. You are confusing your argument here and helping me out. Thanks I guess.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 09:58:03 PM
I didn't speak of tax, just earnings. But I make tea remember. You don't believe I work in accounts and I am not interested in convincing you otherwise.
So MP's salary (150K) has nothing to do with earnings? 
1 sugar please. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2022, 09:54:01 PM
Accountant?
If you were involved in any form of accounting you would know you don't pay tax on claimed expenses and back handsets don't exist.

I didn't speak of tax, just earnings. But I make tea remember. You don't believe I work in accounts and I am not interested in convincing you otherwise.